Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
    But none of that matters... Monster camps will respawn, and my footprint on the world won't be felt or noticed. PvP adds and creates persistence in the world because it removes the artificial restrictions that are in place..
    Not really. At the end of the day, no matter who you kill, the game world hasn't changed forever.

What MMOs have above everything else is simulating a world that goes on without you, and encouraging and giving you tools to interact with other people. Vanguard, despite not having PvP, gives you far more tools to socialize and interact with people, than most other modern day MMOs. It's world is more details, it's dungeons better designed, and its encounters more complex and harder than other games. That is why I will play it. The interesting classes, lore, the grouping, the sailing, the diplomacy, the crafting, the exploration...

Just because a game is singleplayer, doesn't mean it'll have an interesting world to explore. VG's world IS interesting, for me and many others. It doesn't feel nearly as artificial as WoW or LotRO.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Fuck. Yes.

This is, by far, the best PvE game on the market. It's the most immersive game world with the BEST dungeons to date.

The only real downsides up until now were... the lack of PvP and the small development team. The latter problem has now been fixed.

Seriously, if you like exploring, doing group content, and playing in a game WORLD, play this game. Here's an old fan trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6TrEPSr50
    You lost me at riding unicorns.
    ...not recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    He's right. Looks kind of gay.
    http://i.imgur.com/vSFvJ.png

Fuck. Yes.

This is, by far, the best PvE game on the market. It's the most immersive game world with the BEST dungeons to date.

The only real downsides up until now were... the lack of PvP and the small development team. The latter problem has now been fixed.

Seriously, if you like exploring, doing group content, and playing in a game WORLD, play this game. Here's an old fan trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6TrEPSr50
    I remember when this came out I was kinda dissapointed with the meh' reviews and never tried it but I will diffently be jumping in now.

Downloaded this game a few days ago b/c I'd heard about it on various forums.

Was pretty disappointed with things so far, I havent encountered anything besides the standard go here, kill that sort of braindead questing. Maybe I'll give it another shot if I find the time to play before GW2 starts.

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

2000+ Long term follower

Not really. At the end of the day, no matter who you kill, the game world hasn't changed forever.

What MMOs have above everything else is simulating a world that goes on without you, and encouraging and giving you tools to interact with other people. Vanguard, despite not having PvP, gives you far more tools to socialize and interact with people, than most other modern day MMOs. It's world is more details, it's dungeons better designed, and its encounters more complex and harder than other games. That is why I will play it. The interesting classes, lore, the grouping, the sailing, the diplomacy, the crafting, the exploration...

Just because a game is singleplayer, doesn't mean it'll have an interesting world to explore. VG's world IS interesting, for me and many others. It doesn't feel nearly as artificial as WoW or LotRO.
    PvP matters because players can create cities, destroy guilds, enemy cities, raise and army, build outposts to protect mines ect. Things will happen in a world that matter because the players in it will be affected... how they act and what the do can change based on what happens in a world with player freedom. I log in the next morning and thing could be turned upside-down in a pvp mmo.

Guess what happens in a PvE mmo while you're not playing: the same thing that always happens. Players go to spawns, kill monsters, brag about loot. How does any of that matter in your persistent world? Sure stuff "happened" while you weren't playing, but not really, nothing impactfull really ever happens in a pve mmo. Sure you can meet people and form relationships but I can do that on a message board for some piece of shit mmo that flopped...

So you're never going to convince me that the PvE experience will be better in an mmo than a Single player game. Imo it CAN'T be until mmo's break away from the Everquest mold.

If you want to argue that Vanguard is the shiniest or least smelly piece of shit in the pve mmo toilet then I guess I'll go ahead and agree...
    Last edited by Erratic; 08-05-2012 at 04:42.
    Killer 93% Socializer 53% Achiever 40% Explorer 13%

Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    hey, do you know what i've been through to get mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
    Why would I play an mmo for pve, when I could play a single player game that would be better in every way.
    same reason non pvp WoW servers exist
    DFUW - Remington Steele
    DF (Retired) - Dorazio Lackioveli

UO Player: January 2001 - April 2012
    DF Player: March 2009 - November 2012
    DFUW Player: December 2012 - Present

Its similar to WoW&Co. The world is big but its copy paste. Tab target game, global CD, instanced, etc, etc.
    Very few players, big world...the ideas are nice but if the core of the game is poor few are playing.

Its the kind of game where you get very hyped until you actually play it and you see the basics sucks. At that point I quit just as I did with EvE.
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

apparently now with the F2P model more players will join the game.

Quote Originally Posted by malebogia View Post
    Its similar to WoW&Co. The world is big but its copy paste. Tab target game, global CD, instanced, etc, etc.
    Very few players, big world...the ideas are nice but if the core of the game is poor few are playing.

Its the kind of game where you get very hyped until you actually play it and you see the basics sucks. At that point I quit just as I did with EvE.
    There is little hope for people that want a true sandbox MMORPG.

Either you get a polished theme park that's only fun for a month, if that... or you get a pointless quake style death arena with average graphics. Nothing has all of the elements.

Yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    There is little hope for people that want a true sandbox MMORPG.

Either you get a polished theme park that's only fun for a month, if that... or you get a pointless quake style death arena with average graphics. Nothing has all of the elements.
    Not sure if you've ever heard of this game but, Roma Victor had a good chance of becoming what you would really want but failed due to having the worst CEO I've ever seen for a video game company.
    trick your eyes over ere...
    http://eyetricks.com/

6000+

I loved this game so much, it reminded me of EQ1. I would play it if it had the PvP servers.

Former Captain of the COS Van Cleef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiDxkAiSAmw
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpig! View Post
    you just remind me of the little cry baby fgts that I used to take lunch money from in elementary school

13,000+

Might give it a go.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

2000+

About damn time, hopefully they fixed a lot of the errors in this game since it's release, it's got boat crafting, you can have a house, it's got a pretty deep crafting system (very complex for the matter) and it is heavily gear based.. It's got like 15 races also (pretty cool..)

My only real complaints is that combat is very slow, it's too gear based and they should just pitch the level system and make it skill based.. Probably too late for that now though, other than that, solid game.. Graphics are out-dated, considering it has been since what, like 07? Basically made up of all the same developers as the first Everquest, same team was behind it.. And I don't mind tab target MMO's, I like action combat systems like what Age of Conan, DC Universe and DDO have, combat in The Secret World ain't bad either..

I think this is the game that Archeage is inspiring from, so much similarities, that and UO.. Archeage is more of modern version of the classic MMO's we love.. (DAOC, EQ, UO) etc.. Ya, real MMO's with real communities..

Oh, and the world in Vanguard is ROUND.. Literally, it's the only MMO I have played that has a world that is ROUND.. You travel to the other side of the map say you are sailing North, you will end up on the South side of the map.. Yeah, it's awesome..
    Last edited by Eyrothath; 08-05-2012 at 13:30.