Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    11,000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, obviously
    Posts
    11,796

    Default Off to a "Roman" Restaurant Tonight

    Anyone know what I'm to expect?

    Of course I've done Italian and Greek before, but Roman seems oddly specific. Are they going to lie me down and feed me grapes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

  2. #2
    Banned XiposV1LE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    344

    Default


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Anyone know what I'm to expect?

    Of course I've done Italian and Greek before, but Roman seems oddly specific. Are they going to lie me down and feed me grapes?
    Italian food that is specific to rome. You will probably recognize dishes if you have been to any upscale Italian restaurants. Carbonara and alfredo are two common roman sauces. Lamb is very popular in roman cooking. Deserts will tend to have some sort of ricotta.

  4. #4
    11,000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, obviously
    Posts
    11,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    Lamb is very popular in roman cooking.
    No wonder my Dad suggested it...

    I'll admit I'm a little disappointed. I was looking forward to the grapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Romans invented the hamburger. So you're in for a treat.

  6. #6
    14,000+ Swing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Swing Approves
    Posts
    14,059

    Default

    You have to wear a toga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    hi devs o/
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Ma$$^ View Post
    \o
    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Sigged for proof of Dev existence
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Ma$$^ View Post
    ^Ma$$^ approves
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladino View Post
    I'm old , gay and have no hair left , i will probably die before df1 comes back out. IM GAY !

  7. #7
    11,000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, obviously
    Posts
    11,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    You have to wear a toga.
    If I did I'd be very puzzled as to why my Dad chose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

  8. #8
    14,000+ Swing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Swing Approves
    Posts
    14,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    If I did I'd be very puzzled as to why my Dad chose it.
    Maybe he likes togas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    hi devs o/
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Ma$$^ View Post
    \o
    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Sigged for proof of Dev existence
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Ma$$^ View Post
    ^Ma$$^ approves
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladino View Post
    I'm old , gay and have no hair left , i will probably die before df1 comes back out. IM GAY !

  9. #9
    11,000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, obviously
    Posts
    11,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Maybe he likes togas.
    I very much doubt it.

    Actually not even the Romans liked togas, not full ones anyway. They were heavy, cumbersome, and only really used for special occasions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Actually not even the Romans liked togas, not full ones anyway. They were heavy, cumbersome, and only really used for special occasions.
    The people on palatine hil practically lived in them. WTF do you mean by heavy anyway. They were a single piece of cloth wrapped around them.

  11. #11
    14,000+ Swing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Swing Approves
    Posts
    14,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    I very much doubt it.

    Actually not even the Romans liked togas, not full ones anyway. They were heavy, cumbersome, and only really used for special occasions.
    I think you're being dramatic.

    Wear a toga tonight and you'll see otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    hi devs o/
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Ma$$^ View Post
    \o
    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Sigged for proof of Dev existence
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Ma$$^ View Post
    ^Ma$$^ approves
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladino View Post
    I'm old , gay and have no hair left , i will probably die before df1 comes back out. IM GAY !

  12. #12
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Don't let them lie to you. Most Romans wore tunics without pants and a cinch rope. You should try that. Really get the Roman feel.

  13. #13
    14,000+ Swing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Swing Approves
    Posts
    14,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jou View Post
    Don't let them lie to you. Most Romans wore togas. You should try that. Really get the Roman feel.
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    hi devs o/
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Ma$$^ View Post
    \o
    Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Sigged for proof of Dev existence
    Quote Originally Posted by ^Ma$$^ View Post
    ^Ma$$^ approves
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladino View Post
    I'm old , gay and have no hair left , i will probably die before df1 comes back out. IM GAY !

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jou View Post
    Don't let them lie to you. Most Romans wore tunics without pants and a cinch rope. You should try that. Really get the Roman feel.
    Slaves and children wore that. Male roman citizens predominantly wore toga's. Woman wore stola's.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Slaves and children wore that. Male roman citizens predominantly wore toga's. Woman wore stola's.
    Don’t argue with our resident roman expert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •