Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My DF2.0 Wish!

Normal User

I wish it had armour dyes like we were spose to have in hellfreeze and I wish for the NA server to be back on US west so I dont have 300 ping from Australia

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Lashiec9 View Post
    I wish it had armour dyes like we were spose to have in hellfreeze and I wish for the NA server to be back on US west so I dont have 300 ping from Australia
    Too bad. Guess who benefited from the NA server moving the the NA east?

The NA people.

Blargh.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf
    Nigel is probably the best player in the game imho. Flawlesses me in duels all the time.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by gloomis View Post
    Post your wishes for Darkfall 2.0!

I wish: that the GUI rework together with the new Armour-spec system will enable me to play DF2.0 without breaking my fingers and constructing 200 AHK scripts just to be able to fight.

Your turn!
    money says you've never 'constructed' a hotkey script
    -Pro Bot-

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Bot View Post
    money says you've never 'constructed' a hotkey script
    And you would loose that bet.

14 Years of programming experience
    Master degree in computer science

Do you relly think that I could play Darkfall and NOT construct my own AHK scripts instead of using others?

-Sorry but your comment was completely unwarranted, and off track, for this thread and you should have refrained from making it. Now get out if this thread.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Thornbery View Post
    Too bad. Guess who benefited from the NA server moving the the NA east?

The NA people.
    False. It only helped the NA east coast people. It hurt the NA west coast, Australia, Brazil, and I'm sure others.

Server move was a bad move. Not game breaking, but made more people mad then happy.More people play from California than any other state. I personally went from 5-20 ping to 90-120. I can deal with it, but i would obviously rather have better ping.

Hopefully Darkfall 2.0 delivers and they can open up a second NA Server. That would satisfy both sides.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by philberman View Post
    False. It only helped the NA east coast people. It hurt the NA west coast, Australia, Brazil, and I'm sure others.

Server move was a bad move. Not game breaking, but made more people mad then happy.More people play from California than any other state. I personally went from 5-20 ping to 90-120. I can deal with it, but i would obviously rather have better ping.

Hopefully Darkfall 2.0 delivers and they can open up a second NA Server. That would satisfy both sides.
    You're a moron. You have no statistical proof that shows more people from California play. I am almost certain that there are more players on the Eastern seaboard who play... which is why they moved the server. 5-20 ping? You don't need that, that's an unfair advantage you little shit. 90 is normal, welcome to the rest of the NA server. Last time I checked Australia wasn't in North America, so I don't consider Australians part of North America, so I don't consider them affected by our server's changes.

Blargh.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf
    Nigel is probably the best player in the game imho. Flawlesses me in duels all the time.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Thornbery View Post
    You're a moron. You have no statistical proof that shows more people from California play. I am almost certain that there are more players on the Eastern seaboard who play... which is why they moved the server. 5-20 ping? You don't need that, that's an unfair advantage you little shit. 90 is normal, welcome to the rest of the NA server. Last time I checked Australia wasn't in North America, so I don't consider Australians part of North America, so I don't consider them affected by our server's changes.
    Which is why he said the state with most players. I think it's the most populated state so that's not surprising. Also having great ping and probably worse ping in most other games for Californians would make more of the subscribe. There is a lot more potential users on he east coast though, but we won't really see much of them until the game gets a lot of new users. Probably won't happen until 2.0.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

That mobs drop exactly like they wear, similar to how it was initially.
    Specially that some mobs drop specific scrolls and items that you want to grind them for. Like I can grind g-shamans right now for shards.

I'd dungeons to have a "end boss" that always drop a specific scroll, if someone in the group ( yes add that aswel ) doesn't have that skill to max, or doesn't have it at all.
    Even if skills are now very easy to get, it would be allot more interesting if there were some areas where you could grind for them specifically. Like learning Swordsmanship or Fireball, + 1-10 from every Dark Knight you kill.

And that melee and archer skills equal the amount of spells available, even if the spells available are reduced to only provide a few with equal traits and not all the same but with a minimal modifier to mana cost, damage and cast time.

That quests are more tied into the environment, so that NPCs provide quests for a reason and logical, would be even better if they were "dynamic" so that some quests only appeared at certain times.

Given this example before:
    Say a NPC city has its walls broken down, now you have the quest to rebuild them. Gather stones, build modules etc. Finally be the one to build a piece of the wall. Very dynamic, learning and fun at the same time.

Maybe you get access to a query and a workbench ot speed things up.
    You cannot run away with the items you get, then you're considered a rogue, and the NPC tower will gibb you. If you run and survive ( being healed etc ) you get minus alignment, so it's not beneficial to try rip of the system.

I'm certain not many new players have been participating in city building which is another aspect, one I hope is used even more in 2.0

Similar quests could be arranged for nearly everything, if they are dynamic, it cannot be used to "grind" skills either.

Maybe a ship-building quest, just remember that giving unique items which are used in the quest ( 200 worth of timer item, which cannot be used in normal crafting) is an easy way to speed things up, and still make it appearent how things work, and make them feel that they do something worthwhile.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by TradeCartel View Post
    I walk through the desolate NPC towns quite a bit and see obvious places where there's an Inn or an outdoor cafe, but I can't sit at the table with a group of adventurers in a tavern, have an ale, and share stories of my exploits
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSSzpsU_wdA