Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    10,000+

Default What happens when guns are banned...

Normal User

So stuipd, they take guns away from the lawful people and the criminals will just get unregistered guns.

When are fucktards gonna understand... Laws dont deter criminals... its in thier very nature to BREAK THE LAW FFS. Disarming the law abiding citizens will only encourage the criminals.

K E L S E N | R A V E N H E A R T
    Imperator of | I M P E R I U M

7000+

Nope, nobody with an agenda here.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

Banned

haha you guys and your guns..

If lets say a law like this would get in, noone would have guns except for police enforcement.

Hence when you have this you would make another law banning all guns and police could simply put people to jail if they had guns on them.

Then the armed killings would cease for abit as getting a gun would get way more expensive, and walking around with one would send you straight to jail for a long period of time.

Armed muggings would be done with alternatives as knives/brassknuckles/baseball bats etc. which usually have a way lesser chance of a lethal kill.

This would all ofcourse happen over a course of time, but there is no doubt in my mind that violence with death involved would drastically decrease.

Not saying violence would calm down (you have a shit ton of other problems to handle first) but it would just have way less deaths involved.

Sorry for gramma and bad english this is my second language.

1000+

Bullshit, if someone is going to kill, steal and break the law they will regardless without a gun or with a blunt weapon or knife. It most cases those criminals will get a gun either way and without a person to defend themselves with a firearm it will be easy for them to get away. Not only that but having only government officials with firearms is folly in itself as well.

I don't even own a gun and can see why they are necessary. Usa founding fathers gave us the 2nd amendment for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Laegoll View Post
    ForzikTheFeared,
    LOOK ME IN THE FACE BEFORE YOU CUM!!!13234

I bet you can't. :lmao:

Quote Originally Posted by lamer2tm View Post
    haha you guys and your guns..

If lets say a law like this would get in, noone would have guns except for police enforcement.

Hence when you have this you would make another law banning all guns and police could simply put people to jail if they had guns on them.

Then the armed killings would cease for abit as getting a gun would get way more expensive, and walking around with one would send you straight to jail for a long period of time.

Armed muggings would be done with alternatives as knives/brassknuckles/baseball bats etc. which usually have a way lesser chance of a lethal kill.

This would all ofcourse happen over a course of time, but there is no doubt in my mind that violence with death involved would drastically decrease.

Not saying violence would calm down (you have a shit ton of other problems to handle first) but it would just have way less deaths involved.

Sorry for gramma and bad english this is my second language.
    You talk as if pat downs are common.
    Kiyayne Sidorin

Official Gentlemen DOGEnation address
    DGentooHhZ5p5zueqYabxh7AZqi7J8Gwkq

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyayne View Post
    You talk as if pat downs are common.
    Apparantly it is.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by ForzikTheFeared View Post
    Not only that but having only government officials with firearms is folly in itself as well.
    Works pretty well in Canada. /thread

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

The problem in Australia isn't that some firearms were outlawed, it's that they used to be legal.
    Last edited by Emolas; 08-04-2012 at 04:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    Works pretty well in Canada. /thread
    This isn't really true, there's just a certain amount of red tape, and you just can't be a fucking criminal to get a gun. Here in Canada any citizen can get a legal carry permit for a handgun, and alot of big game hunters carry handguns with him to fight off animals when doing baits.
    I find it annoying that people think guns are banned in canada when they're actually not...just can't buy an ak47, which no one needs anyway.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Forker View Post
    This isn't really true, there's just a certain amount of red tape, and you just can't be a fucking criminal to get a gun. Here in Canada any citizen can get a legal carry permit for a handgun, and alot of big game hunters carry handguns with him to fight off animals when doing baits.
    I find it annoying that people think guns are banned in canada when they're actually not...just can't buy an ak47, which no one needs anyway.
    I'm totally fine with people being able to carry small firearms, but there's absolutely no reason to allow people to legally buy assault rifles or high caliber handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    I'm totally fine with people being able to carry small firearms, but there's absolutely no reason to allow people to legally buy assault rifles or high caliber handguns.
    Spoken like a true gun-ban proponent. And by that i mean someone who literally has no clue wtf they are talking about when it comes to firearms. Stop throwing around words you do not know the meaning of, save yourself some embarrassment. As for the vid, regardless of the statistics, i feel for gun collector's who watched their pride and joy burned. I've got around 14 locked in a safe you couldn't break into without a thermal lance, and yet theres people who would want to take my babies away and torch them. Half of them are pieces of history at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxdie View Post
    Spoken like a true gun-ban proponent. And by that i mean someone who literally has no clue wtf they are talking about when it comes to firearms. Stop throwing around words you do not know the meaning of, save yourself some embarrassment. As for the vid, regardless of the statistics, i feel for gun collector's who watched their pride and joy burned. I've got around 14 locked in a safe you couldn't break into without a thermal lance, and yet theres people who would want to take my babies away and torch them. Half of them are pieces of history at this point.
    because collectable guns could never be used to kill someone

"hey look, I've got an sks from some asian war, it's a collector's item I swear... it only shoots 7.62x39 caliber, and only 10 will fit in the magazine at a time, it couldn't possibly hurt anyone it's basically a toy, a piece of history"

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Foxdie View Post
    What part of "I'm fine with people owning small firearms" means I want to ban guns? And despite the inane insults (I know what an assault rifle is, and I know what caliber means), you didn't say a damn thing about why it's fine for people to buy assault rifles. Just because you have a well protected collection doesn't mean everyone is that careful.

Don't even know why I bother arguing about it. I've never once heard a compelling argument for allowing any weapon to be bought and sold. It usually starts and ends with "I ain't givin' up mah guns".
    Last edited by mcap; 08-04-2012 at 11:38.