Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast
    Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+

Default Before the Big Bang

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7440217.stm

I've always had problems w/ scientists not even wanting to speculate on what was before the big bang. I don't know if this will pan out, nor do I really care. But its about time someone started to theorize on what was before.

3000+

There's already been a few lines written about it, but ultimately it's rather difficult to think about what happened before it all started.

Assassin. Retarded. Ridiculous. Rogue. Genius. Lose. Learn how to spell them.

Normal User

Incoming Christian Zerg
    Only the mediocre are always at their best.
    _
    _
    _

_

Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcreep View Post
    There's already been a few lines written about it, but ultimately it's rather difficult to think about what happened before it all started.
    LOL, The bible...

I'm talking science here.

I think its difficult to accept any theory on what has happened since, and why without a solid theory of what was there before.
    Last edited by Jangang; 06-12-2008 at 01:01.

Normal User

I don't really want scientists to waste time making speculations about something that presupposes a theory that's already pretty debatable. That would be like trying to figure out if bigfoot likes peaches or nectarines more. We don't even know if he exists to begin with, why would we bother trying to figure out the details?

Of course, maybe there is a lot more evidence for the big bang than I'm aware of. I've always gotten the impression that the beginning of the universe was still pretty speculative though.
    I make music at www.joshmcneill.com.
    I make hip hop music at www.penanonymous.com.
    I offend people at www.chipmonkownsyou.com.

Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Traep View Post
    I don't really want scientists to waste time making speculations about something that presupposes a theory that's already pretty debatable. That would be like trying to figure out if bigfoot likes peaches or nectarines more. We don't even know if he exists to begin with, why would we bother trying to figure out the details?

Of course, maybe there is a lot more evidence for the big bang than I'm aware of. I've always gotten the impression that the beginning of the universe was still pretty speculative though.
    It is not lol.

How can you understand what is, without understanding what was?

Short answer? You can't.

Republic of Chaldor Clan Leader

No, it very much isn't.

Join the Republic of Chaldor! Click on the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    I wish I could say I was <3 years old. The age of love and happiness.

Banned

But Earth is only 6,000 years old and The Flintstones is a documentary! You damn infidels! Shame on you!

big bang is just a theory right? if it has been proved gief link.

3000+

I think all this theory about quantum and theoretical physics is eventually going to come down to the fact that the way things are is because that's just the way it is.

I think Zen or something has a word on this, accepting reality at it's face value.

JormaKerma Über Alles

2000+

:search:

You may have won this round, Shads, but I'll have my revenge!
    -Surly

Select Few Guild Leader

The Big Bang is an observable fact fellas, by the fact that the universe is expanding. In other words, galaxies are moving away from each other which shows the universe started at a central point.

That is, of course, the VERY condensed version of it.
    Self conquest is the greatest of all victories. - Plato
    SF, we bring the fucking pain.
    Ron Jeremy speaks out about SF:
    http://www.wyrmlair.com/images/doycepic.jpg
    SF Website: www.TheSelectFew.org
    The real skinny on DF clans: Murdering One Another

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Spades Felligan View Post
    I think all this theory about quantum and theoretical physics is eventually going to come down to the fact that the way things are is because that's just the way it is.

I think Zen or something has a word on this, accepting reality at it's face value.
    That sounds like a christian quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    And Brannoc is Surly, and Surly is Tasos, and we're all Red Morgan, yes we know.
    Steam Forumfall Group

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill_KIll View Post
    The Big Bang is an observable fact fellas, by the fact that the universe is expanding. In other words, galaxies are moving away from each other which shows the universe started at a central point.

Could be a big stretch too though, although you are right in that more evidence suggests a bang.

"Everytime you PK a newb, a breakdancer shitkicks a baby."-Goty

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill_KIll View Post

yes but is it proven? or just a theory