Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by naughty View Post
    pvp = grinding fame and stuff
    same shit as in warhammer. i was bored after 1 beta weekend
    Google guild wars tournaments. GW2 will be e-sports paradise just like gw1.Fame grinding isn't what it's about.

Also, racial choice matters, at least in pve

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Racial_skill
    Last edited by xpiher; 08-02-2012 at 15:25.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

Quote Originally Posted by Beradule View Post
    This is the part where you lose any credibility. Sorry but WoW has always been a shit game in my opinion, and I cannot expect anyone's taste to match mine if they spent that much time playing it. It says to me that you will settle for a sub par gaming experience instead of finding something better to do with your time.

Now you must have enjoyed WoW to play it that long, an that says even more about your gaming choices. I am not faulting you for playing what you like, or settling or whatever it is. I am just not going to listen to any advice you give on what is a good game or not, because clearly we have wide varying differences of opinion on what's good, an what isn't.

If anything you just clarified for me what I thought GW2 would be all along. So thank you.
    I prefer sandbox games. Other than archage, none are coming out. GW2 is the best theme park game to be released in years. No imbalanced gear grind pvp, a developer team that has successfully ran 2 world tournaments and multiple smaller tournaments at various conventions, and has the tool set for players to host their own tournaments on the fly. The pvp in gw was the best balanced spvp/bg I've had the pleasure of playing. And it built a pvp minded community that metagamed more than most games.

I expect the same experience in gw2 with the added bonus of a decent pve experience and a meaningful wvwvw experience.

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Even as a themepark MMO it is poorly designed. Increasing the level cap is just about the worst thing you can do for an MMO for an expansion. And if you judge it against other MMOs, it's lacking many key features. Hell, if you compare it to other MMOs, it's barely an MMO, especially with the phasing and dungeon finder.

Disagree, I have yet to find anything so reactive as DAoC, where I could tell that I was blocking and parrying because the animations were so precise and timed so well. Vanguard even has some of this.

If you believe that, then you have an incredibly narrow view of what made WoW a success. For those who might not know, here is a SMALL breakdown of things.

It was the first MMO with a huge name brand to attract non MMO gamers to the genre (their primary audience), and the first MMO that had the budget and name brand recognition to be able to mass advertise on every website and magazine for a full YEAR before beta started. It came out during a lull in the MMO space, when things were transitioning. It pulled in all the SC and WC non MMO fans who spread the word to all their friends, because they were so amazed by their first MMO.

Momentum is the only thing that has kept WoW this popular, it's not anything to do with the features, as those features are all average to below average, and have all been done before by other MMOs.

WoW was built by EverQuest raiding fanatics, and built on the same flawed foundations of EQ, with so many design problems they had to resort to instancing to solve them all. They had no idea how to actually create an MMO, they've just been pinching features from other MMOs and adding it to their frankenstein monster. Even for a themepark it is incredibly flawed, with some of the worst raiding and PvP out there.

And yet since then, there have been multiple attempts by large companies with almost an infinite budget and development time named off huge franchises that have failed to pull in even 1/5th of WoW's numbers and held those numbers for ~6 months before falling flat on it's face. Only a stupid company wouldn't take successful features from newer games, how many companies have tried to mimic WoW and failed? You're just looking at this from your own perspective, facts don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    I prefer sandbox games. Other than archage, none are coming out.
    GW2 > PS2 > ArcheAge > Repopulation > Embers (hopefully)

anyway that's what I'm gonna be playing for the next 4 years or so =p

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DriftingJoint View Post
    And yet since then, there have been multiple attempts by large companies with almost an infinite budget and development time named off huge franchises that have failed to pull in even 1/5th of WoW's numbers and held those numbers for ~6 months before falling flat on it's face.
    That's because WoW already has all the would be casual gamers, the brand name recognition, and the momentum. What's going to get casual gamers to leave WoW isn't another game that's just like WoW. Those folks are WoW players. It's like the people that bought a Wii. They're not suddenly going to start playing Call of Duty or a third world country knock of Wii, or the Move. They're going to keep playing the Wii.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DriftingJoint View Post
    I'm also playing Planetside 2, but since I'm not a closed minded person I can do both without hating because one is more mainstream than the other, something a lot of darkfall players can't do.

Sarcasm being the lowest form of wit, you don't really deserve a response but I'll give you one anyway. GW2 actually has a back story and amazing art work, so of course it's nice to see it show cased. I've played in every beta weekend and I played WoW for 5 years, I can tell you with some degree of certainty that the combat is nothing alike, even in the slightest. But feel free to share with me this revolutionary game you've been playing which has the best combat, awesome art work and a huge development team?
    We arnt closed minded if we have played half a dozen variations of the same tab target carebear no point to avoiding death recycled garbage games.

More like YOUR an idiot for wasting money on another game u will play for a month TOPS before realizing what I did during the first GW2 Dev press conference years ago....namely that there is no fps combat and no risk vs reward so its a waste of my time.

Im proud that i havnt wasted money or time on any game in the last 3 years sother than df. path of exile. eve online. and now ps2.

Im still laughing at the aion/terra/xyson/mortal/diablo 3/ earthrise retards.

I swear some people never learn.

Now one game you all SHOULD consider amongst the dozens of trash is dust 514. Personally im unhappy that its ps3 only for now so I might not buy iy until the sony contract is up and it can be on pc where it belongs but if you like console games its going to be literally the best of all time for multiplayer.
    Last edited by Battle Smurf; 08-03-2012 at 00:54.

Banned

archeage sucks dick too dont buy it. You got df2 ps2 dust 514 and path of exile and eve if u want good pvp thats it stop propping up bad games because your desperate for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Smurf View Post
    archeage sucks dick too dont buy it. You got df2 ps2 dust 514 and path of exile and eve if u want good pvp thats it stop propping up bad games because your desperate for something new.
    Dude DF2 is gonna be shit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Ranger View Post
    Dude DF2 is gonna be shit
    Considering df 1 is the best pvp game in modern history I would have to say your a fucking idiot if u think df2 wont be the best pvp game around.

I mean if u dont like df2 u just dont like pvp mmos period because nothing else comes close.

Planetside and dust 514 arnt bad but they arnt long term hardcore risk vs reward mmorpgs by any means. And every other mmorpg out there lacks even the engine to even theoretically become a good pvp mmorpg.

Considering df 1 is the best pvp game in modern history
    I have to say you gave me a good laugh with that.

Banned EU1 Player

i dont care about music or graphics, i care about gameplay and the gameplay sucks, the trailer might as well be a wow cinematic that still dont make the game good

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRCPan View Post
    I have to say you gave me a good laugh with that.
    DF 1 was the best PVP game in history.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

why does archage suck?

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Google guild wars tournaments. GW2 will be e-sports paradise just like gw1.Fame grinding isn't what it's about.
    sorry i dont play mmo´s for e-sports. you should try counter strike if u wanna play an e-sports game, not guildwars.

Quote Originally Posted by naughty View Post
    sorry i dont play mmo´s for e-sports. you should try counter strike if u wanna play an e-sports game, not guildwars.
    e-sport mmo pvp via bgs/arenas is what most mmos do for pvp. Anet just happens to do it the best. That said, WvW handles my open pvp itch.

As to the suggestion to play cs, completely different game. Imo, there's more depth, tactics, and stragey in a game like gw1/gw2 due to meta gaming and how skills work.