Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast

Default Vanguard: Free to Play launch

2000+ Long term follower

Never played this game. What was/is the PvP going to be like. Is it completely open world pvp?
    Killer 93% Socializer 53% Achiever 40% Explorer 13%

IRC Moderator

Fuck. Yes.

This is, by far, the best PvE game on the market. It's the most immersive game world with the BEST dungeons to date.

The only real downsides up until now were... the lack of PvP and the small development team. The latter problem has now been fixed.

Seriously, if you like exploring, doing group content, and playing in a game WORLD, play this game. Here's an old fan trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6TrEPSr50

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Agreed, and the crafting was top notch. Just dead empty world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

2000+ Long term follower

Why would I play an mmo for pve, when I could play a single player game that would be better in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
    Why would I play an mmo for pve, when I could play a single player game that would be better in every way.
    Cause coop, cause gankers.

3000+

PvE can be great in an MMO if the Enviroment requires you to use team work for certain mobs.

I hate this inadequate line of logic. PVE, even solo, in an MMO is superior for the sheer fact that you're living in a persistent world that constantly evolves and matures with or without you. You playing alone, is still more exciting knowing to the fact that there are other people out there. Also, the scope of an mmo is massive, far larger than any single player game.

Yummy.

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I hate this inadequate line of logic. PVE, even solo, in an MMO is superior for the sheer fact that you're living in a persistent world that constantly evolves and matures with or without you. You playing alone, is still more exciting knowing to the fact that there are other people out there. Also, the scope of an mmo is massive, far larger than any single player game.
    So when you say massive/persistent world you mean a boring lifeless world where mobs stand around in various camps waiting for you to attack them, at which point they display no form of intelligence whatsoever. Afterwards you move onto a new spawn camp with new enemies who display the same lack of intelligence. And you do that over and over until you hit cap at which point you do more of the same to get cool phat loot to brag about.

OMG THAT'S WAY BETTER than single player pc games...

Give me a break. Persistence only matters when players are impacting the word they live in. And that only happens when you have meaningful pvp and player driven conflict.

Don't bother responding until you remove the tampon from your carebear ass. PvE mmo. What a joke...

Single player games rarely are different. Mobs usually stand around in one location. They respawn just like in mmos. Yeah, the story might be a bit more fleshed out with voice acting, which is why I do play both types of games.

I am saying they both have real merit, and neither is worthy of being singled out as bad.

Yummy.

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    Single player games rarely are different. Mobs usually stand around in one location. They respawn just like in mmos. Yeah, the story might be a bit more fleshed out with voice acting, which is why I do play both types of games.

I am saying they both have real merit, and neither is worthy of being singled out as bad.
    Bad single player games are bad, yeah. But a good single player game is like a good movie, you're attached to the characters the setting, the action/set pieces simply make those things better.

Mmo's simply fail on that level, but they're not single player games so they shouldn't try to be. Which is why it's infuriating to see so many shitty pvp mmo's out there...

Bad single player games are bad, yeah. But a good single player game is like a good movie, you're attached to the characters the setting, the action/set pieces simply make those things better.

Mmo's simply fail on that level, but they're not single player games so they shouldn't try to be. Which is why it's infuriating to see so many shitty pvp mmo's out there...
    So was SWGs PVE bad? Do you think the persistent growing world was bad? There's an exception to everything, I think you should at least try thr game thats posted.
    Last edited by griM'; 08-05-2012 at 00:30.
    thx KAPUTT for face montage
    http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Bounce_em.swf
    Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    Mindfuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeaph View Post
    VIVA LA DARKFALL

5000+

i'll probably pick up this game again soon

i really enjoyed vanguard but i just couldn't get into it like i wanted to because of the completely dead world.
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

IRC Moderator

Because a singleplayer world doesn't go on without you, and there are no people to group with and see in the thousands exploring the world. This game has no instances.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Because a singleplayer world doesn't go on without you, and there are no people to group with and see in the thousands exploring the world. This game has no instances.
    But none of that matters... Monster camps will respawn, and my footprint on the world won't be felt or noticed. PvP adds and creates persistence in the world because it removes the artificial restrictions that are in place..