Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideologies

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    In what universe?

Am I free to take cannabis (natural plant able to grow anywhere made illegal) as a medicine? Am I free to not pay taxes for shit I don't endorse (war for example)? Am I free to get all the fruits of my labor?

Sure they do. Besides paying for the death industry they also pay for ineffective corporate monopolies induced by their government butt buddies.

Ps. Lovely chart. It really made your case.
    You should be free to do whatever you want with your body. Can't wait for suicide booths to be implemented (no sarcasm, just amusement).

I guess we do not need this "death industry" either. When another mentally disturbed lunatic decides that he was born to rule the rest of the world through brute force I guess you should be willing to bend over and take it in the ass like a bitch. Would love to see what you and anti-gov buddies do when you actually need gov to take care of shit you take for granted.

Where are you from anyways? Wasn't you from like Belgium or Sweden or some other non-factor country that always gets raped like a street whore when some dictator decides to go through it?
    Last edited by karlek; 08-07-2012 at 06:15.

lol. I use the term freedom by its definition.
    No you do not. You truly do think you do, though.

Did not read anything past that.
    Last edited by Emolas; 08-07-2012 at 06:18.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    No you do not. You truly do think you do, though
    Eat up my little statist bitch.

free·dom   [free-duhm] Show IPA
    noun 1. the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.

2. exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.

3. the power to determine action without restraint.

4. political or national independence.

5. personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: a slave who bought his freedom. [/COLOR]
    Did not read anything past that.
    Here's the TL;DR version. You got owned.
    Last edited by Bissen; 08-07-2012 at 06:27.

And the problem is that you think external control comes only in the shape of government.

But yeah, I bet you've solved the mystery that's been philosophized about for thousands of years, just like that.

Dumbass.

Banned

And the problem is that you think external control comes only in the shape of government.

But yeah, I bet you've solved the mystery that's been philosophized about for thousands of years, just like that.

Dumbass.

What mystery and what are the other forces of external control?

"What is freedom"

Money is an example. That's a very obvious external regulation or restraint.

Edit: Owned, by the way.
    Last edited by Emolas; 08-07-2012 at 06:37.

Just a note libertarianism is Anarchism and not anarcho-capitalism which is more related to what you see American Austrians talking about.
    I do not really have trust any ideology. While screaming freedom is nice defining it is another.

As for freedom, i am not at a skill level to debate this. But an interesting read at least is Negative and Positive freedom.
    Last edited by Wufiavelli; 08-07-2012 at 06:37.

Banned

"What is freedom"

Money is an example. That's a very obvious external regulation or restraint.

Edit: Owned, by the way.
    lol. Money is a restraint? In what way?

Today's counterfeit money created out of thin air and then payed back with interest is a restraint, sure. Making us all good little debt slaves. I never said anything of the opposite. Which is why I advocate the free market, sound money and the fall of things that can't stand by it self.

But money in its true form is only a means of GETTING OUT RESTRAINTS. Compared to the alternative, bartering.

Owned? HA!
    Last edited by Bissen; 08-07-2012 at 06:47.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Where are you from anyways? Wasn't you from like Belgium or Sweden or some other non-factor country that always gets raped like a street whore when some dictator decides to go through it?
    Check your history books before you make such a statement in public. It's embarrassing. I feel dirty for providing Bissen with some cover, but it had to be done.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sqarak View Post
    Check your history books before you make such a statement in public. It's embarrassing. I feel dirty for providing Bissen with some cover, but it had to be done.
    No need dirty boy. I deliberately chose not to answer that horseshit.

No.

There will always be wolves. It doesn't matter what placebo they feed the sheep. It won't change the nature of the wolves or what they do.

7000+ EU1 Player

Yes I do believe society can move into a NAP. I believe it would take the removal of our hierarchy, more focus on defining and limiting our egos thus promoting and better defining our importance in the 'whole' and the introduction of a voluntary society.
    Last edited by Nunz; 08-07-2012 at 12:22.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDuck View Post
    Can an ideology ever bring about world peace and stability? For example, communism, libertarianism, etc. And we are assuming all nations agree to follow this ideology. Is there any that isn't flawed?
    The problem is getting the people to live perfect lives according to their nation's ideology.

Also world peace and stability isn't what most ideologies try to achieve anyway.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Yes I do believe society can move into a NAP. I believe it would take the removal of a hierarchy, more focus on defining and limiting our egos thus promoting and better defining our importance in the 'whole' and the introduction of a voluntary society.
    So you are religious. Or might as well be.

It is our ego's we need to advocate. All of us. The status quo is currently doing everything in its power to make us all feel insignificant and part of the flock. And the flock is what the fuck they herd into their liking.

Voluntary society. Absolute freedom is the only way to achieve that.

7000+ EU1 Player

So you are religious. Or might as well be.

It is our ego's we need to advocate. All of us. The status quo is currently doing everything in its power to make us all feel insignificant and part of the flock. And the flock is what the fuck they herd into their liking.

Voluntary society. Absolute freedom is the only way to achieve that.
    I'm not religious. There is certainly a healthy amount of ego. Ego, however, is a tricky mechanism. If we don't have the tools or understand the function of the ego, it shows it's self in areas outside of the view of society. Whether society is trying to make you feel insignificant or not.

Think of it this way, when you tell someone who is better than you at something that they are not and you are both equal, what is the reason for that?

Your ego. Limiting your ego allows for people to be better than you.