Page 1 of 12 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: Prowess

Default How to: Prowess. A leveling guide by Zealot

This isn't going to be some crazy guide with pretty colors or any shit like that. It's going to be a short guide to what feats I did to get the amount of prowess I have. Before I make the list I would like to say being part of an active and goal driven clan, we boosted one crafter per craft. We had alts gathering, and we had people feeding "regs" through the clan bank to save time. Without that taking a trip from some of the mob spawns to an NPC city to stock up would waste a lot of time. What this means is we have no personal banks at the moment it's a GROUP EFFORT. We also strategically chose an area with a LOT of the early feats in a nice little bunch with a bank and bindstone nearby.

Starting out is pretty rough if you aren't an elementalist, it will take you forever to kill anything otherwise. However I did switch to primalist for some of the feats due to the mobs being weaker to the holy damage.

In a perfect world I shouldn't have to switch roles to kill a mob spawn in the beginning as a skirmisher or warrior, but I adapted. I realize that a lot of this information is already on the forums in various posts , but it seems people still don't understand it.

For maximum efficiency depending on what you're farming you should be in a group of three. What does this do you ask? Farming in a group of three on Fiend and Villian mobs allows them to respawn at a more frequent rate. I suggest a three man team to do feats with, don't just get your mobs and leave. Help your friend finish his feat also.

Now the real guide:

Starting out I needed quick prowess. So using the 3 man group idea listed above I grouped up with clan members and did the following:

180 Swamp hags ( Elementalist Air nukes practically 2 shot these mobs )

180 Ogre Bullys ( Elementalist )

Killing 600 Fiends gives 5430 prowess, this is a "hidden feat" and you can not pull it up in your feats list unless you've completed it. So you will want to do feats that involve killing fiends. I did the following:

180 Grungroc ( I bowed these down as skirmisher )

180 Khamsets ( Went primalist for these virtually zero downtime, didn't hit them hard with archery at this point)

180 Earth Elementals ( At this point my archery was good enough to farm these things and they only hit for 2 damage in full gear(melee), since they're a pain in the ass to hit with arrows I basically back peddled and just bowed them down after hitting them with Exploit Weakness ) It should be noted that this feat gives a lot more prowess than it seems at first glance.

180 Arctic Bears ( Bowed them down after exploit weakness )

Killing 500 Villains gives 9217 prowess, this is a "hidden feat" and you can not pull it up in your feats list unless you've completed it. So you will want to do feats that involve killing villains. I did the following:

( At this point I was playing Skirmisher only as that is what I want to play, I can't speak for Warriors or elementalists from this point on )

180 Hill Giants ( pretty straight forward )

180 Ice Elementals ( again used full armor back peddled, exploit weakness, and bowed it down )

180 Black Knights ( lol good luck these things are annoying as hell )

Edit: It should be noted that a lot of these feats give SKINNING FEATS and also complete more than one feat, Elementals for example complete two different feats and work towards a hidden feat.

Edit2: Should also be noted whenever I switched to a roll that wasn't Skirmisher I had ZERO prowess spent in that role. What this means is you can do this starting out no problem as I have no prowess invested in Elementalist or Primalist and was basically a "new character"

Credits: Zealot clan

Specifially: Hane Kven, Cattboy Rawr, Witch Killer ( Big beta testers that contributed to this list the most )

Troll away...
    Last edited by Erock B; 04-22-2013 at 03:27.
    Erock Qt - Council of the Elders

Banned

Wow dude, thanks for sharing the information. I'm sure a lot of people will find this as useful as I did.

All I find interesting here is your lack of a life.

How do you kill that which has no life?

You're free to go outside now, I'm sure your room is out of oxygen at this point.

1000+

zealot are commies?
    Hunson Abadeer

Normal User Long term follower

This just sounds horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon Farsyde View Post

You're free to go outside now, I'm sure your room is out of oxygen at this point.
    As you can see we were prepared very well. We also feared this might happen, and in preparation set up oxygen rich environments within our rooms. Because obviously you're of no use in Unholy Wars if you're dead IRL, and you definitely can't gain prowess.

You're too nice Erock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah[fataLity] View Post
    Insert QQ/CSB I don't care. But you all are killing the game
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBeatWomen View Post
    Must be nice to kick someone when they are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock B View Post
    As you can see we were prepared very well. We also feared this might happen, and in preparation set up oxygen rich environments within our rooms. Because obviously you're of no use in Unholy Wars if you're dead IRL, and you definitely can't gain prowess.
    Lol, keep on keepin on man.

I just don't see the excitement in 3 shotting people due to your lack of sleep but w/e.

I really wish they made the system more enjoyable, having to kill 180 of a mob to get anywhere...

Just so bland and stupid.

I harvested, tried killing some mobs, and gave up. I don't know, maybe when they fix this system we'll give it a shot. Not really interested in this crap.

Communal banking OP imo
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

This is why there are so few people left who contribute to the community.. posts like this should be moderated.

Lol, keep on keepin on man.

I just don't see the excitement in 3 shotting people due to your lack of sleep but w/e.

I really wish they made the system more enjoyable, having to kill 180 of a mob to get anywhere...

Just so bland and stupid.

I harvested, tried killing some mobs, and gave up. I don't know, maybe when they fix this system we'll give it a shot. Not really interested in this crap.
    I don't like the prowess system either tbh, but you work with what you've got.

The excitement in 3 shotting people is how mad they get honestly... What do you expect if we didn't do it, it would have just been someone else.

The excitement in 3 shotting people is how mad they get honestly... What do you expect if we didn't do it, it would have just been someone else.

I guess but that's a silly reason to justify it haha.

I guess but that's a silly reason to justify it haha.
    So you suggest trying half as hard at leveling so that the other, slower, people stay with us? Wat.
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

Normal User

Nope. Same justification hitler used.
    Last edited by Mule; 04-22-2013 at 03:19.

ign: Nate TheGreat

Normal User

I'll be nice since I'm done prowess grinding as well.

As an elementalist:

180 Grungroc ( use your fire spells on cooldown as well as the Air ray. )

180 Khamsets ( Primalist is great as Erock stated, but it is also possible to do them with fire/air, just spam your spells)

180 Earth Elementals ( As an elementalist, spam your Air abilities, and dont waste mana/time casting fire)

180 Arctic Bears ( Fire Magic is what you need here, pretty obvious, but also use your Air ray )

Killing 500 Villains gives 9217 prowess, this is a "hidden feat" and you can not pull it up in your feats list unless you've completed it. So you will want to do feats that involve killing villains. I did the following:

At this point, staff bolt mastery is pretty required, same with 120 + int. so make sure you have these. The 3.5k prowess for SBM is well worth the 25k+ prowess you get for completing the feats below.

180 Hill Giants ( Use fire spells, Air ultimate, and staff bolt )

180 Ice Elementals ( Use fire spells, and Air ultimate )

180 Black Knights ( Use staff bolts and Air ultimate )
    Last edited by WonderBread; 04-22-2013 at 03:28.