Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swtor goes f2p

I played until lvl 40. At the beginning it was fun, the Star Wars feeling was all over.
    The problem is that the gameplay is similar to all other clones and the story is mediocre. Its not worth to play the game for the story, no game should be played only for the story if the gameplay suck. I mean I could just watch the dialogs on youtube.

So lvl 40, the PvP was lame, PvE was lame, mini games are retarded, unsub, uninstall, neeeext.

f2p changes nothing, the game is history.
    Lord Malebo in game.
    Lux Arcana recruit.
    http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

terrible game by a terrible company

f2p aint gonna cut it, they would have to pay me to make me play their game.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    I honestly don't understand how. The story was terrible, and I personally only encountered about a dozen other players total during my entire time questing to max level.

I was really hoping to get an experience on par with KOTOR 3, but SWTOR completely fell flat.
    I only played an Imperial Agent to about level 20 and then my free time expired and I couldn't afford another month back then. After that I just didn't want to continue due to people reaching end-game and saying it sucked.

But when I played at least I thought the story wasn't that bad, and I encountered loads of people.
    Fuck you.

9000+

What a huge waste of time that was unfortunately, had to make another shitty Theme-park.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    What a huge waste of time that was unfortunately, had to make another shitty Theme-park.
    And kill a classic in the process
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

I feel a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of gamers laughed out loud.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by paragus View Post
    i feel a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of gamers laughed out loud.
    Haha, pretty funny don't see 2 many of those hardcore fanboys defending it so vigorously over at MMORPG anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
    And kill a classic in the process
    People just wanted a KOTOR 3 heh.
    Last edited by Keno; 08-01-2012 at 14:09.

This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Haha, pretty funny don't see 2 many of those hardcore fanboys defending it so vigorously over at MMORPG anymore.

People just wanted a KOTOR heh.
    Nah dude. They called me (and others) names when I told them all how this would turn out in my blog back on November of 2011. Hater and Troll they called me. There's a lot of game reviewers and professionals with egg all over their face right now, and that's a story you won't see anyone write because they are all burned. Look at all the awards they gave this thing at the game shows like E3. Look at every reviewer who gave this game a good score in the graphics department when the hi-rez textures were not even in the game. Here we are 7 months out and this thing is now known as the Tortanic.
    Last edited by Paragus; 08-01-2012 at 14:16.

6000+

Didnt they like fire tenebrion because he didnt like the game?

loved the comments on the review he did, fkin fanboy retards.
    Lord Oboy -

Quote Originally Posted by Croim View Post
    You didnt even need that good aim in darkfall as long as you knew how to dodge/transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    :LMAO: thats just too funny. Yea, because being able to land more hits than your enemy didn't matter :lmao: Congrats, you just got added to my sig :lmao:

Banned

His opinion didn't fit into the whole buying reviews scheme.

loved the comments on the review he did, fkin fanboy retards.
    There's more to that story, Tenebrion made some bad decisions. Still, it sucked, because he did a fantastic job on the review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    Obviously all this in the US...the country where a fanatical worship of science has replaced any true religious sense or any balanced perception of LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    His opinion didn't fit into the whole buying reviews scheme.
    Looks like he has the last laugh. Good work Tene, good work.

ohsevenohsevenohseven matematemate etc.

So, here's the breakdown. One of the Executives of SWTOR gave a speech at the GDC I think it was about F2P and how attractive it looks and really just a cheerleading speech for F2P models. there was uproar on the STRO forums about it and they assured people that F2P wasnt in the business model for SWTOR.

Couple years later when SWTOR went to beta, people were coming down on it and saying it would be F2P inside of 6 months....they missed it by a couple of months. But fuck, has any AAA title MMO went F2P inside of a year of launch? AoC managed a year before they looked at the F2P model. How is this going to set with peeps who bought a 1 year sub? And you know there were some.

All in all this was a total trainwreck of a game and I will say primarily because of the developers. They ignored the masses wants, I would say they even looked down on those wants with disdain. I still recall when crafting was being talked about when the forums first went live and one of the rare actual dev posts that was smary and condescending stating this game would be a day in the life of star wars and it wouldnt be SWG 2.

Well, I say he is wrong...it's a failure just like SWG was due to pretty much the same fucking reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegler View Post
    All in all this was a total trainwreck of a game and I will say primarily because of the developers. They ignored the masses wants, I would say they even looked down on those wants with disdain. I still recall when crafting was being talked about when the forums first went live and one of the rare actual dev posts that was smary and condescending stating this game would be a day in the life of star wars and it wouldnt be SWG 2.

Well, I say he is wrong...it's a failure just like SWG was due to pretty much the same fucking reasons.
    According to Bioware, the game is bad because they did what the players wanted....

http://blogs.bettor.com/Anonymous-Bi...Update-a173317

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Paragus View Post
    Here we are 7 months out and this thing is now known as the Tortanic.
    Last edited by Keno; 08-01-2012 at 15:56.