Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45
    5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Galadourn View Post
    I think it has been mentioned before that the AH is gonna be like EVE, you can browse the items being sold but you actually have to travel to the location where they are being sold (and they were contemplating adding a small fee for delivery to your location)
    Yeah, wich is a bit flawed, since if they don't add a delay to the deliver and add an option to buy remotely but withdraw on location, the deliver would became the main and only (because you wouldn't risk to get to the location to see the item already sold by the pony express during the journey) purchase system, making that virtually global instead of local.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfallin View Post
    Last mention of markets - February 23, 2012.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=2749

Strange how this system was described as practically being finished.

Yeah but you have to take in account how it all works together, maybe from that post there was a huge bug or something they just couldn't fix. Plus a auction house/ market isn't needed to much what i would do is make it so people can put up the goblin shops in different area's around the city that are actual spots then have it so we can place them a bit outsides the city's gate. that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Maejohl View Post
    Ideally it will not be implemented at all.
    Agreed. The old idea of players being able to have a player vendor in a market square in player cities remains the better solution.

There should not be standing NPC markets if they can be at all avoided, as they completely undermine the point of player housing for merchants. If you can buy and sell everything in the safety of an NPC city off an NPC merchant, then there is no need to risk PvP to buy from a player shop outside an NPC city. This is a pvp game, so buying and selling should not be made risk-free.

Take a look at Diablo 3...

now see that an AH is a terrible idea.
    Krail Ukriek
    Vids

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Epitaph23 View Post
    Take a look at Diablo 3...

now see that an AH is a terrible idea.
    Diablo 3 has Real Money Auction House. Its a lot different than normal AH.

Its been a long time since I have played but if I remember right player vendors are pretty much one way.

If you are not going to have an npc auction there should be something which will allow offline selling abroad. Maybe make player ownd vendors usable by anyone, for a tax.

Normal User

For this game, a regional system of auctions in the capital is necessary and vital.
    Also because the current system of vendors in the villages has been a total failure.
    Leave the market in the hands of very few people caused the death of the economy.
    Look at what happened after the patch in July 2012.
    The patch was made to call the old players, has been successful only for a couple of weeks, but then the difficulties in finding good items for pvp, has again caused a decline in population.
    The veterans were not selling anything. Players who have accumulated hundreds of millions in resources and rare have stopped selling.
    The few things that were sold have reached insane prices, prices that none of those players back with the patch could afford. Vendors in the villages were almost all empty, in trade chat practically absolute silence.
    The result? the moribund economy is definitely dead, and those players who had responded positively to the patch are all gone away.

So I repeat, a regional system of auctions in the capital is necessary and vital for the game.
    Each race should have its own regional auction system, accessible to all, both hardcore player (20% of the total population), and both the casual player (80% of the total population).

This also is also great to push veteran players not to abandon the capital.
    For new players, go to the capital and see it full of players with high level equipment is a great incentive to continue in the game.
    Different is when a new player goes in their own capital, and he realizes that he is the only one in a ghost town.

Please Aventurine, don't release the game without a solid economic system accessible to all.

Why is the community against a global AH?

Making it local and keeping the banks global, will only make buying an item time wasting.

You won't be risking anything to buy the item anyway, so why not just take it instantly instead of wasting your time traveling to get it?
    Last edited by GRCPan; 09-25-2012 at 23:05.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by GRCPan View Post
    Why is the community against a global AH?

Making it local and keeping the banks global, will only make buying an item time wasting.

You won't be risking anything to buy the item anyway, so why not just take it instantly instead of wasting your time traveling to get it?
    Intelligent observation.
    I'm reminded this update: Update - February 23
    Precisely these words:
    Markets exist in all racial capitals as well as in chaos cities. Players are able to buy and sell any item in the game but also place buy and sell orders. Browsing any marketplace will reveal all buy and sell orders currently available all over Agon. If an item is located at the market you are at, you can buy it right there and then. If the item is located in another marketplace you have two options: You can either travel to the market and buy it there, or you can pay a courier cost related to the item’s price, and have it delivered to your location. Placing buy and sell orders can only be done for the marketplace you are at. This design allows the market to self-regulate and provides many opportunities and interesting gameplay options for enterprising traders.
    Simple and effective, I like it.
    Make these words reality and your success is guaranteed.

i vote no on the markets.

it promotes laziness and takes away the random opportunity of the vendor gank.

i've been ganked hundreds of times at vendors, but i still think the market idea is horrible.
    OMFG bring back the old GUI please.