View Poll Results: Were humans around in the ice age?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

    1 3.45%
  • Yes.

    16 55.17%
  • Perhaps.

    5 17.24%
  • My grandpa was an ape.

    7 24.14%
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    5000+ GirlyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,050

    Default What were humans doing in the ice age?

    Future fireage? Does the earth go through fire ages? water ages?

    But were they truly human? Or something more?

  2. #2
    3000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Off-topic
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    During the last ice age Neanderthals occupied what is now modern day Europe. At the same time as the ice age there was also a massive drought and heat wave at the equator, which was occupied by ancient homo-sapiens.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakara View Post
    Obama will be a good president...hes just learning the ropes right now.


    Infraction points counter: 160

  3. #3
    2000+ griM''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordanleroux View Post
    During the last ice age Neanderthals occupied what is now modern day Europe. At the same time as the ice age there was also a massive drought and heat wave at the equator, which was occupied by ancient homo-sapiens.
    I can prove this is all true, as I was there.
    thx KAPUTT for face montage
    http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Bounce_em.swf
    Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    Mindfuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeaph View Post
    VIVA LA DARKFALL

  4. #4
    13,000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Swing Approves
    Posts
    13,245

    Default

    I believe humans existed longer than we have evidence for as great natural disasters like the ice age, flooding and others likely wiped away a lot of the structures, all you have now are great monoliths like the pyramids..etc (I believe the pyramids are old than 3-4k years old).

    This is the thread about one of the pyramid documentaries I really enjoyed: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=324990
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

  5. #5
    5000+ GirlyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,050

    Thumbs up Yes!

    I have about 1000 hours of recorded audio from http://www.redicecreations.com/

    that works out to about.. 24.7 gigs.

    Pyramids were likely a project done over thousands of years. The problem with carbon dating isn't that it doesn't work; but it only captures one period of time and sets a date; yet ironically DO NOT apply their theory of evolution to one of the most important issues of our times.

  6. #6
    4000+ M.Easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    bloodscar
    Posts
    4,725

    Default

    we use to be mermans and mermaids, after the land become inhabitable part of our ancestors traveled upon it and the others continued to be marine animals traveling with whales and hunting with dolphins.

    thought this was common sense, are none of you enlightened yet?

  7. #7
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    with Tasos
    Posts
    624

    Default

    There is actually a theory called the bottleneck theory, which states that during a previous Ice-age it reduced the number of homo-sapiens to about 20,000 breeding pairs. Which explains why we see less diversity in humanity then other species.
    <('.')> ^('.')^ ^('.')> <('.')^ v('.')> <('.')v v('.')v
    The banhammer dance, summons pissed of mod
    _______{}
    ^(>.<)^{}
    Quote Originally Posted by chernobog
    Because your tears sustain us.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles View Post
    There is actually a theory called the bottleneck theory, which states that during a previous Ice-age it reduced the number of homo-sapiens to about 20,000 breeding pairs. Which explains why we see less diversity in humanity then other species.
    http://anthropology.net/2007/07/06/m...-study-claims/

    At about 74,000 years ago, Mount Toba on the island of Sumatra erupted in a massive explosion that supposedly rocked the Middle Palaeolithic world to its very foundations, bringing contemporary human populations to their knees, reducing the global population level to around 15,000 individuals, thereby precipitating a so-called bottle-neck of human evolution, as proposed by Stanley Ambrose, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, discussed in this BBC News article from 1998, and in an essay at the Bradshaw Foundation, in the same year. However, recent discoveries made by Michael Petraglia, from the University of Cambridge, have now cast doubt on this theory…

  9. #9
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I guess they are sleeping and playing starlight story for freeLMAO:
    Last edited by kikimi; 08-29-2012 at 09:20.

  10. #10
    5000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    I believe humans existed longer than we have evidence for as great natural disasters like the ice age, flooding and others likely wiped away a lot of the structures, all you have now are great monoliths like the pyramids..etc (I believe the pyramids are old than 3-4k years old).

    This is the thread about one of the pyramid documentaries I really enjoyed: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=324990
    Sure, Neanderthals had lived in Europe for a very long time before Modern Humans arrived. They might have had some structures and not lived exclusively in caves and basic temporary shelter. You don't need language or civilization to create a basic house. Since they were nomadic, those structures would likely be primitive, small and very few though.

    I think the main destructive forces on the non-biodegradable remains would be rising sea levels and ice ages. For modern humans, you should look in between Egypt and Saudi Arabia and to the west of India as those places are near ancient civilizations and were recently flooded.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

  11. #11
    5000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Easy View Post
    we use to be mermans and mermaids, after the land become inhabitable part of our ancestors traveled upon it and the others continued to be marine animals traveling with whales and hunting with dolphins.

    thought this was common sense, are none of you enlightened yet?
    I remember hearing a bullshit theory on TV that the reason humans are hairless is they used to live a more aquatic life. I'm pretty sure the hairless part is because we left Africa fairly recently and have since starting gaining more body hair for the people that lived in cold places. The types of people that left Africa are basically bushmen, which like Elephants, have wrinkly skin and very little body hair to cope with the heat. I don't see why marine animals would have wrinkly skin at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles View Post
    There is actually a theory called the bottleneck theory, which states that during a previous Ice-age it reduced the number of homo-sapiens to about 20,000 breeding pairs. Which explains why we see less diversity in humanity then other species.
    LoL, there is much more diversity in humans than in other species. Maybe not on the level of DNA though.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

  12. #12
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    904

    Default

    They were just chillin out. GET IT? IM SO FUNNY HAHAHAHA
    -Kael Trighton-

  13. #13

    Default

    Pyramids are at least 12.500 years old (disregard what mainstream archaeologists tell you to keep their nice and neat story from falling apart). Who built them, apes?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •