Normal User

Default Good game to kill your time while you wait...

Before my PC and internet connection gave up on me I used to play Savage: The Battle for Newerth.

It's a mixture of FPS and RTS, where 1 player of each team takes command of his team and developes a base, tech lines and forward expansions for his team while the team harvests resources and lays destruction upon the other team.

Good thing is: Savage is completely free to download. I know it doesn't look the way you want it to look, but trust me, this is an epic game. Every gameround is different and the 2 factions which are the Legion of Men (humans) and Beast Horde play very very distinctively.

It is a game of high skill in which you have to train both melee (very different playstyles for each faction: Humans depend on blocking and beast on leaping, but the system rocks) and aim with weaponry. Items such as landmines and sensors and all kinds of other stuff are also available.

Just try it: www.newerth.com <--- Downloads

Newerth is the main community site also arranging tournaments and currently working on a project called XR to improve graphics and all kinds of stuff on the game.

Savage 2 is also out but almost no one from the Savage 1 community has switched over to Savage 2, remaining loyal to Savage 1, so don't bother buying Savage 2.

Try it, and if you need any help I can help you out I'm in the 2nd best EU clan and I was their main commander untill I went inactive. Just PM me here on the forums.

If you don't like it, your bad.

double
    Last edited by Tharkon Fargor; 06-04-2008 at 22:22.
    ~~~[][][][][][][][][]~~~[][][][][][][]~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][][][][]~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~~

Safety first, and all that, but when you start putting rubber baby buggy bumpers on an intense sandbox MMORPG like Darkfall you're really committing quite a heinous degree of heresy.
    -Paro

Never played savage but I heard it was like the best Diablo Style game ever made. Might be good to check out.
    ~~~[][][][][][][][][]~~~[][][][][][][]~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][][][][]~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~~

Safety first, and all that, but when you start putting rubber baby buggy bumpers on an intense sandbox MMORPG like Darkfall you're really committing quite a heinous degree of heresy.
    -Paro

3000+

thx for the tip downloading it right now lol

oh is it an online rpg? from your post it sounded more like a singleplayer rpg

Banned

thanks I'm downloading it

7000+

It's hard to get into when you're a newb, and most servers are pretty empty too. This was a year ago

3000+

I heard savage was fantastic. I'll try it when my free time on aoc runs out maybe.

I'm just starting to play this game, myself.

For those just downloading and installing the game...Make sure to install it with
    SFE.

And if it doesn't work after you install it, make sure to get the latest driver for your video card. The game is particularly finicky about you having the right driver. I myself couldn't get the game to run until I updated my driver, then it worked.

See yall in game, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

2000+

They just came out with a new one recently

Quote Originally Posted by charli_p View Post
    This is my first foray into the Darkfall community and I'm heartened by the sense and maturity of the forums.

Normal User

This is an FPS game, not RPG. Savage 2 holds more RPG features but that's why it sux more.

If you want me to teach you the basics of this game just add me on msn:

hittepit @hotmail.com

Also I'm one of the best EU commanders (or used to be, 2 months inactive :P) so if you wanna focus on that, just add me.

Will be pleased to help and Savage could use a few more players, although mostly 2 64 slot servers are filled at peak hours.

So if you want to know how you could not get slaughtered in 2 seconds by a good player, add me on msn. Seriously, this is a skill based game which a mentor could be really usefull.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Staatsschutz View Post
    thx for the tip downloading it right now lol

oh is it an online rpg? from your post it sounded more like a singleplayer rpg
    It's an online FPS :P Sorry, but very tactical game with a lot of teamplay and a lot of roles for you to fullfill. Either go stomp other players, camp and defend base with a gun, help your commander by building stuff and mining resources, spawn with a siege weapon to kill buildings (and players too, which most people hate :P).

Check www.newerth.com for good guides and check out their wiki. A lot of our community have been working on this game for a long time.

i am bored so i will give it a bash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

Banned

Why would you want to kill time? That would be bad.

Normal User

It would be good !