Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56716 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Woosh... I guess I need to spell it out. "People" have controlled every government ever.
    You obviously dont see through the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallucinogenicz View Post
    You obviously dont see through the sarcasm.
    It's like you have no capacity to remember what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

If most of their money is sitting in banks, how are they using that money to "create jobs"?
    Because money in the bank is being lent out.

You'd only be right if they have their valuables in commodities, or simply stashed away hidden in their vault.

Yummy.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Wufiavelli View Post
    Someone suggest here we get rid of all taxes except for 100% inheritance tax. Lets have everyone work for it.
    That would be an excellent way to essentially defund the government; as such, I would support it. For those who actually believe in tax farms, and enjoy being fleeced, this would be a horrible revenue stream.

"Everytime you PK a newb, a breakdancer shitkicks a baby."-Goty

4000+

He's just trying to save face.
    What will an attack from Russia look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffy View Post
    palo god saved my cock!

Quote Originally Posted by palo god View Post
    He's just trying to save face.
    Trust me, I highly doubt many people here respect me to begin with lol.

Well this is what I said

Woosh... I guess I need to spell it out. "People" have controlled every government ever.
    Yes it makes no sense the very beginning of the United States constitution would say 'We the People", of course its people and not robot aliens.
    I really dont see how you think I wasnt being sarcastic. Anyway, when I said "it makes no sense the United States constitution would say "We the People", that was the sarcastic half, im stating this because you obviously could not tell. The second half "of course its people and not robot aliens" was not sarcastic. I am clearly stating that yes in fact every government even our own "People" control every aspect of it because robot aliens obviously do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    Because money in the bank is being lent out.

You'd only be right if they have their valuables in commodities, or simply stashed away hidden in their vault.
    You would only be right if that money was not being lent out to people they know cant pay it back so they can literally suck the blood out of the economy on insane interest rates, just like they did with the housing market.

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    This would only work if you couldn't just up and move your business or it's money somewhere else. Also less than 1 million capital is a tiny amount for some businesses to survive on.

You have to understand that these trillion dollar businesses bring in a shitload of money into the economy, even with tax cuts. You can't just scare them all into leaving the country and doing business abroad.

Those that don't pay any tax however, such as Amazon, should be crucified.
    Amazon has employed ten of thousands of people and brought cheap, desirable goods right to the doorsteps of the consumer. What is the response of the commie? "Crucify them because the state gets none!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    Amazon has employed ten of thousands of people and brought cheap, desirable goods right to the doorsteps of the consumer. What is the response of the commie? "Crucify them because the state gets none!"
    And what about all the smaller companies who get put out of business by Amazon simply because they're not big enough to avoid tax? Giving Amazon a free ride just because they're big isn't capitalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

And what about all the smaller companies who get put out of business by Amazon simply because they're not big enough to avoid tax? Giving Amazon a free ride just because they're big isn't capitalism.
    That depends what kind of capitalism you are referring to. A Laissez-faire type capitalism would put smaller companies out of business anyway. What we have today is Laissez-faire (government hands off, no taxes) capitalism for huge companies, and state capitalism (hands on, taxes) for small ones. Which I would say is much worse than Laissez-faire capitalism by itself, and FDR is in heaven talking shit about us for this.
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 09-20-2012 at 17:37.

That's not amazon's fault, it's the government. Taxes on small companies, as well as red tape, prevent competition.

Yummy.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    That's not amazon's fault, it's the government. Taxes on small companies, as well as red tape, prevent competition.
    You don't think Amazon has any part in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

12,000+

You don't think Amazon has any part in it?
    Amazon is big enough to be able to fight back. They moved out of states in US that are enforcing online sales tax. Personally I hate it when small business ask for tax hikes on big business to gain a competitive edge.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Personally I hate it when small business ask for tax hikes on big business to gain a competitive edge.
    Elitist fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Amazon is big enough to be able to fight back. They moved out of states in US that are enforcing online sales tax. Personally I hate it when small business ask for tax hikes on big business to gain a competitive edge.
    Well, some big box marts (not sure if amazon does this as well), in fact nearly every wal-mart superstore built in the US received massive subsidies (talking 800 grand min). These were supposedly for constructing parking lots and running various utlities to support the store but some were so absurd, as in over 2 million dollars, that the company basically was getting paid to build a new store. This of course has nothing to do with Walmart having executives in various high ranking places of the government but i digress. If you or I were to open a new supermarket, we would never get a dime from the government state or federal to build the parking lot or run utility lines in for lights and things of that sort. I agree with you that small business need to look inwards in order to compete with the big box marts, but at a certain point the game is rather rigged. Amazon runs a local warehouse and shipping center in my city with only 25 employees due to the sheer amount of automation involved. Mind you it is one of their smaller facilities but there is no reason to subsidize a business that literally removes jobs from this nation and it happens every day.

Trust me, I highly doubt many people here respect me to begin with lol.

Well this is what I said

I really dont see how you think I wasnt being sarcastic. Anyway, when I said "it makes no sense the United States constitution would say "We the People", that was the sarcastic half, im stating this because you obviously could not tell. The second half "of course its people and not robot aliens" was not sarcastic. I am clearly stating that yes in fact every government even our own "People" control every aspect of it because robot aliens obviously do not exist.
    So then... the problem with communism is that it was not a republic?

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.