Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Santharix View Post
    I think if WoW arena became an e-sport, any game has the chance.
    Yea, not trying to put you down or anything, just wondered if it had any elements that made it really likely to be competitive.

Normal User

Ow Cattboy, it hurts when you call me names....ps my 2nd char is 80 now. Have a 80 engi/guard. Crafting is without question the fastest in game. Also if you get in with the right group, CoF explorable can be ran in 20min with 4 80s and 1 low level...gives a flat 130k xp even to low levels. AKA it's the PLing of this game. Also, no xp boosters were used getting to 80. Was a group of 3 of us who simply were ahead of the curve and could kill monsters that gave a good amount of bonus xp.
    Last edited by KingKong; 09-13-2012 at 19:36.

1000+ US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by The Cougar View Post
    Yea, not trying to put you down or anything, just wondered if it had any elements that made it really likely to be competitive.
    5v5 tournament play actually gets really competitive in this game. Granted, there are still imbalances that need fleshed out, but it has the potential to become an esport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dzui2d_JSY&feature=plcp

Is a great match we had against a team called comfort eagle.

The games get incredibly close.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStunTueur View Post
    Yeah I know that.

I thought you were 80 in pve/WvW mode. King Kong posted a couple weeks ago and stated him and other Legend guys got to lvl 80 in 36 hours. I just want to know how the fuck they did that.

What is the fastest way to level basically? I'm lvl 42 atm, but I don't play often. I got tired of fucking questing.
    WvWvW capping stuf, its really simple
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

5000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStunTueur View Post
    But it's boring as fuck.
    Expected.

Xp food is from vendors around town. Cheapest i found as like 13copper. +xp per kill. Worked great for those tab spam wave events.

@adun. i got bored and asked for refund :< dodging just wasnt enough for me from a pvp standpoint but im fussy soo yeah.

@king, my bark is worse than my bite lover. I guess i shoulda waited till you found this op plvl spot and not those fking centaurrssss. Ahhhhhhh fuck that bridge
    - The one and only -
    My Videos

wtb df2010

Normal User

Eh we've been doing a ton of tournys. Whole reason I switched to Engi was because it ended up being way more exciting in tournys/WvW over Guardian. Got a few clips on Guard in WvW before leveling up Engi, just threw the video together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_qPC...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by The Cougar View Post
    Maybe once it get's balanced. Right now sPvP is a joke. From it being full of thieves with their 1 button spam builds to getting into matches that are 1v2.

Some of this issues are less prevalent in tournaments but who is going to care when there casual exposure is so terrible.

Wanderer
    (Guild Leader - The Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Damedius View Post
    Maybe once it get's balanced. Right now sPvP is a joke. From it being full of thieves with their 1 button spam builds to getting into matches that are 1v2.

Some of this issues are less prevalent in tournaments but who is going to care when there casual exposure is so terrible.
    I hope thieves get nerfed into the ground. I really enjoy playing mine but it seems like thieves out number other classes 2-1.

1000+ US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Thry View Post
    I hope thieves get nerfed into the ground. I really enjoy playing mine but it seems like thieves out number other classes 2-1.
    Heartseeker was just nerfed pretty hard.

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Santharix View Post
    Heartseeker was just nerfed pretty hard.
    Even better since I don't use it :P

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Been leveling an engi over the past few days, and playing it a good bit in PvP. It's a beast.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

So is there a huge inbalance in PVP between leveled and PVP-exclusive toons? Whats the disparity in time needed for progress between leveled and PVP-exclusive toons?

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    So is there a huge inbalance in PVP between leveled and PVP-exclusive toons? Whats the disparity in time needed for progress between leveled and PVP-exclusive toons?
    Your PvE toon is upscaled in WvW (server vs server) and there can be a huge disparity if you're low level or badly geared in PvE.

Structured PvP is completely different and everyone is equal. sPvP can be accessed immediately following the level 1 tutorial.

1000+ US1 Player

http://thedragonarena.com/index.php/matchview?t_id=42

New tournament bracket system coming up. [playermade]

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    In sPvP (battlegrounds) everyone is the same level, with the same gear. There's zero disparity.

In WvWvW (open world PvP/ RvR) the level bumping system does a great way of boosting lowbies up to be competitive against level 80s. Running around on my alt, I have no difficulties killing other players one on one.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.