Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 140
  1. #121
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    482

    Default

    This might be because I'm late on this thread, but half the negative things people are saying about AoC aren't even true. So for people reading these reviews, keep that in mind before you decide for or against buying AoC. I read all sorts of this crap, then went to a friend's house and played some AoC. I would start bringing up things about what you can and can't do in game, and I constantly got the response, "um no, watch this." Before experiencing the game, I was positive I didn't want it, based on the reviews, but now I actually want it after seeing how the game ACTUALLY is.

    It's a different kind of mmo than darkfall, in that it exists, it doesn't have full loot, it has levels, and it has instances. It is a different style, that isn't better or worse, just preferable to some, hated by others. However, if you are going to put down a game, don't make up shit like "the entire world is instanced" or "you don't actually get a free month." The amount of lies I've read here are laughable, especially about the invisible walls. Seriously, your navigation skills must be garbage.

    One true disadvantage to AoC is the system requirements. Do not buy this game unless you have an 8800 or better. My friend has an 8800 gts, and he runs the game perfectly fine on max settings, but performance decreases drastically on even slightly worse cards. I will say I never experienced any lag or choppiness or even glitches of any kind the entire time I played.

    Bash a game that sucks, go ahead. But if you think it sucks, you would probably better off mentioning things that you think suck, and not coming up with imaginary issues in AoC. What is the point?

    Oh, and despite how much it hurts everyone around here, know that Age of Conan is the absolute best mmorpg out in the market at the moment. Sure, that doesn't say much, but if there isn't a superior alternative, you can only criticize so much.

    And the fact is, AoC will have 10x the community of Darkfall when/if Darkfall comes out. So, even if Darkfall is a better game (which, yes, it probably will be), it won't be nearly as fun due to a small and shitty community. Look at you guys, getting pissed at people who like AoC, making up lies, EVEN THOUGH the people that said they enjoy AoC admit they will probably like Darkfall more.
    "Wait a minute... I've got an idea so smart, my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."

    Quote Originally Posted by Fylraen
    It's not that dogs are raping children any more than they used to

  2. #122
    4000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest, USA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    before i got it i thought it was a lot like guild wars.

    The single player part is a LOT like guildwars pve. the npcs have lots of interesting things to say but the quests are like go to a marker on your map, touch something or fight someone, go to next marker on map, fight someone or touch something, return for reward.

    If they were gonna make it single player they should have made the quests interesting. the STORIES for the quests are ok, but the implementation is so simple an illiterate 4 year old could figure them out. No cunning or intelligence necessary.

    I still haven't gotten out of tortage (nub city < 20) but I have heard that everything gets worse from there on. I plan to try it out to see if it is fun to pvp, but I got essentially what I expected. Which is sad cause I <3 the setting.

    They didn't really stick by their "be true to R.E. Howard's hyperborea" claim though, imo. too many fireballs and lightning bolts all over the place and not enough RAWR!
    DELICIOUS
    "Vendor buy bank guards." - Trad.
    Join the Cybernations Darkfall Alliance.

  3. #123
    2000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignignokt View Post
    Oh, and despite how much it hurts everyone around here, know that Age of Conan is the absolute best mmorpg out in the market at the moment. Sure, that doesn't say much, but if there isn't a superior alternative, you can only criticize so much.

    And the fact is, AoC will have 10x the community of Darkfall when/if Darkfall comes out. So, even if Darkfall is a better game (which, yes, it probably will be), it won't be nearly as fun due to a small and shitty community. Look at you guys, getting pissed at people who like AoC, making up lies, EVEN THOUGH the people that said they enjoy AoC admit they will probably like Darkfall more.
    I wont address the earlier part of your post, as you dont even own the game. I'll address this part though, because you and everyone else can better relate.

    AoC is not the best MMO out there. Not if based on skill required to play (WoW requires more, I'm dead serious), not if based on polish and execution, and not if based on fun besides the novelty of a new game. It is, however, the best MMO (see newer FPSes for better graphics) in terms of how hard it makes your computer work to provide memory-leaking, crash-causing, yet pretty, graphics.

    Ever take a look at the AoC boards or strike a conversation with one of the players, 98% of the time you will find WoW comparisons and relations. The community is filled with 89% Im-a-carebear-but-I-think-Im-hardcore players, 10% old-school pvpers and 1% non-complainers. Darkfall's community is small and rather unkind to sheep and carebears, but that is a good thing. Lastly you are the one spreading the mis-information; after only a few hours of playing at a friends computer, you declare the game great and everyone else who leveled to 80, played all the aspects of the game, completely wrong.

    But feel free to waste your money like so many others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Don't try to talk about manhood with me, you'll lose.

  4. #124
    2000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,371

    Default

    Edit: double post -_-
    Last edited by Taroth; 06-14-2008 at 03:22.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Don't try to talk about manhood with me, you'll lose.

  5. #125
    Normal User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clemson, SC
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Are you guys proving stuff to yourself... or other people?

  6. #126
    7000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignignokt View Post
    And the fact is, AoC will have 10x the community of Darkfall when/if Darkfall comes out. So, even if Darkfall is a better game (which, yes, it probably will be), it won't be nearly as fun due to a small and shitty community. Look at you guys, getting pissed at people who like AoC, making up lies, EVEN THOUGH the people that said they enjoy AoC admit they will probably like Darkfall more.
    I don't think you're getting the reason people are pissed of at all. It isn't because we're suggesting that they think AoC will be better than DF, it's simply because people are saying AoC is good. It fucking isn't. It's a fucking horrible piece of shit and it's idiots like you who continue to support developers half-assing their games and still managing to get paid.

    Yes, I've played AoC. They completed one fucking forth of the game before letting the rest of the content go to shit. Anybody who was a fan of the thing before it released should be at the Funcom offices throwing frag grenades at those fucktards right now.

    Even Blizzard at least finished the core of their game before releasing it. And AoC intends to compete with WoW having 1/4th of a complete game? HAH! That's right, you heard me, even WoW > AoC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mippoose View Post
    My kid pasted stuffed animal fur all over himself and ate the next door neighbors dog.

    I think Mahirim should be cut from the release version of Darkfall.

  7. #127
    5000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Theater near you
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonyak View Post
    ok so which games have not been rushed lately?

    I have not played a game in the last few years that has not been rushed out, buggy and unfinished.
    so you defend mediocrity too, along with being a fanboi of aoc, thats....... neat. Do you also moo alot when you hear the feed lot truck a comen?

    ~Respect is earned not bestowed~
    Generals of War Leader
    http://generalsofwar.net/forums/

  8. #128
    1000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    AoC is a crap game, but not because of bugs or unbalance or anything of that nature. AoC is a crap game because it uses the same crap elements that crap games use.

    Level based, Class based and Instanced.

    Those three things should never have the acronym "MMO" attached to it. They are GUI programs that designed for one purpose, making money. The whole design is centered around one thing, addiction.

    I played the game for 2 days, it was like a bad dream. I suddenly realized that I was playing WoW with a "1,2,3" combat system, terrible questing and game content (I'm sorry, didn't we decide a long time ago that killing 20 rats, picking up 15 rat tails and talking to Cindy was a bad way to implement 'quests?'"

    Now, I have a guild full of friends playing it and I'm not going to pre-judge them for it because like those defending it here they are simply people who need to be subscribed to some game to feel important. When somebody is spending 4-10 hours a day playing an MMO, it essentially becomes the driving force of their life. Each day they wake up and go to sleep weighing what they've done in their "mmo life." I know, I was there once. If you don't think you're one of these people ask yourself this question. For no good reason other then to stay at home and play online, have you ditched your RL friends and lied as to why you are not going out?

    Bugs, lag, and release gitters don't make a game bad. Every MMO by nature will have these issues. A game is either good or bad, unique or unoriginal, fun or boring.

    AoC the latter on all accounts. I would rather re-activate my WoW account or playing boring EVE before I forced myself to become addicted to AoC.

    If you can't see this, then you're simply not mature enough to admit that is all AoC is. The ultimate test? Darkfall releases and you drop it like yesterdays undies. If you say you won't do it you're lying, period.

    Playing it because there is nothing else to play? That is an opinion and the "zomg there are boobies and fatalities" argument can only sort-of work for so long. Eventually you will have to come to terms with the fact that you're addicted to a pile of crap.

    As far as the "you can't handle AoC" argument... seriously? If you mean I can't handle boring game play, constant grinding and pointless path'ed running around... then yes, I can't handle AoC or at least better off without it. Not to mention I can't for the life of me understand instanced MMO's... I get the whole game play advantage (maybe less lag, or less overpopulation, but what's the point of playing an MMO with 'thousands of people' when you're not really playing with them?)

    Yes, AoC is the newest game and with that comes a lot of hype and interest... Darkfall will literally suffocate it's servers on release day, I'd bet the farm.
    "Be quick to listen, and slow to speak."

  9. #129
    1000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignignokt View Post
    This might be because I'm late on this thread, but half the negative things people are saying about AoC aren't even true. So for people reading these reviews, keep that in mind before you decide for or against buying AoC. I read all sorts of this crap, then went to a friend's house and played some AoC. I would start bringing up things about what you can and can't do in game, and I constantly got the response, "um no, watch this." Before experiencing the game, I was positive I didn't want it, based on the reviews, but now I actually want it after seeing how the game ACTUALLY is.

    It's a different kind of mmo than darkfall, in that it exists, it doesn't have full loot, it has levels, and it has instances. It is a different style, that isn't better or worse, just preferable to some, hated by others. However, if you are going to put down a game, don't make up shit like "the entire world is instanced" or "you don't actually get a free month." The amount of lies I've read here are laughable, especially about the invisible walls. Seriously, your navigation skills must be garbage.

    One true disadvantage to AoC is the system requirements. Do not buy this game unless you have an 8800 or better. My friend has an 8800 gts, and he runs the game perfectly fine on max settings, but performance decreases drastically on even slightly worse cards. I will say I never experienced any lag or choppiness or even glitches of any kind the entire time I played.

    Bash a game that sucks, go ahead. But if you think it sucks, you would probably better off mentioning things that you think suck, and not coming up with imaginary issues in AoC. What is the point?

    Oh, and despite how much it hurts everyone around here, know that Age of Conan is the absolute best mmorpg out in the market at the moment. Sure, that doesn't say much, but if there isn't a superior alternative, you can only criticize so much.

    And the fact is, AoC will have 10x the community of Darkfall when/if Darkfall comes out. So, even if Darkfall is a better game (which, yes, it probably will be), it won't be nearly as fun due to a small and shitty community. Look at you guys, getting pissed at people who like AoC, making up lies, EVEN THOUGH the people that said they enjoy AoC admit they will probably like Darkfall more.
    Lol fuck you guy re the free month, thats not made up.

    It states very clearly in the ultra small print the free month starts on the release date for that country, not for when you activate your account - something you are led to believe by the FREE 30 DAY TRIAL sticker.

    Invisible walls - your clearly missing the point. First thing I thought, and has been backed up by a lot of people, a lot of the areas box you in. You dont actually travel anywhere, you teleport via doors. Wow was pretty bad for boxy zoning, but you had freedom to move throughout. If you say there are no invisible walls in AoC, your a fucking liar.

  10. #130
    5000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,071

    Default

    Why does jonyak claim that he is a mature 30 year old when on his forums account it says he is 28?

    ur credibility is bunked, dude!

    Oh and I played AoC and it sucks, read my review here in OT.
    Last edited by Ammon777; 06-14-2008 at 06:59.

  11. #131
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Thanks to Taroth, Xzi, and chimp for proving my point! Lying is what you people having resorted to. I needed an hour of play time on AoC to refute 90% of the myths told about AoC. Those must be some pretty blatant lies to only need an hour.

    New lies: AoC was released with 1/4 of the game complete. Wow, a fourth? It's a wonder the game even has functional moves!

    after only a few hours of playing at a friends computer, you declare the game great and everyone else who leveled to 80, played all the aspects of the game, completely wrong.
    Another! All of a sudden, all these people who admitted to never playing the game at all instantly created level 80's and traveled through time to experience the whole game. Where did you get this "everyone else who leveled to 80" bullshit? Have you been reading the thread?

    It would be REALLY easy to shut me up if you would point out the TRUE faults in the game instead of lying. Seriously. They are there. I know cause I've played it. But very few of them have come up for discussion.
    "Wait a minute... I've got an idea so smart, my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."

    Quote Originally Posted by Fylraen
    It's not that dogs are raping children any more than they used to

  12. #132
    2000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignignokt View Post
    Thanks to Taroth, Xzi, and chimp for proving my point! Lying is what you people having resorted to. I needed an hour of play time on AoC to refute 90% of the myths told about AoC. Those must be some pretty blatant lies to only need an hour.

    New lies: AoC was released with 1/4 of the game complete. Wow, a fourth? It's a wonder the game even has functional moves!



    Another! All of a sudden, all these people who admitted to never playing the game at all instantly created level 80's and traveled through time to experience the whole game. Where did you get this "everyone else who leveled to 80" bullshit? Have you been reading the thread?

    It would be REALLY easy to shut me up if you would point out the TRUE faults in the game instead of lying. Seriously. They are there. I know cause I've played it. But very few of them have come up for discussion.
    To clarify: You say the game is fun, bug-free, balanced, requires skill, is well optimized, and filled with promised content? Regardless, you have yet to even claim YOU have a 80 or even own the game. Its easy to inflate the overall quality of AoC when its two gaming nerds jacking each other off to graphics and virtual tits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Don't try to talk about manhood with me, you'll lose.

  13. #133
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    severity3: When can we take part in sieges, realistically?

    Ah, but that's such a boring answer. In short: soon. There is nothing preventing a siege taking place now, it's just that no one has built a tier 3 city yet. Once that happens you will start seeing battlekeeps pop up, and that means sieging will start soon after.

    severity3: Well played orion. You ignored the fact that you can't realistically build a t3 city. I don't blame you though, and I'm not mad.

    That is correct, there is a bug that prevents you from building a tier three city right now. However, I just talked to the designer working on this and the fix for this should be in the next patch or the one after that.
    Fuck, their devs really seem like asshole...
    "Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, but when I put a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life!"


  14. #134
    2000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    Fuck, their devs really seem like asshole...
    I like your sig.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Don't try to talk about manhood with me, you'll lose.

  15. #135
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taroth View Post
    I like your sig.
    Thanks.
    I found the video in yours amusing
    "Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, but when I put a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life!"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •