Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75
  1. #16
    13,000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Swing Approves
    Posts
    13,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Easy View Post
    fasting > drugs
    .
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

  2. #17
    6000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    Anyway, there's a Stanford lecture I saw on YT claiming schizophrenia is the price of language. The same genes are involved with both. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find evidence for relatives of schizophrenics having exceptional language skills, at least compared to the amount of effort put into it. Only very recently (<100 years) have a lot of people had the opportunity to learn language in a structured way (clear rules, written word and from teachers) and learn many languages and dialects.

    I dont find this hard to believe since a girl i worked with had a sister that was a professor in arabic or something, and she got schizo after working at a uni here in sweden for some time, i met her at my job and she was defo batshit crazy now. (she could speak like swedish, french, english, arabic.)


    also, she was swedish, no arab relatives or anything etc.
    Lord Oboy -

    Quote Originally Posted by Croim View Post
    You didnt even need that good aim in darkfall as long as you knew how to dodge/transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    :LMAO: thats just too funny. Yea, because being able to land more hits than your enemy didn't matter :lmao: Congrats, you just got added to my sig :lmao:

  3. #18
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    "My contention is that mutation-causing, psychoactive chemical compounds in the early human diet directly influenced the rapid reorganization of the brain's information-processing capacities."

    They don't cause mutations.

    The effect it had on humans was mostly a religious one and promoting group cohesion and selecting for resistance to hallucinogens.

    The brain works by keeping the consciousness focused on the important things. F ex making sure small, seemingly irrelevant changes like the parallel lines don't reach the conscious brain.
    I recommend reading the whole thing he already explained this even in the provided example, let alone in the rest of the book.

    "So how did the mushroom modifications get into the genome?

    The short answer to this
    objection (suggesting it is not part of our genome), one that requires no defense of Lamarck's ideas, is that the presence of psilocybin in the hominid diet changed the parameters of the process of natural selection(not our genome) by changing the parameters of the process of natural selection by changing the behavioral patterns upon which that selection was operating."

    . . .

    "Hence psilocybin inclusion in the diet shifted the parameters of human behavior in favor of patterns of activity that promoted increased language, acquisition of language led to more vocabulary and an expanded memory capacity."

    Just because he is subscribed to one theory does not mean he is completely unsubscribed to the others, or even if he is he still includes the other theories in his book. Your point about it not causing mutations is still completely valid, even in the authors view I would imagine, but my point is that he also brings this up as shown above.
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 09-20-2012 at 09:46.

  4. #19
    5000+ karlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    Oh you guys remind me of bunch of preachers of a sort lol...

    I am fully capable of functioning in this world without taking questionably safe drugs.

    I will say the same thing I said to drugs that I said to religion: No, thank you.

  5. #20
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Oh you guys remind me of bunch of preachers of a sort lol...

    I am fully capable of functioning in this world without taking questionably safe drugs.

    I will say the same thing I said to drugs that I said to religion: No, thank you.
    You obviously did not read it if you believe Shrooms or even Marijuana is a drug. There is 0 evidence for these claims.
    http://norml.org/library/health-repo...alth-mythology
    Here are a few facts.

    The main claim that Weed is bad for you is that it kills brain cells, which is only true if you smoke it. Smoking anything gives you carcinogens from the smoke, which kills brain cells. Eating marijuana after cooking it into butter or something, does not kill brain cells and does not cause any harm for that matter. If you think you may harm yourself because weed impairs your judgement thus meaning it should be illegal, the same should go for a vast amount of prescription drugs.

    Shrooms nor weed have killed a single person in documented history, even for the long term users. Its simple propaganda they use to arrest blacks and mexicans, knowing those populations smoke large amounts of it. It is shown statistically, twice as many Whites smoke weed as blacks, yet twice as many blacks are in jail for marijuana. They initially, even History Channel claims this and provides much evidence for it, made weed illegal to jail the large amounts of Mexicans who were becoming citizens coming from Mexico.

    Even today, Mexico is one of the largest distributors of marijuana, so it makes sense that if you want to arrest mexicans for no reason just make weed illegal. You likely do not know this, but the majority of our prisons have mostly have minorities in them. Also, America has the largest (% wise) amount of people in their prison, more than any other country in the world.

    I am not at all defending drugs such as exstacy, studies have proven they put tiny holes in your brain and even cause you to lose spinal fluid. Not only that, but many people have died as a direct result of these drugs. Weed and shrooms are the only drugs I defend, and both happen to be completely organic and I doubt that is a coincidence.

    Reefer Madness was a propaganda film that was meant to be taken seriously by the population, and was by a huge amount of them and very likely by your parents who taught you this indoctrinated bullshit.
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 09-20-2012 at 13:45.

  6. #21
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hallucinogenicz View Post
    You obviously did not read it if you believe Shrooms or even Marijuana is a drug. There is 0 evidence for these claims.
    I'm sorry, what? They are drugs by definition, so are sugar and caffeine.

  7. #22
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    I'm sorry, what? They are drugs by definition, so are sugar and caffeine.
    Thats true, but by definition Gay means happy and I highly doubt you call yourself Gay when you feel happy.

    edit: I guess you can argue Gay is simply not a term you use, but if someone asked you "Are you gay?" while you feel very happy, you will very likely tell them no you are not Gay.
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 09-20-2012 at 14:06.

  8. #23
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,033

    Default

    err alrighty then

  9. #24
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    haha gotcha

  10. #25
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,033

    Default

    you didn't, they're still drugs. I wonder, what do you think drug means?

  11. #26
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    you didn't, they're still drugs. I wonder, what do you think drug means?
    Are you gay?

  12. #27

    Default

    Great LSD documentary

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaqJX-aP0Jc

    Apparently it was very successful for treating people severe mental illness and addictions.

  13. #28
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    you didn't, they're still drugs. I wonder, what do you think drug means?
    Well a better way to ask the question, have you ever been gay? You obviously refuse to answer because you know people think of it in a derogatory way.

    I know what drugs are, even where they sell medicine its called Drug Stores. My point is, this particular person and many others, almost always refer to "drugs" in a derogatory way. They do the exact same thing with the word gay.
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 09-20-2012 at 14:34.

  14. #29
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    Great LSD documentary

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaqJX-aP0Jc

    Apparently it was very successful for treating people severe mental illness and addictions.
    There is an awesome DMT documentary also with Joe Rogan narrating it, its called DMT the spirit molecule,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMOC44vby9g
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 09-20-2012 at 15:10.

  15. #30
    5000+ karlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    I have no issues with people taking drugs or what not.

    I have the issue with people trying to shove their beliefs on certain activities down other people's throats. You guys are just taking your values and imitating religious/conservative shitheads who are pushing their own agenda.

    Do drugs all you want. And if you think it makes you a better person, then good for you. Now take your junkie-made youtube videos, go eat shit, and die.

    For every druggie that dies the world becomes slightly better.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by karlek; 09-20-2012 at 17:56.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •