Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: Dota2

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    What? You mean spoken like a true person who uses factual information to define his perspective?
    Yes dear, that's exactly what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

7000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Yes dear, that's exactly what I meant.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/te...pagewanted=all

?

Do you not know any of this stuff?

Do you just fly through life by the seat of your pants spouting off the next catch phrase you accidentally stumble upon that fits snugly into your packed version of 'reality'?
    Last edited by Nunz; 07-31-2012 at 14:57.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/te...pagewanted=all

?

Do you not know any of this stuff?

Do you just fly through life by the seat of your pants spouting off the next catch phrase you accidentally stumble upon that fits snugly into your packed version of 'reality'?
    My sig says it all.
    You are clearly awesome.

7000+ EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    My sig says it all.
    I'm sorry, was what I posted inaccurate? Should I not consider that? That would be dumb to consider that evidence, right? To apply it?

Hi.

5000+

Thread got weird... anyhow... I'm really liking the artstyle and sound of DOTA2. It's the best looking MOBA by far imo. Gameplay wise I'm not really one to say since I can't make a legitimate comparison but it feels very solid for a beta.

Only complaint I have is that the game doesn't allow shift-binds for your inventory slots. And that there is no 'Z' button [as in HoN] to see the chat window for as long as you hold it down, you have to toggle chat by pressing 'Enter'.
    Last edited by Makgyver; 07-31-2012 at 18:46.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    Thread got weird... anyhow... I'm really liking the artstyle and sound of DOTA2. It's the best looking MOBA by far imo. Gameplay wise I'm not really one to say since I can't make a legitimate comparison but it feels very solid for a beta.

Only complaint I have is that the game doesn't allow shift-binds for your inventory slots. And that there is no 'Z' button [as in HoN] to see the chat window for as long as you hold it down, you have to toggle chat by pressing 'Enter'.
    Well it still is beta :P I got the naga so I have the luxury of using 123456 for my items. Ignore this jotun, he's the clear example of why the comunity has a bad name and guys like him do make it look bad.

Playing with bots does not teach you how to play, but it helps you to understand the heroes, explore the map and the behaviour of everything in the game. Where you can and cannot place wards, where you can and cannot go to run from enemies, tower aggro and range, it can also improve your lasthitting. Start from there. You'll lose a lot and make a lot of mistakes and see a lot of ragers, but ignore them and you'll eventually be a lot better.

It's a matter of practice.

Juanita Mariachi, SG of Cutie Mark Crusaders

I have one complaint about the sounds though: A majority of the attack sounds are god-awful. Why do half of the ranged mages sound like they're firing three cannons simultaneously?

Play with friends with mics. You should never need to use the chat window.

1000+

Is it me or is TA ridiculous and broken atm?

I've played that hero 4 times and as soon as i get blink it's pretty much gg since my opening shot does almost 50% dmg to anyone and that's with no damage items. Idk but sure as hell seems broken to me lol.

It's like a tiny... but it scales, lulz.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah are the proud new owners of Eronetil.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah won the challenge against Sick Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooah View Post

I've played that hero 4 times and as soon as i get blink it's pretty much gg since my opening shot does almost 50% dmg to anyone and that's with no damage items. Idk but sure as hell seems broken to me lol.

I love going TA but I don't get blink personally. At least not first if I do eventually get it.

add me on steam

Kevin-D-Lee

3000+

Meld was bugged to do more damage than intended but they fixed it in the last patch I think.

11,000+

Wisp is da shit.
    You are clearly awesome.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by iza View Post
    Meld was bugged to do more damage than intended but they fixed it in the last patch I think.
    I still think the hero has to much going for it tbh.

on a positive note, this parody is amazing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK-yk...ayer_embedded#!
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah are the proud new owners of Eronetil.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah won the challenge against Sick Bastards!

DotA just has a lot of pubstompers that are also carries.

Ursa, anyone?

I think it's the short input delay that makes carries so much more potent in solo matchmaking than they are in HoN.
    Last edited by Emolas; 07-31-2012 at 22:17.