Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ftl

11,000+

Default Ftl

http://www.ftlgame.com/

Awesome little space themed roguelike. You control a little crew and a ship as it explores the galaxy, running away from rebels, and taking down enemy ships. There are plenty of ways to play, and plenty of ways to die. Also features fire, a lot of fire, and OH GO MY SHIP'S ON FIRE!

Seriously fun timesink, well recommended. Has the whole "losing is fun" feel that Dwarf Fortress has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

6000+

really fun, but wtf its hard and unforgiving..

had liek 8 crewmembers, face a ship fkin 5 burn to death / get killed by boarders.

/(((
    Lord Oboy -

Quote Originally Posted by Croim View Post
    You didnt even need that good aim in darkfall as long as you knew how to dodge/transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    :LMAO: thats just too funny. Yea, because being able to land more hits than your enemy didn't matter :lmao: Congrats, you just got added to my sig :lmao:

5000+

Game looks brilliant - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SnIhpCm5w

Just love the whole panic inducing games of recent like dungeons of dredmor and zombie atom smasher. Will definitly pick up that one as well.
    Last edited by bmfof; 09-18-2012 at 13:41.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

So I will have something new to play after all...
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Seriously fun timesink, well recommended. Has the whole "losing is fun" feel that Dwarf Fortress has.
    I was in love with this game the second I first read about it. I'm really glad it's doing so well, it's probably the best indie game this year.

Oh, and its soundtrack is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    Obviously all this in the US...the country where a fanatical worship of science has replaced any true religious sense or any balanced perception of LIFE

25,000+

Fantastic game, I managed to make it to the last boss and promptly get my face melted off. Very unforgiving. If you like space games, or games that are hard, grab it.
    I no longer work for Aventurine, if you require assistance please open a support ticket or send a message to any moderator or staff member.

I saw it on steam but the pictures didnt impress me, video looks pretty cool though ill check it out for sure.

Another awesome, 3D, space game is salvation prophecy. It has awesome graphics, you can go wherever you want choose a race to play as and build bases on planets, have ship battles and even land battles to take over planets and stuff. Land battles are pretty fun, large armies duking it out. You even start off as a weak foot soldier and are not allowed to invade planets with a fleet, you can do it alone but will die for sure. Once you get high enough rank you can do more and more things, eventually till your commander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjWJZJci0BA

unless you rip the spacebar off your keyboard, its too easy

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Blood View Post
    unless you rip the spacebar off your keyboard, its too easy
    lol dont use pause.
    Lord Oboy -

You didnt even need that good aim in darkfall as long as you knew how to dodge/transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    :LMAO: thats just too funny. Yea, because being able to land more hits than your enemy didn't matter :lmao: Congrats, you just got added to my sig :lmao:

lol dont use pause.
    lol ya some people think just because its there you have to use it. Reminds me of when Madden made it where you can rewind like 2 players per game and re do them lol but there was an option to turn it off or if anything just dont use it, it doesnt force you.

Either way Madden sucks ass, im not really into football games but NCAA was way more realistic.

5000+

I like how you unlock shit for your hangar by doing a bunch of quests in the game - and the quest themselves offer a high possibility of failure if you don't mind your actions as well. I managed to get an awesome crew of 7 dudes, with two Engi to repair shit and one dude with 150 hp that was immune to fire, but sadly I first ran out of fuel at one exit, so I had to make distress calls for 3 turns just turning away a bunch of enemies, and then I ran out of misslies as well, only to eventually get into a fight with a 20 HP ship with my lowly at this point 5 HP. Was a blast though, I'll see what I unlocked with quests now, do another game.

Also

As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

8000+

I suck at roguelike games but i'll try it

5000+

Damn, I can't stop playing this. Only managed to get to sector 7 or so, unlocked 3 hulls so far, the stealth one, the engi one with drones, and the one with the dudes that provide one energy pip to any system they man. I love how deep quests actually are, as well as how the whole randomization of content provides a unique flavour to every attempt.

It's incredible how small games with just a few bits of randomized content can provide so many paths and options. Gives you an idea where games should head to if the industry wants to focus on depth instead of quantity gameplaywise.
    Last edited by bmfof; 09-19-2012 at 20:05.

Also

8000+

This game is fuckin awesome!

oh fuck what do I do against ship intruders
    Last edited by Jedicake; 09-20-2012 at 01:41.

i felt bad for pirating such great game, added it to my buy list when i get spare funds
    Last edited by Laxe; 09-20-2012 at 02:40.