Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
    So you're telling me a fiat currency would be "just fine": without regulation and babysitting? Pretty sure we're in this situation because of that exact ideology.
    Where did you come up with that? You just made something up that I never said or implied.

Look, I'm a pretty red blooded archo-capitalist, but even I know a fiat currency needs regulation backing it or else shit like the housing bubble happens.
    The housing bubble occurred b/c of the regulations in place.

If you do not truly understand the housing bubble I highly suggest educating yourself on why it had such a huge impact on the world economy. It's a lot deeper and fucked up than most people understand, and why I never supported the full deregulation of any market.
    I don't think you understand the bubble if you think it was caused by a lack of regulations.

Truth hurts man, these wannabe Libertarians are so fucking stupid it pains me to even label myself one.
    What truth? You invented my position so you could attack it easily. Learn some reading comprehension. Or jump on board w/ Marilio, he's an all-star......
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Where did you come up with that? You just made something up that I never said or implied.

I don't think you understand the bubble if you think it was caused by a lack of regulations.

What truth? You invented my position so you could attack it easily. Learn some reading comprehension. Or jump on board w/ Marilio, he's an all-star......
    You are the first one that doesn't comprehend anything about the financial crisis. Not only are you ignorant of it, you are militant of your own stupidity. You are perhaps the saddest human being I've ever come across.
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    You are the first one that doesn't comprehend anything about the financial crisis. Not only are you ignorant of it, you are militant of your own stupidity. You are perhaps the saddest human being I've ever come across.
    as usual, ad hom attack from Marilio. It's a good thing you have low standards you can live up to.
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap

3000+

as usual, ad hom attack from Marilio. It's a good thing you have low standards you can live up to.
    I learned to use fallacies with you, broheim. I think there isn't a post written by you that isn't A) retarded, and B) using ad hominem like a mother fucker.

I learned to use fallacies with you, broheim. I think there isn't a post written by you that isn't A) retarded, and B) using ad hominem like a mother fucker.
    You mean like the post I made above to Makestro?

You are pathetic.

So you're telling me a fiat currency would be "just fine": without regulation and babysitting? Pretty sure we're in this situation because of that exact ideology.
    Lol.

Fiat currency would definitely not be fine without regulation, because it would be dead. Nobody would fucking want it. Regulation forces people into it. That's right. Force. A fuckin gun against your head.

As for your second statement, even if a housing bubble had occurred, it would not have been at the magnitude it did if it weren't for government involvement. The fuckin market was never 'de-regulated', the existing regulations were just altered. If anything, it was 're-regulated.'

Fuckin planners.
    Last edited by Rokstarr; 09-16-2012 at 15:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

3000+

You mean like the post I made above to Makestro?

You are pathetic.
    Point proven. If I go to your post history there will be nothing but ad hominem posts all over the place.

Get shit on, kid. Go lie down.

Point proven. If I go to your post history there will be nothing but ad hominem posts all over the place.

Get shit on, kid. Go lie down.
    Clearly you don't know what ad hominem is so here's a little refresher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Hint: every insult is not an ad hominem. Calling you pathetic is not ad hominem. Every point you have ever tried to make has been refuted on its merits alone. The insults you receive are due to your blatant disregard for fact and blind faith in whatever dogma you heard your preachers in school give you.

3000+

Clearly you don't know what ad hominem is so here's a little refresher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Hint: every insult is not an ad hominem. Calling you pathetic is not ad hominem. Every point you have ever tried to make has been refuted on its merits alone. The insults you receive are due to your blatant disregard for fact and blind faith in whatever dogma you heard your preachers in school give you.
    Not really. Your "merits" include the famous "you're retarded". It'd be refuted by merits if you said "You're retarded because that works as A and B, not C"

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Actually it is you who has no fucking idea of what you are talking about. It was government policy to give bad loans.

Edit: both Bush and Clinton set national goal to raise house ownership. They created incentives that will get bankers to give these loans out. It's not like all bankers fell for this. But government made sure the ones that did were picked as winners.
    By removing regulation yes they created the incentive to give loans.

We got where we are because of deregulation, you then say it was because of regulation, so I asked you a question since you have multiple times in the past talked about deregulating the markets.

It's occurred because the removal of regulation actually. I have no clue how you can say otherwise since the removal of regulations that made giving out loans harder is the whole reason this happened.

Oh really?

I didn't invent your position, all it takes is a look at your post history to prove that. I asked you a question since you seem to think new regulations were the primer to the everyone gets a loan era.
    Last edited by Makestro; 09-18-2012 at 09:49.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

We got where we are because of deregulation, you then say it was because of regulation, so I asked you a question since you have multiple times in the past talked about deregulating the markets.
    I'm pretty sure my stance has always been to reduce regulations and an end to the Fed manipulating the market.

It's occurred because the removal of regulation actually. I have no clue how you can say otherwise since the removal of regulations that made giving out loans harder is the whole reason this happened.
    This didn't happen. Banks have rules regarding loans. They allow for a relaxing of their own rules whenever gov't comes in and "insures" the debt. That is what happened. Gov't coming in and relaxing the rules is more regulation not less.

Oh really?
    Yeah, really.

I didn't invent your position, all it takes is a look at your post history to prove that. I asked you a question since you seem to think new regulations were the primer to the everyone gets a loan era.
    It's not a matter of what I think. It's what happened. Free money from the Fed + F&F guaranteeing all mortgage loans = no risk for the banks so who gives a fuck if people can pay back.

Now add the exponential effect of the derivative sales of these bundled mortgages and you get the financial crisis.

The cause and effect doesn't get much more direct. Gov't regulations/actions caused the bubble and all bubbles burst.

What regulations were relaxed in your opinion that caused the crisis? If you have a better explanation, let's hear it.

7000+

To speak generally, and in regards to finance, the private sector is always miles ahead of regulators, if not in bed with them. What regulation does serve to do is bar entry to markets to those not entrenched.

As for regulations or lack of regulations in this recent fiasco, not only was there not a lack of regulations, but the regulations themselves incentivized concentration in certain investments (see leveraging maximum criteria based on agency ratings).
    Last edited by Vanno; 09-21-2012 at 02:43.

"Everytime you PK a newb, a breakdancer shitkicks a baby."-Goty

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

3000+

Gov't coming in and relaxing the rules is more regulation not less.
    Lol so the definition of deregulation is more regulation.

fucktard alert!

Lol so the definition of deregulation is more regulation.

fucktard alert!
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."