Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideologies

Default Ideologies

Can an ideology ever bring about world peace and stability? For example, communism, libertarianism, etc. And we are assuming all nations agree to follow this ideology. Is there any that isn't flawed?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDuck View Post
    Can an ideology ever bring about world peace and stability? For example, communism, libertarianism, etc. And we are assuming all nations agree to follow this ideology. Is there any that isn't flawed?
    no i dont think mandkind can ever truly achieve peace human nature is inherently flawed in this way

Doesn't seem like it.

3000+

Some people are just too fucking dumb to understand any ideology or what it entails.
    Last edited by iza; 08-07-2012 at 04:14.

Communism was an awful system. At first glance it might sound like something wonderful but its mechanics are very flawed. Most people in the democratically ran countries won't understand what those flaws are because a lot of freedoms that people take for granted in democracy are not present during communism.

I am unsure about libertarianism due to limited knowledge about that ideology. From what I understand it advocates a very limited government or not government at all (in the extreme cases).

Those ideologies have some pros and cons in them. I think things can't be painted with the same brush and we must borrow ideas from different places. Each individual problem should be approached and treated on its own individual basis using our best morals and judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by iza View Post
    Some people are just too fucking dumb to understand any ideology or what it entails.
    While others completely misunderstand what it stands for. Grab the core idea and create a corrupted illusion of what they think the ideology they are using means.
    Last edited by karlek; 08-07-2012 at 04:47.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDuck View Post

There is one. It's called freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Freedom is a basic human right, not an ideology.

Sometimes lack of freedom for some is kind of good for everyone else

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Sometimes lack of freedom for some is kind of good for everyone else
    Drugged up patsy is drugged up.

Besides. Freedom doesn't include the right to murder and rob.

Drugged up patsy is drugged up.

Besides. Freedom doesn't include the right to murder and rob.
    You think everything is a conspiracy.

Anyways there are many other things that people should not be allowed to freely do. Are you saying only murders and robbers should have their freedom taken away from them?

Banned

You think everything is a conspiracy.
    Yeah. I think that when multiple eyewitnesses report a conspiracy. Here you go my blue eyed mainstream media sheep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoPqz4bQqJY
    Anyways there are many other things that people should not be allowed to freely do. Are you saying only murders and robbers should have their freedom taken away from them?
    I'm saying as long as you don't harm or steal anyones property people should be free to do what ever the fuck they want. And taxes payed for all the wars. Ever.
    Last edited by Bissen; 08-07-2012 at 05:07.

I'm saying as long as you don't harm or steal anyones property people should be free to do what ever the fuck they want. And taxes payed for all the wars. Ever.
    People who do not harm others (directly nor indirectly) are free to do what ever they want.

Oh and in case you did not know taxes pay for a lot more than wars:

http://www.usfederalbudget.us/united...ding_pie_chart
    Last edited by karlek; 08-07-2012 at 05:36.

Banned

People who do not harm others (directly nor indirectly) are free to do what ever they want.
    In what universe?

Am I free to take cannabis (natural plant able to grow anywhere made illegal) as a medicine? Am I free to not pay taxes for shit I don't endorse (war for example)? Am I free to get all the fruits of my labor?

Oh and in case you did not know taxes pay for a lot more than wars:

http://www.usfederalbudget.us/united...ding_pie_chart

Sure they do. Besides paying for the death industry they also pay for ineffective corporate monopolies induced by their government butt buddies.

Ps. Lovely chart. It really made your case.
    Last edited by Bissen; 08-07-2012 at 06:02.

Bissen, stop using the term "freedom".

You're to freedom like Dansk Folkeparti is to the danish flag. Giving it a bad image.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Bissen, stop using the term "freedom".

You're to freedom like Dansk Folkeparti is to the danish flag. Giving it a bad image.
    lol. I use the term freedom by its definition. You use it as you see fit with all sort of limitations so you can direct other people into your personal preference. Yay Emolas freedom.

You wouldn't know what freedom was if it hit you in the face.

You are to freedom what any state religious authoritarian is to freedom. An enemy of it.
    Last edited by Bissen; 08-07-2012 at 06:13.