Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Vanguard was fun as hell at launch with the unique classes and world you could actually explore in. The pvp wasn't even remotely balanced but it was so fun to kill people as they pve'd deep in a dungeon, fuck instances. Hopefully they reopen a pvp server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare UDL View Post
    Thats us 2v1 ing you easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblighter View Post
    Whats the opinion on which classes are the most fun?
    I want to try this but I don't want to get turned off by a boring class.
    Bloodmage was the most fun from my memories of short playtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Pfft. They didn't "sell out" - Microsoft essentially dropped them because of how little progress they were making throughout the beta.
    Actually, Microsoft dropped them because the company changed CEOs and management, and the new guys weren't interesting in making an MMORPG. And there's a huge market for hardcore games, Vanguard sold like crazy at launch. If it hadn't been forced out 8 months early by SoE it probably would be sitting at the top of the market right now, behind WoW. Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to launch the same week as Burning Crusade? Now they're doing the same thing with Guild Wars 2...

Bloodmage, Disciple, Druid..
    Last edited by Signus; 08-06-2012 at 17:41.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

1000+

Depends on what role you like. All the classes are pretty unique, some more than others.

Blood mages, bards, dread knights, disciples, psionicists are probably the most different from MMO convention, but all of the classes are unique in one way or another.

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

I'd really like to see this F2P relaunch succeed.

It's funny, I was actually looking at the Vanguard page (on a whim) the night before the announcement was made., and it was the first time I'd even thought about Vanguard in years. Must be the hive mind.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

Normal User

Default Vanguard Rocks!

I loved this game and played off and on for a while until they closed the FFA PVP server, and population got to low. Can't wait to play again with the new FTP releases.

11,000+

A handy chart detailing what F2P players get: http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/im...rship_page.jpg

For current Vanguard players, how restrictive is this? I know we're not getting the billions of races/classes but it doesn't seem terribly restrictive on a gameplay basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    I'd really like to see this F2P relaunch succeed.

It's funny, I was actually looking at the Vanguard page (on a whim) the night before the announcement was made., and it was the first time I'd even thought about Vanguard in years. Must be the hive mind.
    That's weird, I was actually thinking about trying Vanguard again just before this was announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    A handy chart detailing what F2P players get: http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/im...rship_page.jpg

For current Vanguard players, how restrictive is this? I know we're not getting the billions of races/classes but it doesn't seem terribly restrictive on a gameplay basis.

That's weird, I was actually thinking about trying Vanguard again just before this was announced.
    Is this recent? Because I know that they were contemplating this:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/po...topic_id=57701

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Galadourn View Post
    That info is newer, which is nice to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadourn View Post
    Currently I can make any race/class I want, is there a level cap not mentioned for free accounts?

The 15 bucks truly isnt an issue, just curious why everything's wide open at character creation.

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

2000+ Long term follower

I played the shit out of Vanguard at release, was the 2nd Disciple to hit max lvl back then(QQ midterms!). Game was buggy as all hell, on release level 30+ mobs either glitched out and 1 shot you or they didn't fight back.
    I had a ton of fun playing that game on release, just the end-game was not finished then and I ended up quitting because of that. Awesome ideas for an MMO back then though, still a lot of innovative shit in the game. I remember the crafting system being pretty nuts and the diplomacy was a badass addition to MMO's.

I personally love the class design of the game, all the classes were interesting to play and the world(at the time) was up their with early EQ as far as exploration and adventure goes.

Also: One of the main reasons the game flopped on release was how incomplete it was, but the game itself was a huge tax on computers at the time. I had plenty of friends purchase the game who could barely play it on machines that were only 6 months old at the time. A lot of people purchased and never really got into it because of that.
    Last edited by xarnthal; 08-07-2012 at 16:34.
    Sennheiser - Assist - Thage
    O.o
    EV

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    games that are 100% twitch base are also shallow and don't leave very much room for strategy/tactics.

IRC Moderator

I think currently you can play any race/class combination but only up until level 20. If you play one of the free races/classes you can play until level cap. It's actually the most open FTP system I've ever seen, I don't know why so many were complaining. You get all the quests, all the zones, everything. Meanwhile we have garbage like LotRO where you have to buy quest packs and buy individual zones.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

I'm already downloading btw...dunno if i'll be able to log in though.

If this gets the population up significantly then I will play again. I wound up buying a copy for like $3 a few years ago but the world was too dead for me.