Page 1 of 14 1211 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Default Barack Obama Backs Jerusalem as Israel's Undivided Capital

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...BF07AC0311.htm

do you think this will work to solving the arab-israeli conflict or diffuse any tensions?

will it help bring about a peace deal which already appears to be a pipedream according to many analysts?

will it affect your support/disregard for obama as a candidate?

do you believe should be denied to palestinians as a future capital?

is it consistent with his message for change?

discuss

i think this could have a very negative effect on the peace process, because Obama, as a figure who is seen as bush's polar opposite among optimistic arabs looking for change, will now be seen as falling in line with the traditional washington bias towards israelis.

since so many palestinians desperately want jerusalem as the capital of a future palestinian state, his position on the matter will make any peace negotiations hes involved with much more fractuous and challenging, galvanising eace side against eachother.

I was planning on voting for obama but unless he advocates a large humanitarian package for the palestians or offers concrete steps towards a reversion to 1967 borders he will have lost my vote. i was hoping that he would step away from the traiditional pro-zionist attitude of the us but clearly not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    I hear Israel has WMDs.
    Someone please tell the chimp in the White House.
    crafting is in.

25,000+ Long term follower

Oh noes, a bunch of angry people with rocks in their pockets will be upset.
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure."
    --Robert LeFevre

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Die in a fire of poor people.
    TRSA

1000+ Long term follower

if you are looking for obama, you might find him deep deep inside olmerts ass
    -Reece
    [La Revolution]

Normal User

I was planning on voting for obama but unless he advocates a large humanitarian package for the palestians or offers concrete steps towards a reversion to 1967 borders he will have lost my vote. i was hoping that he would step away from the traiditional pro-zionist attitude of the us but clearly not.
    I am fine with supporting Jewish state. I am also fine with turning Iran into one big sheet of glass (im jokeing dont flame me). Haveing said that the palestians need food and some sort of aid. What we need to do is go over there and take it all over and let Richard Dawkins run the whole shooting match . I will vote for him in November no matter what his stance is on the Jew's.
    Last edited by Ches; 06-05-2008 at 21:39.
    Nerf Rock, Paper is fine, signed Scissors

8000+

Jerusalem is a city whose history has been well-drenched in blood. Whoever wins it by arms owns it until somebody else comes along and wins it with better arms. So it has been since the dawn of recorded history.

Hating on Israel just because they happen to be more militarily capable than their neighbours - who only stopped trying to kill them in the 70s - is an incredibly laughable, backwards-thinking, and frankly unreasonable state of affairs. Hate on the constant subsidies pumped their way, sure, but Israel itself has bloody well earned its territory as much as any nation possibly can.

[22:44] <Claus|Dev> teth, its enough to know I am in your thoughts

[22:44] <Claus|Dev> kiss!

Republic of Chaldor Clan Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Matriel View Post
    Oh noes, a bunch of angry people with rocks in their pockets will be upset.
    Oh, a bunch of people in your land, I bet you wouldn't care.

Join the Republic of Chaldor! Click on the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    I wish I could say I was <3 years old. The age of love and happiness.

25,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Yobaj View Post
    Oh, a bunch of people in your land, I bet you wouldn't care.
    They gave most of it up in '49 then whined to get it back after they didn't fight for it. Boo hoo.
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure."
    --Robert LeFevre

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Die in a fire of poor people.
    TRSA

Republic of Chaldor Clan Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Teth View Post
    Jerusalem is a city whose history has been well-drenched in blood. Whoever wins it by arms owns it until somebody else comes along and wins it with better arms. So it has been since the dawn of recorded history.

Hating on Israel just because they happen to be more militarily capable than their neighbours - who only stopped trying to kill them in the 70s - is an incredibly laughable, backwards-thinking, and frankly unreasonable state of affairs. Hate on the constant subsidies pumped their way, sure, but Israel itself has bloody well earned its territory as much as any nation possibly can.
    The problem is now that Israelis are building settlements on what FN promised would be Palestinian property. 400 000 Israeli settlers in Palestinia... sounds like they have fair intentions... Also, if you're protecting YOURSELF why are you building walls ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BORDER!?

(with you I don't mean you as in Teth, think you get it)

Join the Republic of Chaldor! Click on the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    I wish I could say I was <3 years old. The age of love and happiness.

My uncle works for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2559/zebrahitlerie8.gif
    "Do not kick poor Spike, for he is old and weak and cannot harm you."
    Killer 86%/Explorer 73%/Achiever 20%/Socializer 20%
    Previously playing Shadowbane with The Crimson Brotherhood

Normal User

ask him why the israelis think it necessary to use sonicbooms in residential neighbourhoods, they make people deaf and drive children insane.
    I hear Israel has WMDs.
    Someone please tell the chimp in the White House.
    crafting is in.

1000+ Long term follower

Helicopter mg fire on rooftops isnt that funny, either. Neither is bombarding the beach from a battleship, tell him that^^

/edit
    i just realised that our last israel/palestina discussion happened a long time ago. I think the last time when anybody cared was when that incidence occured where they captured an israeli soldier to force israel to release the imprisoned women and children.
    Well...nothing has changed since than; things have become even worse. But who cares...only some people with rocks, right?
    Last edited by reece; 06-05-2008 at 21:59.
    -Reece
    [La Revolution]

Infernal Covenant Clan Leader
    2000+
    Long term follower

I've always maintained that the US government is secretly controlled by Zionists.
    Well, not THAT secretly since obviously I know about it.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4492&dateli  ne=1205268451

Never group up with a retarded Dwarf; it's not big and it's not clever.

Quote Originally Posted by diddums View Post
    will it affect your support/disregard for obama as a candidate?
    I dont give a shit whats happens to Isreal or the Palestinians, their both big boys and can work out their own problems, much better in fact without the US sticking its nose where it doesnt belong. An no it doesnt effect my view of Obama, their are many, many other things that do that just fine.

is it consistent with his message for change?
    CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

unless he advocates a large humanitarian package for the palestians

Not with my money, you can start a lemonade stand though.
    "Every government agency at every level is merely an administrative unit of the monolithic, fiat currency-fueled, Warfare/Welfare/Homeland Security Leviathan that must collapse – and the sooner, the better – if civilization is to recover." - William Norman Grigg

I've always maintained that the US government is secretly controlled by Zionists.
    Well, not THAT secretly since obviously I know about it.
    AIPAC much?

Its funny both Obama and McCain sopke at an AIPAC rally the other day, both beating the drums of war agianst Iran. I mean we all know McCain, but Obama just cant make up his mind... talk with Iran?, bomb Iran? talk with Iran, Bomb Iran?

Wonder how he even manages to pick a tie to wear everyday.
    "Every government agency at every level is merely an administrative unit of the monolithic, fiat currency-fueled, Warfare/Welfare/Homeland Security Leviathan that must collapse – and the sooner, the better – if civilization is to recover." - William Norman Grigg

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by lafayette View Post
    AIPAC much?

Its funny both Obama and McCain sopke at an AIPAC rally the other day, both beating the drums of war agianst Iran. I mean we all know McCain, but Obama just cant make up his mind... talk with Iran?, bomb Iran? talk with Iran, Bomb Iran?

Wonder how he even manages to pick a tie to wear everyday.
    I admit I only half attentively listened to his speech at AIPAC but I didn't catch anything that even implied that he wants to bomb Iran. Where did you get this from?

As for this being the game breaker as far as voting for Obama, that's just an odd statement to me. Our relationship with Israel doesn't seem so integral to our prosperity that it should be what determines one's vote for Obama. I can admit I'm not versed in the finer points of that conflict though so maybe it is actually more important than it seems at face value.
    I make music at www.joshmcneill.com.
    I make hip hop music at www.penanonymous.com.
    I offend people at www.chipmonkownsyou.com.