Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    6000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    From what I have witnessed a lot of guys who have served in the army have an overall better attitude than their non-military counterparts.
    Yes. It typically does much more good for a person than harm.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDuck View Post
    Forcing anybody to join the army seems kinda strange to me.
    It'll help them. When your country is in an extremely unstable part of the world and constantly lives on the edge of war, your population has to know how to fight and defend themselves.

Hi there,IDF Soldier for 48 more hours here.

Ever since 1948 the Orthodox jews had secured themselves a status quo where they all get paid for studying the bible while they unlike all the other citizens won't have to serve in the military.
    Now,people are sick of the fact they are leeching our money in the name of praying and studying the bible,and just like how in the US all those orthodox Jews don't get their money from the government we think it shouldn't be any different here,you wanna study the bible go ahead but don't expect to live off that.

Now to the more crucial part is that Israel is surrounded by hostile countries,and that's why you have a need for a mandatory service in the army.
    You don't like that? Go ahead and leave,because without an army we won't be standing here today.

I can imagine how hard it is to understand and easy to bitch about when you're half way across the globe with no threats to your country

Sometimes you need to make sacrifices for the overall good,and thats the case here,these guys get ten times the amount of cash we get just because they are some fanatics who are guided by their close minded spiritual leaders to stay dumb,uneducated and blind.
    Last edited by firestrike; 08-07-2012 at 01:06.
    [SUN] Firestrike Frostblade

Firestrike's Real Estate Agency

The whole thing is kind of silly.

Civil service should always be an option for conscientious objectors and cowards.
    (Its not like other countries haven't done this shit since forever)

Anyone know if these kids are enlisted into the regular army or if they have special units for their "levies"?

Edit: Just saw you post Firestrike, you mind filling me in?
    Last edited by The Grixxitt; 08-07-2012 at 01:19.

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post
    The whole thing is kind of silly.

Civil service should always be an option for conscientious objectors and cowards.
    (Its not like other countries haven't done this shit since forever)

Anyone know if these kids are enlisted into the regular army or if they have special units for their "levies"?

Edit: Just saw you post Firestrike, you mind filling me in?
    Its all politics in the end,they breed like crazy (7+ kids per family) so over the years they gathered quite alot of people to support their party in the government so its either you bend over to these guys and have a coalition or you choose to kick their ass and show them they are just like you and me,but then they remove themselves from the coalition and then you gotta have elections again.

Quite a terrible situation where a very very old Status Quo is fucking us in the ass with those leeches.

Just a few numbers:

Normal IDF Soldier Salary Per month:

Combatant:750 NIS
    Office Job:350 NIS

Orthodox Jews:

Combatant:750 (Bearly any of them go combatant)
    Office Jobs: 3000-4000 (The more kids they have the more money they get)

Not to mention instead of 3 years they only serve 1.6 years,and thats the ones THAT DO CHOOSE TO SERVE - ALL THE OTHERS WON'T EVEN DO THAT.

They are the biggest problem we have internally over here,they are leeches and a huge weight on the economy,not to mention they are spreading their retarded ignorant way of "Don't go to uni and get educated or work,keep studying the Torah (Bible) and you'll get paid!"
    In the end they end up having way too many kids,no money and they are all poor.

I Despise them.
    Last edited by firestrike; 08-07-2012 at 02:13.
    [SUN] Firestrike Frostblade

Firestrike's Real Estate Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    Yes. It typically does much more good for a person than harm.
    Not sure if sarcasm or not. But military discipline and training usually bring beneficial things. A lot of kids who live in the ghetto would use some order in their lives to get out of cycle of drugs and violence.

I am not talking about active combat. But keep in mind it is very important to have experienced soldiers in case another lunatic rises up and decides to conquer the whole world.

Edit: Firestrike this might be off topic but I have noticed some of people on the forumfall that have very anti-Israel views where anything Israel does is offensive. They claim that it is an unconstitutional state which should be removed from the map. What are you views on Israel's right to exist?
    Last edited by karlek; 08-07-2012 at 02:20.

12,000+

I heard that bunch of orthodox jews beat a girl from the army for not sitting in the back of the bus. This was recent like several month ago. This could be the fall out.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    I heard that bunch of orthodox jews beat a girl from the army for not sitting in the back of the bus. This was recent like several month ago. This could be the fall out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTGCXkcyTM

Tough when it comes to harassing women and little girls. Cowards when it comes to defending their own country in which they expect to live in and leech from. These people are the ones who give Jews bad rep.

Edit: Firestrike this might be off topic but I have noticed some of people on the forumfall that have very anti-Israel views where anything Israel does is offensive. They claim that it is an unconstitutional state which should be removed from the map. What are you views on Israel's right to exist?
    The people who say that are fools. Israel can do whatever it wants. A piece of paper means nothing unless it is backed by something.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/cannibal.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTGCXkcyTM

Tough when it comes to harassing women and little girls. Cowards when it comes to defending their own country in which they expect to live in and leech from. These people are the ones who give Jews bad rep.
    now i remember these are the people that spit throw stones at christians + a lot of other shit
    they maybe are leeches but is it wise to have such psychos in the military?

6000+ Long term follower

Not sure if sarcasm or not. But military discipline and training usually bring beneficial things. A lot of kids who live in the ghetto would use some order in their lives to get out of cycle of drugs and violence.

I am not talking about active combat. But keep in mind it is very important to have experienced soldiers in case another lunatic rises up and decides to conquer the whole world.

I was serious. My 3 closest friends in high school were all fuck ups. Two have been to prison and/or hooked on drugs, the other join up at 20 and is a perfectly normal adult. Nothing but the Army saved the 3rd, imo.

Military service is used in order to have a large population capable of armed combat, should the need arise. This is impossible using a professional army.

It is a bit outdated, though, in this time and age.
    Last edited by Emolas; 08-07-2012 at 03:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bulleteus View Post
    now i remember these are the people that spit throw stones at christians + a lot of other shit
    they maybe are leeches but is it wise to have such psychos in the military?
    I think the rest of Israeli people feel insulted because since everyone has to serve in the army to be ready to protect their homeland while these assholes expect to do nothing and get everything. They should give a lot more back if they expect to live in their "promised land" with the rest of Israeli people.

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Military service is used in order to have a large population capable of armed combat, should the need arise. This is impossible using a professional army.

It is a bit outdated, though, in this time and age.
    There is always a risk of some new Ghengis Khan, Alexander the Great, or Hitler rising up and deciding it is their right to conquer the rest of the world. The rest of the world who is actively seeking peace should be able to defend itself.

Also there is an issue with the younger generations getting worse and worse when it comes to the basic moral principles. Due to awful upbringing some of these kids have their lives screwed up and the army could be the last attempt to try and fix some of them. For some it could be a last chance to learn how to function in a normal society.

Banned

Having a large standing conscript army is questionable from a logistics standards. It costs a lot to keep up and many units turn out subpar and under equipped.

As for the moral standard behind that i would say that depends on the necessity of the system. If a draft is needed to protect a democracy than I would say the government does have the right, if not than it does not.