Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Slaker View Post
    god you are dumb.
    I actually kind of felt the same way. And mind you, I actually worked at GSFC for 3 years as a graduate.
    For them to not only broadcast live but to heavily advertise (to the extent where they built a highly detailed animated simulation - how much did that cost?) something that they themselves admit is extremely risky... well it really feels like a publicity stunt at the very least.

"It's sooo risky... but we are so sure it's going to work we are going to make sure everyone sees it." Makes me wonder: did they really go to Mars?

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    Zubrin and Sagan, definitely not in the same league. Zubrin is a bully pushing this agenda for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Ok but that is on the level of preparing for space invasion and preparing for black hole opening. So yes it could hurt us. Instead of preparing for something from sci-fi we should be making more things to be able to afford that without compromising our standard of living.

Look at how birth rates go down in 1st world countries. People are not dumb they stop making kids when it becomes harder to survive or becomes cramped.
    I think it had more to do comfort and options than people making a conscious effort to stop baby making.

Also research normally requires a high degree of randomness, waste, and sharing ideas. Not technically the best venture for a capitalist who wants all his risk calculated and idea to become his property.
    Last edited by Wufiavelli; 08-07-2012 at 16:45.