Default Europa Universalis IV

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWTGEZKzn8

Main Features:

* Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible.
    * Use your Monarch Power: In this new system, a leader's traits will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay.
    * Experience history come to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events.
    * Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographic map in full 3D.
    * Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers in the all-new trade system.
    * Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system.
    * Go online and battle against your friends in a newall-new multiplayer gameplay that features hot-join, improved chat, a new matchmaking server and support for a standalone server.
    * Create your own history and customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire.

Q3 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    Obviously all this in the US...the country where a fanatical worship of science has replaced any true religious sense or any balanced perception of LIFE

Looks like they added a bunch of useless fluff, but I mean the game was already so big. I dunno, I just don't see it being as good as past Europa games.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/cannibal.png

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post
    Looks like they added a bunch of useless fluff, but I mean the game was already so big. I dunno, I just don't see it being as good as past Europa games.
    The same was said about EU3.
    Personally I am extremely happy about the announcement.
    Fuck you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nizzie View Post
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWTGEZKzn8

Main Features:

* Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible.
    * Use your Monarch Power: In this new system, a leader's traits will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay.
    * Experience history come to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events.
    * Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographic map in full 3D.
    * Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers in the all-new trade system.
    * Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system.
    * Go online and battle against your friends in a newall-new multiplayer gameplay that features hot-join, improved chat, a new matchmaking server and support for a standalone server.
    * Create your own history and customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire.

Q3 2013.
    I personally didn't like EU3 that much after playing Vicky 2(after logging like 100 hours or so), so I hope this changes the general theme/style of that game.

Hopefully its so things are more realistic (so many herpaderp Aachen or Cornwall or Cyprus ruling the world games) and the game presents actual difficulties rather than some stupid infamy system.

But since its going to be more moddable, paradox is doing the only thing they ever did right. Make a slate so modders can improve the game.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post
    I personally didn't like EU3 that much after playing Vicky 2(after logging like 100 hours or so), so I hope this changes the general theme/style of that game.

Hopefully its so things are more realistic (so many herpaderp Aachen or Cornwall or Cyprus ruling the world games) and the game presents actual difficulties rather than some stupid infamy system.

But since its going to be more moddable, paradox is doing the only thing they ever did right. Make a slate so modders can improve the game.
    Funny, and I thought Vicky 2 sucked balls.
    Last edited by Hydrogenium; 08-12-2012 at 05:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogenium View Post
    Funny, and I thought Vicky 2 sucked balls.
    Same
    Vordus Shadowlord, creation of evil and darkness of the Alfar land

Hythero Toughleaf, protector of the Mirdain forest

5000+

They should have focused on performance IMO. They have way too many files in all their games of that type which slows your computer down and makes the game take forever to start. Also some games (HoI3) have been unfinishable due to buggy and overly demanding AI.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

HoI 3 is really awesome now, a new expansion is getting released soonish also. Try a mod called Black Ice, its epic.
    Vordus Shadowlord, creation of evil and darkness of the Alfar land

Hythero Toughleaf, protector of the Mirdain forest