2000+

Default Router and Wireless card: Backwards compatible?

Okay, so my brother wants a laptop so he can fingerquote play games endfingerquote with me, so, I was just mildly stumped on the mild portion of whether a Wireless G net card can connect to a Wireless B Router.

I hate my router.
    It's about as fast as the turtles on those comcast commercials.

Anyways- Wireless G card backwards compatible with Wireless B router?

kthxhbai.

Oh, I know a laptop for gaming is like shooting yourself in the foot and claiming a hippy did it. Not my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    And Brannoc is Surly, and Surly is Tasos, and we're all Red Morgan, yes we know.
    Steam Forumfall Group

Normal User

1) Most, if not all, wireless g cards are compatible with b, but obviously the speed is limited to wireless b speeds.

2) Gaming laptops can work. If you happen to have a lot of money and a really good reason not to get a desktop.

NB: When I say most I mean I know of none that are not compatible, but I suppose it is possible.

2000+

Thanks.
    He doesn't have a lot of money, and the only reason not to have a desktop is because he likes to walk around the house with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    And Brannoc is Surly, and Surly is Tasos, and we're all Red Morgan, yes we know.
    Steam Forumfall Group

Quote Originally Posted by Senti View Post
    Thanks.
    He doesn't have a lot of money, and the only reason not to have a desktop is because he likes to walk around the house with it.
    sit him the fuck down
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

12,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Spinewire View Post
    sit him the fuck down
    Yup i agree.

He's acting like a spoiled brat if he needs a laptop just to walk the fuck around.

On top of that, wireless connections are fucking pathetic anyway. Always try to use cable if possible.
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

<@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther TheBlack View Post
    Yup i agree.

He's acting like a spoiled brat if he needs a laptop just to walk the fuck around.

On top of that, wireless connections are fucking pathetic anyway. Always try to use cable if possible.
    Not all of us can, unfortunatly. I'd have to run cables about 8 meters along, and up to the next floor which is impractical.