Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    871

    Default

    The only reason I made this post is b/c I posted a vid with 5,000 views a few post below this of the era b4 magic took over back on EU. Now I post current video, you couldn't find all those nukes across the whole map of agon in the 1st vid. It was more or less a lolful comparison... Now you say these guys are focus firing... Whom are they focusing... You know in medieval movies when they call for "Archers!" "Draw!" "Hold!" "Hold!" "Fire!" ... They Volley into the enemy force with arrows. And quite possibly you would be doing this in Darkfall rather than every single person having a r90 to spew out their ass on the call for that... "Focus"... but... no. You can't compare archery to magic at that range, because archery takes aim, while magic does not. You shoot 40 arrows compared to 40 r90 nukes... compare the damage done... it is only b/c you are aloud to miss with magic and still do damage.

    Can't aim? WoF the target! CC it by shooting the ground next to him! (Since when do fps players like to shoot the ground and call it skill?) Okay, now that it is hangin out not movin our jukin or hard to hit... LET US BLIND IT SO IT CAN'T AIM NOR MANEUVER AS WELL, REMOVE HIS AWARENESS TO SHIT! IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH IM NOW GOING TO JUGGLE HIM AFTER THE WOF UNTIL WOF IS BACK UP!

    For some reason I don't deem the ability to do all this all that skillful. I would much prefer to see if you have better aim/movement/ and conversions than me than see if you have better use of cc spells, better use of blinds, better use of knocking me up in the air for floating ezy shots...

    Where is the cc for archers? They want a WoF they can shoot at people. They want exploding arrows that magically make you float a few feet straight up into the air so you are not a difficult target to hit. They want blinding shots.

    Guarantee you if the game was balanced in any manner you would have diversity within Darkfall that you did not know existed. Since it is not you run around in Magefall, somethin some of us vets have been complaining about well before you were playing.

    Don't hate on us bringing it back up to AV even though they say changes will happen in 2.0. They said changes would happen in Darkfall 2010, and good sirs it is damn near 2013. And we were waiting long before Darkfall 2010... So we've been waiting a really long time.. more than couple of years... hell more than a few... They removed backshots (crits) from the front by placing nukes behind your feet... and cycling of all rank 100 nukes as it was people only use to use rank 100/r90 nukes endlessly... but then they gave them eye rot and rays that require 0 cast time and have different types of blinding effects for each and every mage in the game finally got WoF...

    Take 2 op things away that is blatantly wrong, and give a few back to them... great. Now that you did not test your WoF either before everyone got it... now another op necessity to your toon. lol.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivaneeh View Post
    ...theres a massive battle and no trace of lag? tell me your secret please!!
    Stop trying to play Darkfall on a calculator. Buy a computer.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

    My Videos Older vids

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

  3. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullfist View Post
    This is just focus firing, there's nothing wrong with that. This is not why magic is broken. Magic is mostly broken/overpowered because of knockups/snares/binds and that fact that mages don't need to wear expensive gear compared to a fighter type character.

    A fighter shouldn't put 30k on the line while a mage risks just 5k and has spells that make you not be able to move or see and can chain them non-stop.

    Focus fire is not the issue with magic.
    Magic not requiring as much aim as archery is actually an issue... focus firing typically has a target... def. does when involving archering a target down. This is volleying magic as you would a volley of arrows, except noone is shooting arrows because magic is the obvious choice. That is wrong. Make the mage's all shoot bolts at that range and see how effective they are.

  4. #19
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    In this thread you will find a stupid OP.

    Basically when 30-40 people all COORDINATE A FUCKING ATTACK IT SHOULD KILL PEOPLE..... there IS NO LOGIC from OP.

    10/10 for trolling

    0/10 for if real I am disspoint in son.

    P.S. If you haven't seen the arrow item in game, there is an arrow that has no ARCH and can go straight, imagine this in DF 2.0 and stfu about how you wish you didn't have to use multiple buttons in darkfall AKA Melee / archery

    This new arrow type will fix any aiming imbalance that you see(I dont see any issues because I am not a huge bitch)
    Last edited by thehardest; 08-03-2012 at 00:38.

  5. #20
    1000+ Hagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    Never really liked op but i can agree with what he says, for the most part.
    SIG MADE BY GECK ZILLA

  6. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Aiming imbalance being the fact you can shoot in the general direction of people and hit them, if you land near them. Won't ever be fixed sir.

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    just be honest about why u dont like magic its because your not capable of controlling 50 keybinds AND still aim.

    Magic whiners get no sympathy from me because most just suck or are not using the required gear.

    Or they are just flat out doing it wrong.

  8. #23
    7000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Laval - Quebec
    Posts
    7,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    just be honest about why u dont like magic its because your not capable of controlling 50 keybinds AND still aim.

    Magic whiners get no sympathy from me because most just suck or are not using the required gear.

    Or they are just flat out doing it wrong.
    There's nothing sush as 50 binds in DF. You do everything with one push of a key.
    The Ultimate Sticky Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Itwasnt Luck View Post
    idk why people keep bringing this up. THE GOOD PLAYERS WILL NOT USE 1ST PERSON.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Taco View Post
    Magic not requiring as much aim as archery is actually an issue... focus firing typically has a target... def. does when involving archering a target down. This is volleying magic as you would a volley of arrows, except noone is shooting arrows because magic is the obvious choice. That is wrong. Make the mage's all shoot bolts at that range and see how effective they are.
    How about if u want to intentionally gimp yourself by not utilizing everything available to you you learn how to fucking play a destro.

    Step 1 always wear good gear

    Step 2 always carry light b spikes

    Step 3 know your job

    Step 4 parry up close distance switch to hasted sb with mage killer at mid range and out dps EVERYTHING while pushing into the enemy group and going for staff back hits with your gs kkilling kids in 4.5 seconds

    Step 5 dont be an idiot by using a polearm as your primary weapon if all u got is bow melee. Cant take a magic whiner seriously when the spend their entire df career chasing kids as a destro with the slowest weapon in game a weapon that also pushes kids out of melee range.

  10. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    How about if u want to intentionally gimp yourself by not utilizing everything available to you you learn how to fucking play a destro.

    Step 1 always wear good gear

    Step 2 always carry light b spikes

    Step 3 know your job

    Step 4 parry up close distance switch to hasted sb with mage killer at mid range and out dps EVERYTHING while pushing into the enemy group and going for staff back hits with your gs kkilling kids in 4.5 seconds

    Step 5 dont be an idiot by using a polearm as your primary weapon if all u got is bow melee. Cant take a magic whiner seriously when the spend their entire df career chasing kids as a destro with the slowest weapon in game a weapon that also pushes kids out of melee range.

    Now now battle smurf this seems a bit personal. Let it be known I've kicked your ass in the game anytime we've ever fought. The last time being when you got raped by me at the Devil in a robe 1v2'ing you and some mahirim geared... So my polearm did me some justice right?

    1. People do not drop destroyer gear, there are no destroyers, muchless polearm users. as you said.

    2. Do I really want to have to use a stupid bug in the game as a necessity for pvp? That is fucking gay, as well as bunny hopping in general. It was acceptable when people were bunny hopping on mounts back on EU. Now people fly past mounts on foot lol.

    3. Knowing my job... well that is like knowing my role, and a destroyer has a role in group fights sure... but what is my job solo? Nothing, destroyers aren't meant to solo.

    4. I do believe I was one of the few destroyers on the server before Itwas Luck... you do not need to explain to me how it is played.

    5. I was quite known for my polearm skill, and using a polearm correctly is a very unique melee/play style... I've seen very few do it. This polearm has raped you a few times tho, quit acting like it is utterly retarded to not go with the general Greatsword owns all theory. You play to adapt to what is strongest, and I'm wishing everything was balanced so nothing was strongest and players could be viable in multiple play styles. You simply want everyone to be a 2hsword/mage clone b/c that is what is most op, you want everyone to adapt. In a proper game...you do not have to adapt to what is most Op, you play your style, and things are atleast near balanced. That is not the case in Darkfall.

    P.s.- Been shittin on Battle Smurf for a long time dating back to the beginning of EU. I've made you look silly a number of times. It's not a wonder your trying to spew hard words over the forums after being owned by me so many times in the past.

    edit- Oh... and the 50 binds don't bother me... I'm rather good with a keyboard... I could handle all my mage binds without any scripts cept rays... but the issue is...well... I don't care to be a mage... lol?
    Last edited by Pink Taco; 08-03-2012 at 10:04.

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Taco View Post
    Now now battle smurf this seems a bit personal. Let it be known I've kicked your ass in the game anytime we've ever fought. The last time being when you got raped by me at the Devil in a robe 1v2'ing you and some mahirim geared... So my polearm did me some justice right?

    1. People do not drop destroyer gear, there are no destroyers, muchless polearm users. as you said.

    2. Do I really want to have to use a stupid bug in the game as a necessity for pvp? That is fucking gay, as well as bunny hopping in general. It was acceptable when people were bunny hopping on mounts back on EU. Now people fly past mounts on foot lol.

    3. Knowing my job... well that is like knowing my role, and a destroyer has a role in group fights sure... but what is my job solo? Nothing, destroyers aren't meant to solo.

    4. I do believe I was one of the few destroyers on the server before Itwas Luck... you do not need to explain to me how it is played.

    5. I was quite known for my polearm skill, and using a polearm correctly is a very unique melee/play style... I've seen very few do it. This polearm has raped you a few times tho, quit acting like it is utterly retarded to not go with the general Greatsword owns all theory. You play to adapt to what is strongest, and I'm wishing everything was balanced so nothing was strongest and players could be viable in multiple play styles. You simply want everyone to be a 2hsword/mage clone b/c that is what is most op, you want everyone to adapt. In a proper game...you do not have to adapt to what is most Op, you play your style, and things are atleast near balanced. That is not the case in Darkfall.

    P.s.- Been shittin on Battle Smurf for a long time dating back to the beginning of EU. I've made you look silly a number of times. It's not a wonder your trying to spew hard words over the forums after being owned by me so many times in the past.

    edit- Oh... and the 50 binds don't bother me... I'm rather good with a keyboard... I could handle all my mage binds without any scripts cept rays... but the issue is...well... I don't care to be a mage... lol?
    This is exactly what im talking about you seem to think you were good but you really wernt you were just lucky enough to have 100 less ping than some of us on east coast a computer capable of giving u 60 fps ect. And your just flat out wrong about being better than me now that server has moved i have a solid comp you wouldnt touch me not that you could in your final days anyway. You did better than anyone else with a polearm ill give you that but I was an alfar bro.

    You dont seem to have any idea how much better the top levels are these days id wreck you bow/melee only or even ray/melee only. I used to wonder how you could sticky back then I went from 135 ping to 60 got steady 100fps instead of 35 maxed my char got a gaming mouse/mouse pad upped my ingame sensitivity and got human reach now sticky backing is so easy i can do it with my eyes closed.

    Seriously if i miss even one ray out of 7 now or lose a melee engagemment im shocked because it almost never happens.

    Keep pretending /things took more skill "in the good old days" clearly not the case since back then id win 1 v 4s a couple times a week. With the new generation the best I did solo was in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H60idIavbVY which im pretty sure is still one of if not the best out numbered videos in the modern era.

    Unlike you I never stopped getting better. I really dont care if they fully yremove wof I dont need it and it hinders gameplay i dont even care if they gimp magic because originally i wanted to play heavy melee with air and arcane but i do not like it when people bitch about magic or try to pretend the skill ceiling would be higher without it thats not true especially not in 1v1s.

    Now would it be cool to have melee archery only with buffs and utility spells in group fights? Fuck ya it would a good group of 3 could take on up to 9 bads and win but would it require more skill for the top tier? NO because aiming and sticky backing are easy learning to use a 100 binds and still having accuracy and the intelligence to counter your opponents is gone.

    I never see any of the really good players complaining about magic and one of the top 3 1v1 players is a destro that tells me its viable when done right speaking of which destro tripples in effectiveness in group fights I played one in a siege and was just mowing kids down shooting arrows hella fast for big damage with less down time and killing people before either of us even registered shit was going down when i got the drop on em with my jb and their staff out.

    Yes destro is harder by far to solo or fight outnimbered with but with a support mage backing them up they become extremely powerful

    Tldr= you were never at anynpoint good as a mage. Polearm IS gimp and the fact that u think its competitive shows you have no idea where the game is at I will dust you so fast with a gs. Destro is hard to play solo but if your good and use proper gear and mechanics gains power exponentially in groups. light spikes arnt bugged.

    -PS dunno who u think your talking too i suggest u check my youtube channel I would drop you like a sack of potatoes. If you ever do comeback ill 1v1 wager you and even let u set the rules. I have beaten every top player on this server at some point in my video series there is no one around that has a noticeable edge on me especially not some guy who thinks he can compete with polearm primary.

  12. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    btw grim dont get me wrong im not hating on you and I get thatfor many bad players magic gives them dps instead of pure misses. Im argueing that at the highest levels of play magic especially rays combined with good melee leaves room for a massive skill ceiling and incredibly fast paced fights.

    That didnt exist back then.

    Also the majority of the "fuck" magic crowd DO suck at magic and many cant even land a high percentage of bow shots or sticky back. also wtf is wwrong with bunny hoping? Norhing thats what and as for the kids whining about kiting thats just fucking sad.

    Your def not one of those people and like i said from what we know so far its looking like melee archery will be the go to for the most skilled in df 2 and I dont mind because whatever is best i will adapt to.

    I just dont want the game dumbed or slowed down right now i can do all kinds of tricks thanks to insta rays stormblast begone and battle spikes its so much fun and faster paced.

  13. #28
    3000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ChillyB
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    btw grim dont get me wrong im not hating on you and I get thatfor many bad players magic gives them dps instead of pure misses. Im argueing that at the highest levels of play magic especially rays combined with good melee leaves room for a massive skill ceiling and incredibly fast paced fights.
    I think that's his point (bolded part), and the point of alot of people, including a bunch a top players. You're wrong saying that only baddies dislike magery in its current state... some guys that would be on par with you in duel or even beat you have been posting about it on forums for some time now. I would say that it is the complete opposite; the % of good players that can find problems in the magic system as it is right now is probably way higher than the % of bad players.

    In any game, if you're good, even if it's an easy game, you'll come out on top. That's not the point. I understand what you say when you're talking about a good player fighting another good player. But the problem right now with WOFs, all those blinds, and with AOEs splash doing high damage is that it gives the bad players tools to compete with spells that don't need aiming, and that rewards them for missing the target. And you can't deny the fact that the vast majority of the good players are also playing mages, which is a proof that the game is unbalanced. Yes, it's possible to be successful as a destro, but we can count on 1 hand the amount of top players that are using destro specs or heavy mage w/ archery, there must be some reasons why it is the case.

  14. #29
    1000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    btw grim dont get me wrong im not hating on you and I get thatfor many bad players magic gives them dps instead of pure misses. Im argueing that at the highest levels of play magic especially rays combined with good melee leaves room for a massive skill ceiling and incredibly fast paced fights.

    That didnt exist back then.

    Also the majority of the "fuck" magic crowd DO suck at magic and many cant even land a high percentage of bow shots or sticky back. also wtf is wwrong with bunny hoping? Norhing thats what and as for the kids whining about kiting thats just fucking sad.

    Your def not one of those people and like i said from what we know so far its looking like melee archery will be the go to for the most skilled in df 2 and I dont mind because whatever is best i will adapt to.

    I just dont want the game dumbed or slowed down right now i can do all kinds of tricks thanks to insta rays stormblast begone and battle spikes its so much fun and faster paced.
    i remember a bunch of time killing someone in 3 second because i got a couple of backshot when i was almost naked with a decent staff

    thats beyond retarded, killing someone in 2 fireballs doesnt leave room for massive ceiling dude, massive ceiling is something like M&B, where you can kill everyone 10v1 if you use the terrain and there's no range

    darkfall def takes skill in mage vs mage duel, but you can't fight zerglings outnumbered anymore and you sure as hell can't solo pvp & have fun like back in the day with melee archery.

    i remember when darkfall was just released i went to mahirim lands and fought people in sunstone (or surstone, w/e the big mahirim city is called, something with stone), i think i got around 6-7 to chase me out of the city. i had a good lead and just dismounted the other side of a tree...

    i let around 2 or 3 of them pass the tree and they just kept going, i cut off the other and literally killed 2 guys while taking no damage whatsoever, then the one who passed came back and i was fighting around 4 of them but back in the day the health to stam ratio was kind of broken. so after killing the 2 of them (you did so little damage and it took so much stam to kill someone back then) i was sitting on the edge of having no stam at all but it didnt matter since they would fire arrows but i would literally NEVER get hit. this fight took forever and every time i would kill one of them he'd end getting rezzed but it was just fun as fuck to see how all of them bads were just... bads.

    then some naked guy comes along and he start mana missile'ing me (hiting the ground around me). it seems they all realize at this point that the only way they could fucking hit a target is by using something with an aoe because as far as aiming goes theyre awful... i then proceed to get mana missiled down by all of them and die in like 20sec.

    cliff: even mana missile was fucking retarded back in the day because it allows bads to DPS when they shouldnt.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah are the proud new owners of Eronetil.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah won the challenge against Sick Bastards!

  15. #30
    PvP Specialist
    5000+
    KoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,718

    Default

    Yes the game changed... It was always going to.


    Its like saying "I wish everyone fought with swords these days instead of guns and bombs"

    It would be cool and more skillful, but its not how things are.



    The game is fun on larger scales.




    However, yes.. there are some elements of magic that are simply retarded right now.

    Knockups, chain knockups, endless CC with large scale Wall of Forcing..
    Blinds blinds blinds.

    I'm not sure how they can fix it but I dont think the game is ruined simply because of nukes.

    A good destroyer will literally chop through mages
    Reforged
    Guard Tower fixes/updates

    I removed 2 suggestions from my sig because one was implemented and the other was addressed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •