Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Can Y'all Explain Something To Me?

How is it ok for the government to force everyone to buy car insurance? Why is car insurance considered more important than health insurance, and why do I never hear republicans complain about car insurance but health insurance is the greatest over reach of government ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrin
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

I'm 1.000 in World Wars...

7000+ EU1 Player

Car insurance is mandated by the state. It's a little different as far as most throw-back republicans are concerned because it's dealt with on a local level.

Sadly most republicans now couldn't really give you that answer. Hah.

You're not from the US, right Honorius? We're actually a republic but these douche bags bought into the 'democracy' brainwashing and are handing all the power over to the federal government.

America isn't like most of your European 'states'. What makes America different is the wide range of cultures. And because of that, we do have the potential for culture clashes but we also have the potential for people of different cultures to come together and create something new. Within a republic exists many different ideologies, and at one point republicans tried to keep America like that. Not installing far reaching laws dictated by the federal government that would affect people who it may not apply to.

Now both parties support large federal government because they're bought out by corporations and they can take over our republic with federal laws.

And that's kind of the gist.

I support free healthcare for everyone. But my ideology doesn't fit in with the system in place.

In this system I support private and competing healthcare and donations and volunteer work for the needy and underprivileged.
    Last edited by Nunz; 08-01-2012 at 13:14.

1000+

maybe im messing up insurances but isn't car insurance covering damages you deal to others if you cause an accident? So it's basically to cover for poor idiots causing problems they cant pay for? Would be quite different from an insurance that is for yourself
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

7000+ EU1 Player

Last edited by Nunz; 08-01-2012 at 13:14.

Yeah, you basically need liability insurance in case you fuck someone up. That way they are covered for your fail.

These answers make sense, thank you. And I thought car insurance was to cover you in case someone runs into you or something, but it being for when you hit someone else is understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrin
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

I'm 1.000 in World Wars...

6000+ Long term follower

It probably varies, but here in my state you have two basic options. There is liability for when it's your fault, you can pay for the other damaged car. Or you can pay more for full coverage which pays for your damages to your car if it's your fault or the other person doesn't have means in addition to the liability. Full coverage typically covers other things not including accidents like theft, acts of god, etc.
    Last edited by Falokis; 08-01-2012 at 14:07.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I support free healthcare for everyone. But my ideology doesn't fit in with the system in place.
    In your own words. What is "free healthcare"?

Bissen going to cry over semantics to avoid the actual discussion.
    Last edited by Emolas; 08-01-2012 at 14:55.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Bissen going to cry over semantics.
    Emolas going to cry because he's emo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Emolas going to cry because he's emo.
    Shemales, because.

On-Topic: Insurance is there to cover shit you do to other. You can have additional insurance for various other accidents, but those are your choice and problem.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

Its called Federalism. look it up.

10,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Damedius View Post
    Yeah, you basically need liability insurance in case you fuck someone up. That way they are covered for your fail.
    Problem is this.

If you have a $25,000 damage / $25,000 medical policy and you cause $25,000 in damages and $100,000 in medical expenses., you can and will be sued for the $75,000 in medical expenses.

Driving is a privilege not given right as life, freedom etc and so it has a condition as drv license, insurance, inspections ...
    Greywind UO/DAoC/SB/L2/WoW/DFO

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Free healthcare would very likely be supported by 99.9% of the population. Problem is, that shit ain't free.