Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Arrow Thoughts on the Delay

Everyone else throwing out their reaction, here is mine.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Paragus1...Wars-The-Delay

Normal User

Good read, but just like you say nobodys denying that they handled it poorly, i also think nobodys ACTUALLY saying releasing it now isn't the best thing for the game.

We all know delaying it a little bit is better for everyone. And having a beta has its ups and downs, but it will definitely make the game itself more polished, at least a little. (maybe at the expense of a level playing field).

But, i don't think anyones arguing that. Nobody using logic is going "OMYGODICANTPLAYAVISSUCHCRAP". People are going "Why in the fuck would you wait until after it becomes launch day to make the delay announcement?

My 2 cents.

Sorry for maybe hijacking the thread.
    Last edited by Aoranar; 12-12-2012 at 20:09.

Good article Paragus.
    Proconsul (Retired)

www.Imperium-uw.com

I agree on most of your points, and also i think that loud minority is bitching too hard and spamming forums with hundreds of same butthurt posts.

Some people act as if Aventurine is in their debt for something. Its a god damn small company making MMO on a field that rest of the big players wont even touch.

Yes they suck at communication sometimes but im sure Tasos havent slept for 4 hours total in last week with rest of the team fixing all last minute issues which consist of buisness agreements, technical issues and game itself.

Give them a fucking break, leave Tasos alone!
    Last edited by Rhasta; 12-12-2012 at 20:06.

Normal User

My main problem with AV is how much they post about how sorry they are that they dont give us enough information. Well, stop saying sorry and make a damn change. Nobody wants to hear that, we just want to know the details. I assume most people knew it was gonna be delayed since there was, and is still not a real site for the game. Get your shit together AV or you are gonna lose your player base again due to your own errors and shitty ethics towards the community. I would like to see a daily announcement till game launch but I know thats asking way too much of them. AV= Kings of shitty launches.

PS MAKE A DAMN UW WEBSITE WORTH VISITING

"I agree on most of your points, and also i think that loud minority is bitching too hard and spamming forums with hundreds of same butthurt posts.

Some people act as if Aventurine is in their debt for something. Its a god damn small company making MMO on a field that rest of the big players wont even touch.

Yes they suck at communication sometimes but im sure Tasos havent slept for 4 hours total in last week with rest of the teamfixing all last minute issues which consist of buisness agreements, technical issues and game itself.

Give them a fucking break, leave Tasos alone"

Had to respond to this. I dont kno if you ever played DF1 if you think they have ever had GOOD communication. Tasos gets all the harping because they fail to appease the community which they kind of do OWE to us. Why would anyone want to buy something from someone who gives you shitty info and lies to top. I really dont believe half of what was said in todays post.
    Last edited by Elithar; 12-12-2012 at 20:09.

Normal User

Good work man.
    Raith Ctharak. SG of Axis of Ignorance

1000+

Finally someone who can actually contribute a well thought out and well written ideal about how disappointing yet crucial this delay was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hei Zei View Post
    Finally someone who can actually contribute a well thought out and well written ideal about how disappointing yet crucial this delay was.
    Paragus never disappoints.

Was a great read, I agree with all of your points. I only wonder if the beta will make much of a difference. Darkfall 1.0 had a beta, yet there were still so many exploits, and many were kept secret for the launch (So the rumors went).
    Last edited by griM'; 12-12-2012 at 20:15.
    thx KAPUTT for face montage
    http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Bounce_em.swf
    Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    Mindfuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeaph View Post
    VIVA LA DARKFALL

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by griM' View Post
    This, which is why the next live Q and A should be done with Paragus and AV.

Spot on and Excellent Article as usual Paragus
    Last edited by Keno; 12-12-2012 at 20:19.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Remember to "Bump" over there if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by griM' View Post

Was a great read, I agree with all of your points. I only wonder if the beta will make much of a difference. Darkfall 1.0 had a beta, yet there were still so many exploits, and many were kept secret for the launch (So the rumors went).
    They were definitely kept secret, but Aventurine has a MUCH larger team and a lot more experience this time around.

And I have a feeling it's going to be a much larger beta than in Darkfall 1.0.

nice read and thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Kasmos View Post
    Aventurine has a MUCH larger team and a lot more experience this time around.
    10ish vs. 50ish

4000+

Agreed on most points.

I would have also pointed out AV's flip-flop on the stance of previously not being interested in an external beta, to their stance now of suddenly appreciating the value of it is interestingly timed with the need for more time for Steam integration.

All in all, I do believe that, in the long run, it's best for the game. But, as I've said many times, it's not always about the results, it's about how you get to the results, and I strongly disagree with the means shown so far. I appreciated Tasos' post today, I think it was necessary and I'm glad they put the time in to put that out for the community, some sort of communication was necessary.

My hope is for a beta that includes all clans, so none are excluded and thus severely hamstrung come launch. I hope that all exploits and bugs will be reported; I know that I will be very active in reporting things. I hope that those reports are actually addressed and fixed this time -- as opposed to last time when the issues still persisted at launch -- and I foolishly hope that AV can hit an early January launch.

Edit: I have trouble accepting the argument for AV's supposed beta bug-fixing efficiency due to their increased team size. They've clearly shown the same poor results in delays and development time (see DF 2010, DF Arena, DF 2.0, DF UW and the numerous delays) as they did with the original DF despite the larger team. So I find it rather flawed to observe these things, then turn around and say that their beta performance will be any different. I hope my line of thinking is incorrect, and I hope AV has an extremely efficient beta process.
    Last edited by Rhade; 12-12-2012 at 20:36.

Rhade Letalis - Black Shields

Quote Originally Posted by RametepSeb View Post
    As if some1 hasn't told me to kill myself before
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerdave View Post
    The best forum warrior of all time has returned. :ohno:

If most of the AV staff argued to keep the release date for today then the game is ready and all the rest is political bullshit. I'd bet but whoever is bank rolling the game realized how much more money would come in with a steam release and that probably can't happen till next year. The developers pleaded to release it anyway and then settled with giving the fans a "beta" till steam release. Obvious. Not the developers fault. They probably really do care but the guy writing the checks only cares about maximum profits. For profit business.