Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    What is wrong with shooting a guy "in broad daylight"? Are cops only allowed to defend themselves when it is night time or something?
    Exactly. They also left out the part where the guy was running around trying to stab bystanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  2. #17
    1000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Easy View Post
    i personally think cops salary should be based dramatically off the crimes rates in their area. so for example a police officer in Detroit or Flint, MI is going to get paid more than a police officer in Burlington, Vermont. since obviously they're swimming in much dangerous waters and therefor should have their pay impacted on it and the choice to sign up for which ever city they choose.

    but then again the world doesn't ever make much sense to me.

    either way 35k year isn't good and almost any entry factory job makes about that with zero education.
    2days after that policy goes out crimerates in the whole country magically rise.
    oh and they wont let you off for little shit cause less cases less money
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

  3. #18
    1000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Police recruits here start at $25.15 per hour.

    After 54 months they get $84,209.04 base salary plus overtime.

    http://www.seattle.gov/police/jobs/benefits/salary.htm

    City inspectors and employees can make over $100k.

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tehWise View Post
    Police recruits here start at $25.15 per hour.

    After 54 months they get $84,209.04 base salary plus overtime.

    http://www.seattle.gov/police/jobs/benefits/salary.htm

    City inspectors and employees can make over $100k.
    Crazy shit. A cop in Denmark (highest taxed country in the world mind you) get half that amount. Before tax.

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    Following rules would be better than wanting to do good as lots of laws are bad and trying to do good could lead to evidence planting or other types of vigilantism. Lots of police work you wouldn't really need to be a police officer to do either.
    Look behind you. Yeah. That's my point flying right past you.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Because high salary equals integrity. So sayeth the bailout promoter Emolas.
    Having a high ranked police job means you want to protect your integrity, fucktard.

  7. #22
    6000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Counting pills
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Having a high ranked police job means you want to protect your integrity, fucktard.
    Yep. I've done my share questionable stuff in the past. Now that I'm done with school and making real money, you would be hard pressed to get me to do anything to endanger that. Sure people do screw themselves all the time, but most people understand it's not worth the risk anymore.

  8. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Having a high ranked police job means you want to protect your integrity, fucktard.
    Ohh that's what it means. fuck lol. How many corrupt scumbag state officials do you want me to link before you eat that stupid comment?

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    Yep. I've done my share questionable stuff in the past. Now that I'm done with school and making real money, you would be hard pressed to get me to do anything to endanger that. Sure people do screw themselves all the time, but most people understand it's not worth the risk anymore.
    Private or public sector?

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Private or public sector?
    No matter what he answers you're going to find a reason to blame the public sector for something.
    Last edited by Emolas; 08-13-2012 at 17:46.

  11. #26
    6000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Counting pills
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Private or public sector?
    Why would it make a difference?

  12. #27
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    Why would it make a difference?
    Nature of the beast. Public sector = an inside job.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  13. #28
    6000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Counting pills
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Nature of the beast. Public sector = an inside job.
    I guess I still don't understand the point you are trying to make. Assume I cannot read your mind and use more than one sentence.

  14. #29
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    I guess I still don't understand the point you are trying to make. Assume I cannot read your mind and use more than one sentence.
    The public sector polices the private sector so people in the private sector are more concerned with discovery.

    There is no one directly policing the public sector; certainly not to the same extent. Hence the 'inside job' reference. It's easier to pull off an inside job.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  15. #30
    2000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada, Quebec
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Really? they had to shoot him? in Canada we do it right

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •