Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    7000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    I don't think it doesn't exist. I know absolutely it's a made up bullshit, replete with frivolities like the "Capital letters argument" where they think they can pretend something does not apply to them if their name is written in capital letters.
    We can post youtubes on people invoking their sovereignty status, if you'd like?

7000+ EU1 Player

Pirateglen it's sad how much of a state owned pet you are.

Normal User

Getting back to OP, you have to have car insurance for the already mentioned reasons.

Usually, you get full insurance (covers damage you do to others and damage to your own car), when the car is new and of higher value.

After +/- the 4th year of car ownage, you should just get the basic insurance (cover damage on others), because it is much cheaper.

Regarding the 25k dollars example, in Portugal, the mandatory minimum coverage of damage to others on automotive insurance is 600k euros and it is not uncommon to see coverages of 1,5million (I assume this would only be reached if you hit a double deck bus on purpose and threw it off a cliff).

I think these values can be so high because as automotive insurance is mandatory, every1 has it, netting a steady income to insurance companies. Out of all these insurances, only a very small percentage will activate the insurance and an even lesser amount will use high amounts of the insurance money. I think the penalties and law suits from car accidents are much fewer here and the value of a human life is valued at around 120k-150k I think (for court purposes).
    Thaliost Riverblade

[EU]Immortals: recruiting for DF:UW

Casual Darkfall Blog [Last Update: August, 8th, 2012: DanesLaw tried to steal Immortals' Home o_O]

so everyone has to pay for auto insurance, and in turn the costs are relatively low and the coverage is pretty good? imagine if they did that to health care....

isn't the penalty for not having medical insurance going to be 1% of a person's salary? sounds affordable to me, I wonder if that's where they got the name from...

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    so everyone has to pay for auto insurance, and in turn the costs are relatively low and the coverage is pretty good? imagine if they did that to health care....

isn't the penalty for not having medical insurance going to be 1% of a person's salary? sounds affordable to me, I wonder if that's where they got the name from...
    Costs aren't low, costs are higher. If you weren't a tool, you would probably know that any mechanic/body shop has two sets of prices for good/known customers: one for the insurance claims and one for cash payers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

That 1% value is way off, but I don't remember what the penalty is. More than the individual mandate, I think its the mandate that requires businesses to offer healthcare to their employees (if they have 50 or more) that will hurt.
    Last edited by philipc4; 08-02-2012 at 19:45.
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker
    Servant of the Great Beard

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    We can post youtubes on people invoking their sovereignty status, if you'd like?
    And then carefully omit how it turned out for them? Like the tax protester in the UK who had his assets put in state control because of his refusal to cooperate? They can invoke whatever they want, it does not mean it has any basis in law.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Pirateglen it's sad how much of a state owned pet you are.
    It's sad how gullible you are for a self-proclaimed skeptic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Costs aren't low, costs are higher. If you weren't a tool, you would probably know that any mechanic/body shop has two sets of prices for good/known customers: one for the insurance claims and one for cash payers.
    so if insurance claims are higher, then you pay your deductable and it is cheaper anyway

if cash payers get charged more, then they should have had insurance, and if everyone is mandated to have it then there won't be much of this happening

just because you support things like tax evasion doesn't mean that every mechanic applies shady business practices or insurance fraud, and people that do this should be held accountable for their actions

10,000+ Long term follower

so if insurance claims are higher, then you pay your deductable and it is cheaper anyway

if cash payers get charged more, then they should have had insurance, and if everyone is mandated to have it then there won't be much of this happening

just because you support things like tax evasion doesn't mean that every mechanic applies shady business practices or insurance fraud, and people that do this should be held accountable for their actions
    You are quite dense. The cash prices are less b/c the 'natural' costs are less. The gov't regulated insurance system involvement drives prices up. Car repairs are not 'cheaper' b/c of insurance as you tried to claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    You are quite dense. The cash prices are less b/c the 'natural' costs are less. The gov't regulated insurance system involvement drives prices up. Car repairs are not 'cheaper' b/c of insurance as you tried to claim.
    this whole time I've been talking about how much it costs a person to pay for their insurance

when someone with insurance gets their car fixed, it is supposed to be cheaper for them because insurance covers a portion of the repair

you're basically saying an item at the store is not cheaper if you have a coupon to save money on it, because someone else had to cover the amount that the coupon was for... even though they spent less money at the check out, somehow in your delusional mind, it's not cheaper for them

7000+ EU1 Player

Pirateglen you just assume. All your opinions are assumptions. There are people finding ways around the system every day and carving a niche for sovereignty status.

Pirateglen you just assume. All your opinions are assumptions. There are people finding ways around the system every day and carving a niche for sovereignty status.
    While everything you post is hard fact.

I would like to see a video of this happening successfully in court. Thanks in advance. I know it didn't work out to well for Schaeffer Cox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

7000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    I would like to see a video of this happening successfully in court. Thanks in advance. I know it didn't work out to well for Schaeffer Cox.
    This was just posted the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pjFKalOVc

Here's information on driving without a license:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYyiA...eature=related

These are just taken off the top but I'm not really interested in delving much deeper. It seems most likely that you guys have an idea of what sovereign citizen would mean. And you expect me to show you an example of what you expect it to mean and if I don't then they don't exist.

Self-education is the only education.
    Last edited by Nunz; 08-03-2012 at 05:34.