Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    1000+

Quote Originally Posted by DriftingJoint View Post
    I think you're looking at this from your point of view and not considering others. Guild wars 2 has a huge immersive world that is really awesome to look at, the interaction with quests and the story is very nicely done and the art work for the game, in the game and the cinematics are something that a lot of people are drawn to. The game play is different to other theme park mmorpgs, but it has the polish and the development team to make the game successful. Personally I'll play the game just for how awesome the world/story looks, but on top of that the PvP is fun, the dynamic events at later levels look pretty fun too. And it's nothing to do with "pretty pictures", any game can have nice art work out of game, but the way gw2 has linked it into the game is something quite unheard of.
    Does the trailer show your points? Nope, and that was kinda my point.
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

It is going to take more than flashy editing and silly music to hype me for a game.

PS2 looks sweet, not much else on the horizon though.

Now if they'd only send me a beta key
    Darkfall IRC: Server: irc.stratics.com Channel: #Darkfall

Quote Originally Posted by Ghias View Post
    Does the trailer show your points? Nope, and that was kinda my point.
    Because as I previously stated, it's a fan made trailer showcasing the game art.

when the game has no subscription fee, they gotta hype up the game and make as many sheep buy the game as possible on launch. just look at swtor, they knew their subs would drop due to the game being a piece of shit, now its going F2P.

who cares about game art? gameplay is shit and the pvp is boring

Quote Originally Posted by naughty View Post
    who cares about game art? gameplay is shit and the pvp is boring
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. You're entitled to your opinion and a lot of people care about game art. Game play is shit to you and you don't enjoy the pvp.

gw2 an mmo? or is going to be like the previous one and scatter the player base through hundreds of instances?

haven't looked into the game at all :/

Quote Originally Posted by M.Easy View Post
    gw2 an mmo? or is going to be like the previous one and scatter the player base through hundreds of instances?

MMO, it's nothing like gw in terms of world structure, I didn't like gw1 purely because of that also.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Easy View Post

It's a legit MMO and not like GW1.

As far as the PS2 vs GW2 thing, I don't see what the issue is. GW2 will be a successful game probably. It's definitely the best MMO using that formula to come out in years and has no monthly fee. Unlike other MMOs, the beta actually allowed you to participate in end game activity so most people pretty much know what they are getting into and what to expect. I don't think there will be any real surprises between now and down the road that will sink the game. It's not the best game ever, but it's solid for what it is and costs.

GW2 also has a release date 3 weeks away where PS2 has yet to announce. No reason you can't play both, even at the same time if you want since neither are chaining you down with a sub fee. Looking forward to seeing PS2 in action for myself, but both of these games should offer gamers some good options over the next few months.

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by Paragus View Post
    It's a legit MMO and not like GW1.

As far as the PS2 vs GW2 thing, I don't see what the issue is. GW2 will be a successful game probably. It's definitely the best MMO using that formula to come out in years and has no monthly fee. Unlike other MMOs, the beta actually allowed you to participate in end game activity so most people pretty much know what they are getting into and what to expect. I don't think there will be any real surprises between now and down the road that will sink the game. It's not the best game ever, but it's solid for what it is and costs.

GW2 also has a release date 3 weeks away where PS2 has yet to announce. No reason you can't play both, even at the same time if you want since neither are chaining you down with a sub fee. Looking forward to seeing PS2 in action for myself, but both of these games should offer gamers some good options over the next few months.
    What he said.
    Lord Oboy -

Quote Originally Posted by Croim View Post
    You didnt even need that good aim in darkfall as long as you knew how to dodge/transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    :LMAO: thats just too funny. Yea, because being able to land more hits than your enemy didn't matter :lmao: Congrats, you just got added to my sig :lmao:

Normal User US1 Player

I like the no stat/ability per race. It's a pvp game first and foremost and I think when you're building a game for PvP having things like racial specific abilities makes balancing too hard. Look at WoW and their racial imbalances that plagued pvp for the first few seasons of arenas.
    Dark Age of Camelot managed it, while having like 30 races.

3000+

I wish I could have actually tried the beta without paying for it..

Quote Originally Posted by iza View Post
    ive bought a beta key for 5€ and im happy that i not pre-ordered the game

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by iza View Post
    just watch a let's play , plenty arround
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

5000+

I like the no stat/ability per race. It's a pvp game first and foremost and I think when you're building a game for PvP having things like racial specific abilities makes balancing too hard. Look at WoW and their racial imbalances that plagued pvp for the first few seasons of arenas.
    That had little nothing to do with racial stats, and everything to do with it being a faction vs faction game where it was easier to get good gear, especially PvP rewards and level up as Horde.

Furthermore, if there are racial differences in visibility; PoV elevation; tall avatars blocking their owners view; differences in hitboxes and weapon reach as in the case of DFO; unequal racial specific dungeons, regions and player hubs; racial bonuses can be used to balance the game instead of unbalance it. In Darkfall, they could add something to improve melee damage output for Alfar, f ex attack speed bonus or bonus damage when hitting players/mobs in or below the knees; and something that help big races avoid detection, f ex making less foot movement noise (range) for Mirdain and Mahirim, and Orks making less noise (range) when getting hit.
    (color=#333333)(/color)