Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast
    1000+ Long term follower

Default 11 year-old dies from treatable diabetes

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/16996006.html
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,4240400.story

Evidently her parents thought god would heal her.

Well, he didnt.

WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say a frantic 911 call to the Marathon County Sheriff's Department from the home of an 11-year-old Weston girl who died from untreated diabetes was made by friends of the girl's parents.

Captain Scott Sleeter of the Everest Metro Police Department says Randall and Althea Wormgoor each spoke to a dispatcher Sunday as chaos and cries could be heard in the background at the Dale and Leilani Neumann home in rural Weston.

Madeline Neumann died that day from an undiagnosed and treatable form of diabetes. Her parents prayed for her to get better. Her mother, Leilani Neumann, says she never expected her daughter to die.

Mrs. Neumann says the family believes in the Bible, and it says healing comes from God.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Original story:

Police say an 11-year-old Weston girl died from not being treated for her diabetes and investigators say her parents decided not to seek medical attention but, instead, prayed over her.

Madeline Neumann died Sunday. Police say an autopsy determined the girl died from a diabetic ailment that left too little insulin in her body. She had probably been ill for about 30 days.

Investigators say the girl's parents attributed the death to the fact they apparently didn't have enough faith.
    Last edited by Delwyn; 03-28-2008 at 17:23.
    I won the sexecutive thread

Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color. - Don Hirschberg

2000+

The real question is, who will be sued?

2000+ Long term follower

Not enough faith, indeed. Maybe if they had stopped the friends from dialing 911 she would have miraculously woken up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Knight View Post
    That's why the USA wins.... we all play monopoly as kids. So we are used to the concept of fake money.

1000+

only question is, how long do you throw the parents in lockup for

Banned

Someone tell me where in the bible it says that you should refuse medical treatment...fucking idiots.

1000+

Death attributed to retarded delusional parents more like it. No one should ever be excused for allowing their child to die by refusing medical treatment on basis of religion. This is not a freedom of religion issue, they fucking murdered their daughter and I hope they both get locked up.

3000+

Reminds me of a joke I heard once:

A guy lives in a house, and there is a flood coming. The sheriff comes by and tells him it's time to evacuate, get in the Jeep and be rescued. The man said "no thanks God will save me."
    The waters start to rise, and his bottom floor is flooded, he's sitting on his porch roof and a boat comes along with an emergency crew. They yell "come get in the boat and be rescued!" But he says, "no thanks God will save me."
    The waters continue to rise, and he is now perched atop the very peak of his roof. A helicopter comes by and with a bullhorn a crewman yells down, "Grab the line, we'll pull you up and rescue you!" But the man refuses, again saying that God will rescue him.

So he drowns.

He gets to heaven and says "God I thought you would rescue me, what up?!?" And God says, "Well I sent a Jeep, a Boat, and a Helicopter."
    Defeater of Kebek

Quote Originally Posted by Teutates View Post
    Basically Israel aka jews make up for most of your [American] economy.
    Lethn: I love Anime so fucking hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    Death attributed to retarded delusional parents more like it. No one should ever be excused for allowing their child to die by refusing medical treatment on basis of religion. This is not a freedom of religion issue, they fucking murdered their daughter and I hope they both get locked up.
    If it was for any other reason they would already be in jail, but they have faith in God, you can't lock up innocent sheep like that!

Yummy.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberias View Post

A guy lives in a house, and there is a flood coming. The sheriff comes by and tells him it's time to evacuate, get in the Jeep and be rescued. The man said "no thanks God will save me."
    The waters start to rise, and his bottom floor is flooded, he's sitting on his porch roof and a boat comes along with an emergency crew. They yell "come get in the boat and be rescued!" But he says, "no thanks God will save me."
    The waters continue to rise, and he is now perched atop the very peak of his roof. A helicopter comes by and with a bullhorn a crewman yells down, "Grab the line, we'll pull you up and rescue you!" But the man refuses, again saying that God will rescue him.

So he drowns.

He gets to heaven and says "God I thought you would rescue me, what up?!?" And God says, "Well I sent a Jeep, a Boat, and a Helicopter."
    I loled a little. Great story.
    YOU ARE NOT A COMMUNITY SPOKESPERSON, STFU

AKA SCUM [LoD]

I concur. I actually laughed in real life.

Yummy.

1000+ Long term follower

So he drowns.

That was actually really good.
    I won the sexecutive thread

Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color. - Don Hirschberg

Banned

I've heard that joke many times as well. Good stuff.

2000+

I give props to the parents for fully standing up for what they believe. Its just a shame that a innocent child had to die because they were wrong.

8000+

So he drowns.

Not only funny but true

3000+

Hmmm, I'll have to start telling that joke more often...
    Defeater of Kebek

Quote Originally Posted by Teutates View Post
    Basically Israel aka jews make up for most of your [American] economy.
    Lethn: I love Anime so fucking hard!