Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Majority? Got a source on that? Lambo doesn't. Ferrari doesn't. Porsche doesn't. Koeniggs egg doesn't. McLaren doesn't. Bugatti doesn't. Zonda doesn't.

So... Majority.....
    Did I run over your cat one day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Did I run over your cat one day?
    Aww. Come one now Chazzy. Giving up so easily isn't like you.

11,000+

Aww. Come one now Chazzy. Giving up so easily isn't like you.
    I'm not even starting. You missed the point of my post once again. You do this so often it seems like you have some kind of personal vendetta against me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

13,000+

That's my job.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    I'm not even starting. You missed the point of my post once again. You do this so often it seems like you have some kind of personal vendetta against me.
    lol. I'm like this to every one. You should know this by now. Even Stainless and EE get the devils advocate treatment from time to time.

I did not miss your point in the slightest however. There is no car control. If there was it would be legislated so and bound to say.... THE SPEED LIMIT? The speed limit you speak of is the manufacturers themselves putting so called governor devices in their cars. They mainly go into touring cars (not super cars, E.G. the post you quoted initially) and can be circumvented legally in many nations.

And here is the actual reason.

German manufacturers initially started the "gentlemen's agreement", electronically limiting their vehicles to a top speed of 250 kilometres per hour (155 mph), since such high speeds are more likely on the Autobahn. This was done to reduce the political willpower to introduce a legal speed limit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_%28device%29#Cars
    Research. It sucks ey?
    Last edited by Bissen; 08-07-2012 at 11:14.

Majority? Got a source on that? Lambo doesn't. Ferrari doesn't. Porsche doesn't. Koeniggs egg doesn't. McLaren doesn't. Bugatti doesn't. Zonda doesn't.

So... Majority.....
    Lol its the PAGANI Zonda mate get it right. But yeah, lol@majority, some trucks have limiters in Europe i am aware but its few and far between.

Normal User

Even the limiters by most auto makers when it comes to sport cars are usually not far from the top speed and are normally done to protect the motor/your life or from getting caught up in legal mess if something fails to perform. There's plenty of places in the US that allow you to play with your toys legally at any speed you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxdie View Post
    Lol its the PAGANI Zonda mate get it right. But yeah, lol@majority, some trucks have limiters in Europe i am aware but its few and far between.
    Most US cars are governed at 105 MPH. (this isnt admitted by anybody that I know of, but do a quick google search for my car wont go over 105 mph) I've pushed plenty of cars to that and you can tell it is governed. But nobody admits it that I know of.

All US cars starting with the 2015 Model year will be required to have "black boxes" or event data recorders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegler View Post
    Most US cars are governed at 105 MPH. (this isnt admitted by anybody that I know of, but do a quick google search for my car wont go over 105 mph) I've pushed plenty of cars to that and you can tell it is governed. But nobody admits it that I know of.

All US cars starting with the 2015 Model year will be required to have "black boxes" or event data recorders.
    Ive driven at least 4 cars way over that speed in the states that i am certain of. I've been in god knows how many while the driver took them past that speed. I did a quick google search as you asked and nothing even remotely related to speed governing in the US comes up. Some models have them but most are driver controlled, and looking at the number of manufacturers who actually place them in vehicles, i would not even come close to concluding that "most US cars are governed at 105 mph." Ive driven a pontiac grand prix, a 2005 mustang, a porsche 911, and a chevy zr1 all considerably over that limit.