First, an explanation about the postponement of the patch: Yesterday during final testing we experienced a crash that we couldn't reproduce quickly enough and decided we had to get to the bottom of it before applying the patch to the live game. We apologize for the delay. These are unfortunately routine occurrences in game development, especially when we test to the last minute trying to minimize the possibility of something going wrong in the live game.
September 17th Patch: Other than the major addition of a new School to the game, specifically the Skirmisher Role's new Duelist School, we have also included important performance fixes, a new treasure mapping system, we've made various gameplay changes and fixes to the game (from player feedback), fixes and improvements to the conquest system in response to various issues reported by players, as well as small improvements and fixes to the game world.
Fixed several issues (including “freeze lag”) related to performance drops during sieges.
New Skirmisher School: Duelist
A piercing attack vs. your opponents causing them bleeding wounds. They will also suffer a penalty to their casting time for a short while.
No armor or defense can withstand the speed of your assault. This attack penalizes your enemies melee protections as well as their melee attack speed.
The tangible force of your weapon as an extension of your battle prowess lunges forward to pierce your opponent.
A swift blow to the skull with the blunt side of your weapon will momentarily blind and slow your opponent.
Instantly reset all Skirmisher cooldowns, replenish a fair amount of mana, raise your critical strike chance, and gain melee protection.
New "treasure mapping" system
The system for generating treasure map locations has been revamped. The changes include:
- Treasure map locations will spawn in a danger zone according to their size. An example: you will only be able to dig large maps in Danger Level V zones.
- A fix has been implemented to prevent the treasure maps to spawn in unreachable locations.
- Added Infliction(Bleeding) protection to Primalist’s skill Bastion
- The feat tray window will now be in the expanded state right after the tutorial ends and the user enters the starting city.
- Double clicking items contained inside a container in a player grave will now move them to your inventory
- Double clicking items from the Fishing Trawler's "Fish Barrel" will now move them to your inventory
- Double clicking items from the Sea Scraper’s “Drudgery Crate" will now move them to your inventory
- The tooltip text of a skill will now show the stamina/mana cost of the skill.
- Fixed a bug where Law Primalists were not able to drag their ultimate skill in the Radial Wheel to use it.
- Fixed a bug where quitting in the training area after the first login could reset the quickslot configuration and block players from finishing the tutorial .
- Fixed a bug where in some cases pressing ESC after checking the accept trade checkbox could make the items vanish.
- Fixed issues with Market column resizing, filter dropdowns and sorting buttons not working correctly in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where Slayer skills didn't consume any mana.
- Player house tenants are now allowed to pay the rent.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases canceling buy orders could make the sell order counter go negative.
- Fixed a bug where renaming a bag and new name was empty the bag remained without name and the previous name was not restored.
- Fixed a bug where closing the backpack by pressing ESC or the close button while renaming a bag would leave the renaming text field on screen.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases, scrolling for skills would not work after resizing the game window.
- Fixed a bug where quickslot selection interrupts current action even if it cannot be performed (potion on cooldown).
- Fixed bugs that would sometimes cause discrepancies in the conquest state after server maintenance
- Join options in the Clan Holding Overview window are no longer shown if a player cannot join the challenge
- Fixed an issue where mercenaries that destroyed attacker siege-stones would not receive their destruction reward
- Fixed an issue where the "Vulnerable" narrator voice was playing (globally) when a fortress became vulnerable
- Fixed an issue with the "Create Mercenary Contract" component being (incorrectly) visible, in the conquest details window, to clans that receive a mercenary contract request, and view the challenge details.
- Fixed an issue with the handling of clan disbanding when there is an active conquest challenge, and the holding becoming free, instead of passing ownership to an attacker
- Fixed an issue where, when a challenge was aborted , attackers would receive back the "cost" of placed siege-stones that had been destroyed before the challenge was aborted
- Fixed an issue where accepted mercenary contracts were not cleared from the issuing clan member's clients, blocking issue of addition contracts for later challenges
- Added notifications (and appropriate on-screen animations) for mercenary clan members involved in active challenges
- Notifications added for:
- Challenge Start (when the contract is accepted and activated)
- Wall Destruction in the challenged holding
- Attacker siege-stone vulnerability start
- Attacker siege-stone destruction reward received
- Holding vulnerability
- Challenge end (for success and failure)
- Added ramps in the exit of the main gate in Flamming Skull so it's harder for a player to fall into lava by mistake.
- Made the Bindstone platform in Firun bigger so that players don't fall into the lava when they spawn.
- Updated the Brownie & Oaklord Spawns in the following areas:
- Sirith Dain
- Wolf Run
- Heart of Eanna