Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+

Default Medical Insurance

So I have insurance, supposed to be pretty good.

Its part of the benefits package at my job of 7 years. (A College)

So after 7 years of not using it once I go in and have some blood tests done... Just to be safe and all that.

Fuck'n insurance says I have to pay $149 bucks, but I already paid my 20 co pay which is all I think I'm obligated for.

So if insurance ain't gonna pay for shit, why should I keep it? I've half a mind to go to HR tomorrow and be like "Bitches, cancel this shit!"

6000+ Long term follower

Yah, prepaid medical coverage is basically a rip. Doesn't cover half the stuff anyway so it's really only useful for when you really need insurance rather than just something small and basic in which case you'll either not do it or just pay to avoid dealing with the hassle anyway.

Given you generally aren't given a choice of taking home an extra $400/month (or more if you're covering a family) which is about what the prepaid medical coverage costs. If you do have that option I'd take it and open a HSA or just get indemnity insurance with a high deductible. An added benefit is at least with my policy I can see whomever I want rather than a short list of "preferred" providers who are all hopelessly over booked. I don't need to do the stupid referral process either.
    Last edited by Malhavok; 06-04-2008 at 03:20.

12,000+

hmmm well so far i have never had any issues like that with pre-paid shit.

Then again i go with my companies best plan cause i dont wnat to have to worry bout that shit if it ever comes up

Quote Originally Posted by Protonix
    I won't just be looking. I'm clearly planning to fap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    I really don't care about jews or the sand people. I think they should just have an epic battle on dantooine to settle this all.

Vinco Vici Victum Clan Leader

Quote Originally Posted by losinglife View Post
    hmmm well so far i have never had any issues like that with pre-paid shit.

Then again i go with my companies best plan cause i dont wnat to have to worry bout that shit if it ever comes up
    You'd need insurance, with a name like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    Its a fucking good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance
    Ah, whats the level cap?

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Malhavok View Post
    Given you generally aren't given a choice of taking home an extra $400/month (or more if you're covering a family) which is about what the prepaid medical coverage costs. If you do have that option I'd take it and open a HSA or just get indemnity insurance with a high deductible.
    Wow. Someone with a good idea.

HSA's are great. No one was gonna read what I originally posted.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Jangang View Post
    Fuck'n insurance says I have to pay $149 bucks, but I already paid my 20 co pay which is all I think I'm obligated for.
    Its called "max out of pocket". Mine is a $1000 a year for major injury/illness and $100 for preventive care. I would have only had to pay 80 on that over my $20 co-pay, but that is just the PPO I'm on, some do go higher.
    What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

-Conan

Disclaimer: This post is not a bomb.

Normal User

join the military (go AF) tricare is the best insurance in teh world, close second goes to bluecross/blueshield...

i never pay for dr. visits... no copay, i only pay 9dollars for brandname and 3 for offbrand

Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+

I have Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah

$7 Generic Scrips (Though its always been just $4 when i've used that part (dentists scrips)
    $30 Brand Scrips

Emergency Room - $150
    Office Visit - $20
    Deductible - $0
    In Patient - $175
    Out Patient - $0

So I'm not really sure why I'm responsible for any of it? My deductible is 0 dollars. I need to call them and bitch at someone I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangang View Post
    So I have insurance, supposed to be pretty good.

Its part of the benefits package at my job of 7 years. (A College)

So after 7 years of not using it once I go in and have some blood tests done... Just to be safe and all that.

So if insurance ain't gonna pay for shit, why should I keep it? I've half a mind to go to HR tomorrow and be like "Bitches, cancel this shit!"
    LOL. You know those little blood tests frun from 4-600 dollars depending on the what they are testing.

So you probably pay a yearly deductible of 250-300 dollars..

so guess what.. next year when you go.. you'll have to pay it again. Insurance is fucked.. just imagine of the government ran it and was charging the taxpayers.. it would be ten times worse ..

1000+

I guess it depends on your situation. I pay 40 bucks a month for my health insurance. I pay a maximum of 30 bucks for the prescription I take. I have to have this refilled every 3 months. My medication without coverage costs 500 dollars. So ultimately I still save 350 dollars on my meds, which is pretty damn good. So insurance can be pretty useful.

Teth on Clan Warfare –
    “Your head war planner should always be a huge griefer who gets off on making other people cry IRL.”

4000+

No medical insurance, and I plan to hold out as long as I can (which is probably a very bad idea). It is so bloody expensive, and the amount I spend on medical bills (which is so far zilch), I am saving a truckload of money over time. Luckily my family has perfect medical backgrounds on both sides, so hopefully I can keep up this trend of not needing medical attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by killerchicken
    Yeah my original plan was to insult your name but then that would be like insulting boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by biggunsar
    ultimo. That guy is a professional fucking troll.

I won't buy darkfall, just because of that.

Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+

Talkin w/ the ins company they did some genetic test I never asked for or approved of, which wasn't covered, hence the bill. Now I just need to call the doctor back and bitch him out and that should go away.

Normal User

I take over $2000 a month worth of medicine. After insurance it is $70. I have also had over a million dollars in medical costs over the last 2 years, of which I have had to pay very little of. Let me tell you, when the shit hits the fan, it is nice to have medical insurance. What I think is total crap is the insurance that puts a cap on how much money they will cover you for over your life time. Isn't that what we have insurance for? For when things REALLY go bad. Nobody is paying several hundred dollars a month so that routine check ups are paid for.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
    No medical insurance, and I plan to hold out as long as I can (which is probably a very bad idea). It is so bloody expensive, and the amount I spend on medical bills (which is so far zilch), I am saving a truckload of money over time. Luckily my family has perfect medical backgrounds on both sides, so hopefully I can keep up this trend of not needing medical attention.
    I doubt what you saved will be enough for something stupid like a broken bone which as far as im aware could cost 1000s to sort.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by killerchicken View Post
    I doubt what you saved will be enough for something stupid like a broken bone which as far as im aware could cost 1000s to sort.
    Nah its not too bad, I already snapped my ankle in three places a few years back jumping from building to building trying to show off as a juvenile. My mother looked at me, called me an idiot, and made me pay for it.

It was funny though, I don't know why people complain about broken bones, I literally hobbled up to my friends with a smile and said "Guys, I think I broke my ankle"...for some reason no one believed me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killerchicken
    Yeah my original plan was to insult your name but then that would be like insulting boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by biggunsar
    ultimo. That guy is a professional fucking troll.

I won't buy darkfall, just because of that.