Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8910 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 163
  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
    It's our business model. I won't bore you with the details. But we have some people (managers) making startup wages, and then we employ college kids to do the menial brunt work of our services as a "per service" rate. In other words, they get one dollar every time they (for the lack of a better explanation) service a client. So we are basically growing in our initial stages by underpaying a bunch of college kids.

    We can't sustain our current rate of growth if we lose income. We don't have to pay our college kids a lot of money, and as such every little bit we lose to taxes hurts (at the rate of clients we have to service, trying to get past the initial hurdle of startup costs...seeing how we are bootstrapped).
    You still have not expressed yourself in manner that inspires any confidence in your statements.

    I am not asking you for exact numbers per se, but your story does not add up as is.

    You went from laying off employees to underpaying less under the table college student next year. I'm sure if I dig deeper your story will continuously morph to fit your point and not your point to fit your story.

    Since you are paying a per job flat rate it would make no dif how many people you paid since the amount would be the same based on income...
    Last edited by Mycke; 12-13-2012 at 00:45.
    Mycke Soulslayer [Violent Resolution] (NA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss View Post
    Its fun to have fun but you have to know how.

  2. #122
    4000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycke View Post
    You still have not expressed yourself in manner that inspires any confidence in your statements.

    I am not asking you for exact numbers per se, but your story does not add up as is.

    You went from laying off employees to underpaying less under the table college student next year. I'm sure if I dig deeper your story will continuously morph to fit your point and not your point to fit your story.

    Since you are paying a per job flat rate it would make no dif hom many people you paid since the amount would be the same based on income...
    Good thing I'm not trying to impress you then, huh?

    I'll try one more time. We have account managers that are doing the majority of the work. The runoff during times of exceptionally high volume we use contractors (college kids) who have limited hours they can spend. We need to keep them busy enough (on retainer, if you will) that they keep doing work for us instead of going to work at burger king or something, so we have to balance compensation with time.

    Less income means we have to cut back the work they can do (increasing account manager work, but at less cost...which brings up a whole different argument seeing how they work like 50 hours a week as it is). If their work is cut back, they will no longer remain contractors for us, thus, we lose "employees", per se. Then bringing on that next client becomes a challenge, because we have no place to dump our runoff while they get situated (or while we find someone else to hire).

    Ultimately we will have to rate hike ourselves, but first their current contracts have to expire and THEN we have to convince them to stay on for slightely more.

    Make sense? The work variable never changes, but the resources we can throw at it will. Until we hit our big contracts on the services side (there IS room for massive growth where we can abandon this model...but again I won't bore you with the details, but we aren't there yet), we have to be creative in paying people (including our account managers) so that they don't leave. Because even the account managers are underpaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by killerchicken
    Yeah my original plan was to insult your name but then that would be like insulting boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by biggunsar
    ultimo. That guy is a professional fucking troll.

    I won't buy darkfall, just because of that.

  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
    Good thing I'm not trying to impress you then, huh?

    I'll try one more time. We have account managers that are doing the majority of the work. The runoff during times of exceptionally high volume we use contractors (college kids) who have limited hours they can spend. We need to keep them busy enough (on retainer, if you will) that they keep doing work for us instead of going to work at burger king or something, so we have to balance compensation with time.

    Less income means we have to cut back the work they can do (increasing account manager work, but at less cost...which brings up a whole different argument seeing how they work like 50 hours a week as it is). If their work is cut back, they will no longer remain contractors for us, thus, we lose "employees", per se. Then bringing on that next client becomes a challenge, because we have no place to dump our runoff while they get situated (or while we find someone else to hire).

    Ultimately we will have to rate hike ourselves, but first their current contracts have to expire and THEN we have to convince them to stay on for slightely more.

    Make sense? The work variable never changes, but the resources we can throw at it will. Until we hit our big contracts on the services side (there IS room for massive growth where we can abandon this model...but again I won't bore you with the details, but we aren't there yet), we have to be creative in paying people (including our account managers) so that they don't leave. Because even the account managers are underpaid.
    Yea because there is a shortage of unemployed college students looking for part time jobs.

    Enough already...

    I am discussing this sincerely from a personal perspective with a reasonable solid grasp of the issues and not an agenda that needs to be upheld.

    It is obvious you are far more interested in sticking to your point and facts are just there to be fitted to support it. You are welcome to this but you are doing yourself nor society at large any favors in doing so.

    And I am not going to play this game of yours any longer...
    Mycke Soulslayer [Violent Resolution] (NA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss View Post
    Its fun to have fun but you have to know how.

  4. #124
    4000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycke View Post
    Yea because there is a shortage of unemployed college students looking for part time jobs.

    Enough already...

    I am discussing this sincerely from a personal perspective with a reasonable solid grasp of the issues and not an agenda that needs to be upheld.

    It is obvious you are far more interested in sticking to your point and facts are just there to be fitted to support it. You are welcome to this but you are doing yourself nor society at large any favors in doing so.

    And I am not going to play this game of yours any longer...
    Who's sticking to an agenda? I think it's obvious who has been trying to push one in this thread. Only game I am guilty of playing is trying to keep my startups going, which are actually fueling more jobs. If you ever had a startup, you would know how tight budgets are, and every penny you lose to taxes hurts bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by killerchicken
    Yeah my original plan was to insult your name but then that would be like insulting boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by biggunsar
    ultimo. That guy is a professional fucking troll.

    I won't buy darkfall, just because of that.

  5. #125
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Agon
    Posts
    3,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Full View Post
    That's actually exactly how it works.

    Basically it works like this. Government needs more money. Asks Reserve for more money. Reserve says ok, give us a couple days while we print the money. In the meantime Government generates Bonds equal to the amount its borrowing from the Reserve. The exchange happens (electronically) and the Government has more money and the Reserve owns more US debt.

    Whos is the Reserve? Federal Reserve is a private corp with a special charter to set US monetary policy with ZERO oversight.
    This is the most retarded shit I've read. That is not even CLOSE to how government works.


    That kind of shit is the product of misinformation and ignorance that is further reinforced by even more blatant ignorance.
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
    Who's sticking to an agenda? I think it's obvious who has been trying to push one in this thread. Only game I am guilty of playing is trying to keep my startups going, which are actually fueling more jobs. If you ever had a startup, you would know how tight budgets are, and every penny you lose to taxes hurts bad.
    I run my own business and have been either self employed or a private contractor for much of my life and im 45.

    You are still not making sense because either your profit margin is so small that there is no way 5% can pay 2 people 50 hour work week wages or you make a lot of money because no matter how you slice it those 2 people must equal 5% of you net post tax income in order for you not to hire them due to the tax increase of just under 5%.

    5% is 5% no matter how you try to frame your argument and 5% is so small that the only way that can matter is if you make so little that 5% couldn't pay 2 people anyway.

    One way or another something juts doesn't make sense (ignoring the fact that nothing is easier to find than a college student looking for part time work).
    Mycke Soulslayer [Violent Resolution] (NA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss View Post
    Its fun to have fun but you have to know how.

  7. #127
    4000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycke View Post
    I run my own business and have been either self employed or a private contractor for much of my life and im 45.

    You are still not making sense because either your profit margin is so small that there is no way 5% can pay 2 people 50 hour work week wages or you make a lot of money because no matter how you slice it those 2 people must equal 5% of you net post tax income in order for you not to hire them due to the tax increase of just under 5%.

    5% is 5% no matter how you try to frame your argument and 5% is so small that the only way that can matter is if you make so little that 5% couldn't pay 2 people anyway.

    One way or another something juts doesn't make sense (ignoring the fact that nothing is easier to find than a college student looking for part time work).
    DO YOU HAVE ANY RELIABLE SOURCES TO BACK UP YOUR PRESUMPTUOUS STATEMENTS? lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by killerchicken
    Yeah my original plan was to insult your name but then that would be like insulting boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by biggunsar
    ultimo. That guy is a professional fucking troll.

    I won't buy darkfall, just because of that.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    This is the most retarded shit I've read. That is not even CLOSE to how government works.


    That kind of shit is the product of misinformation and ignorance that is further reinforced by even more blatant ignorance.
    So the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is spreading misinformation?

    http://www.rayservers.com/images/Mod...yMechanics.pdf

    Go read that and educate yourself child. You do not know much how the world works.

    I guess this is more misinformation from Bloomberg that the Fed is buying 90% of all new bonds issued by the government, up from 61% from 2009.

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...new-bonds.html

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycke View Post
    I run my own business and have been either self employed or a private contractor for much of my life and im 45.

    You are still not making sense because either your profit margin is so small that there is no way 5% can pay 2 people 50 hour work week wages or you make a lot of money because no matter how you slice it those 2 people must equal 5% of you net post tax income in order for you not to hire them due to the tax increase of just under 5%.

    5% is 5% no matter how you try to frame your argument and 5% is so small that the only way that can matter is if you make so little that 5% couldn't pay 2 people anyway.

    One way or another something juts doesn't make sense (ignoring the fact that nothing is easier to find than a college student looking for part time work).
    Yea wheres your sources?

  10. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Full View Post
    Yea wheres your sources?
    Sources for what?

    Math? lol

    $100, 000 after tax income last year = $95,400 this year and hes paying 2 50 hour week workers a combined $4600 a year or about $1/hr. To get to $5/hr hes making close to 1/2 a mil a year and should not be struggling or firing.

    Yea I know math is hard... (and this is assuming they dont pass middle class tax cuts or the first $250k will see no increase at all)
    Last edited by Mycke; 12-13-2012 at 04:59.
    Mycke Soulslayer [Violent Resolution] (NA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss View Post
    Its fun to have fun but you have to know how.

  11. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycke View Post
    Sources for what?

    Math? lol

    $100, 000 after tax income last year = $95,400 this year and hes paying 2 50 hour week workers a combined $4600 a year or about $1/hr. To get to $5/hr hes making close to 1/2 a mil a year and should not be struggling or firing.

    Yea I know math is hard... (and this is assuming they dont pass middle class tax cuts or the first $250k will see no increase at all)
    Sorry I mean't proof that you actually own a business and not talking out your ass.

  12. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Full View Post
    Sorry I mean't proof that you actually own a business and not talking out your ass.
    Lol given you have never proven/retracted or in anyway acknowledged your earlier statements its easy to see whos talking out their ass.

    Any observer with reasonable intelligence can see I know what i'm talking about and would see no reason to doubt my claim (Though since you don't want to discuss the topic you have been babbling nonsense about I can see why you would).

    Though I see no reason to give my actual info to random people on the net, for the record I deal in collectible books and have done so for most of my life. There are people on the forums who know the truth of my claim and maybe one will see this and say something and maybe not. Truth is I don't care because everything on topic here I can easily back up and your asking is just a means of misdirecting from you and your statements.
    Mycke Soulslayer [Violent Resolution] (NA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss View Post
    Its fun to have fun but you have to know how.

  13. #133
    2000+ Chris Windblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    MiDDle EaRth
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    remember when i said when major countries start to call our bluff. you know the times when things really start to get really fucking fair really fucking quickly.. well were there..
    Hong Kong Monetary Authority Chief Executive Norman Chan said Monday that quantitative easing is not a panacea, and added:

    ...there is a possibility that the process of deleveraging is disrupted by quantitative easing, leading to sharp increases in asset prices in the first place. Yet, since such increases are not supported by economic fundamentals, any increase in wealth will be seen as transient... (and asset prices might drop sharply and remain volatile). As a result, households are unwilling to increase spending and in the end, the real economy fails to rebound.

    It seems the AsiaPac central bankers did not get the 'shut up and print' memo as today during another speech, an Australian central banker followed Hong Kong's lead and pronounced quantitative easing as potentially harmful and the volatility-dampening effects of excess monetary policy as "ultimately inimical to financial stability and hence macroeconomic stability." In the speech below Glenn Stevens (RBA Governor) provides some much-needed doses of sanity to the grossly addicted world desirous of moar money printing.

    "Central banks can provide liquidity to shore up financial stability and they can buy time for borrowers to adjust, but they cannot, in the end, put government finances on a sustainable course... They can't shield people from the implications of having mis-assessed their own lifetime budget constraints and therefore having consumed too much."

    wont belong now till some one says we want our money back oh and by the way your dollar is no longer the reserve currency.
    Last edited by Chris Windblade; 12-13-2012 at 13:17.
    Get the latest infodarkfallonline.com/uw/
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

    Latest Videos

  14. #134
    2000+ Chris Windblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    MiDDle EaRth
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    ANd Boyeah we hit the threshold... this just in...


    CBO Releases Sandy Damage Estimate: At $60.4 Billion, It Would Send US Over The Debt Ceiling limit. CBO warns :


    The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) on Wednesday warned the economy will enter a recession next year if the country goes over the so-called fiscal cliff.

    In its most dire warning yet about the fiscal cliff, the CBO said the economy would contract by 0.5 percent in calendar year 2013 if the George W. Bush-era tax rates expire and automatic spending cuts are implemented.
    .

    DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN!!
    Last edited by Chris Windblade; 12-13-2012 at 13:26.
    Get the latest infodarkfallonline.com/uw/
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

    Latest Videos

  15. #135
    2000+ Chris Windblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    MiDDle EaRth
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycke View Post
    What???

    That makes no sense, care to elaborate...

    Edit: Just to be clear it sounds like you are implying the federal government buys federal bonds which is absurd.
    really now?? lol what do you think they have been doing since 2008 lol wake up and smell the burning ink... better do some reaserch and comeback when you are done..
    Get the latest infodarkfallonline.com/uw/
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

    Latest Videos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •