Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    If the 1 I present is the most likely and inferrable then it is not acting out of fear, it's acting out of a logical measure of the situation. There's a slight chance the guy is a wizard and he could just use his wizard powers to kill the criminals, doesn't make it reasonable to involve that in the realm of possibility.
    In what fantasy land does your scenario become the 'most likely'?

And you keep saying 'fear based' as if that means something more than it does. Humans are equipped with 'fear' for a reason, it motivates you to live. But this isn't fear based because I'm not involved in the situation nor am I anymore in a position to be. It's logically based and you've forced me to present the darker side of the debate by being all too eager to pretend that guns are magical problem solvers.
    Worst case scenario/fear based conclusions is not 'logic'. Fear is very useful and we have it for a reason but it is a situational response mechanism, not an armchair q-back methodology which is how you are employing it.

Lol, I think picking off 3 people as they walk away is not an easy task. You clearly insult me just to get a rise, but I don't know how you do it without feeling like such a bitch. I just can't bring myself to insult people in the way you do (in some sort of physical form) because I'd feel like such a pussy.
    What does it being 'easy' have to do w/ anything? Again, you are reasoning like a pussy. Every claim you have made here is based on what will be the easiest most passive manner to respond to the situation. Always passive, all the time = pussy.

But no, you used one to illustrate a nearly impossible scenario that does nothing to affect the likeliness of the one I presented. The difference being yours requires a whole bunch of shit to go perfectly while mine involves nothing extraordinary to happen. Yours relies on too much movie watching and too much internet tough guy bravado, mine relies on real world experience and a better understanding of reality in tough situations.
    Impossible? Your situation results in the 2nd guy nearly getting killed. 9 times out of 10 the thugs run away like bitches if the 1st fisherman opens fire. Regardless, it doesn't matter what the outcome is. Things do and will go wrong; that doesn't mean you roll over like a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    This country stands alone and should not be sheepishly following examples of other countries who have more than enough flaws themselves. US does not hand out death penalties to people who are caught with an ounce of weed. The people who are on death row are there because they have been proven to be cruel human beings which usually kill without remorse. If someone close to me was murdered by someone who wanted their wallet I would most definitely want to see that asshole hanged. Life is not sacred. Especially not theirs.

As for other non-deathrow members of the prisons I say put them to work:

http://www.governing.com/topics/publ...ers-money.html

This, except I would like to change the last bit there.

Life is sacred, until you violate someone else's sanctity. Then yours is no longer valid.

Instead of paying for them, make then pay their own way. Save the menial labor jobs of the world for the prison population, pay them minimum wage, charge them fair room and board plus food and fine them for illicit behaviors. Then let's see how many repeat offenders there are.
    Last edited by -=GiMiK=-; 07-27-2012 at 20:15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubby Bear View Post
    Its actually Maya game, not meta game. It comes from the ancient Mayan tradition of rubbing 2 phallic sticks together in a ritual simulating the bonding made by warriors battling in the grand arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    My mind is like a parachute. It only works if it's open.

Apparently we put people on death row without any beyond-the-reasonable-doubt evidence. We instead lock them up in a concrete box for the rest of their life because that life is so much better. Of course we can find better evidence after 40 years proving their innocence because you know it is more fresh and the case is not closed. After turning them into a schizophrenic psychopaths who got buttraped couple of dozen times over the years they can finally get out and enjoy their lives.
    I apologize ahead of time, I had a bit of trouble understanding what point you were trying to get across. Are you saying it’s better for you and your family if you were executed rather than being let free after many years if you were wrongly convicted? Do you feel execution would acceptable outcome if your son was wrongly convicted?

I guess James Holmes should chill the rest of his life in prison after putting 12(?) people into the ground.
    I believe it would be more beneficial to study him. I am very happy they didn't execute the Iceman, the interviews he gave deep into his incarceration right before he died were invaluable for psychiatrists and investigators I believe he even confessed murders that hadn't been solved yet. I'm sure the families of those victims were happy to finally get closure, something that would not have happened had he been executed.

Look, I’m not saying some people don’t deserve to die but until we have a way to download all of the information in a dead brain and have a 100% fail proof judicial system I cannot stand behind it. No amount of savings is worth killing even 1 innocent person.
    Last edited by doomahx; 07-27-2012 at 20:37.

so basically, even if he doesn't want to kill someone due to his beliefs, a viable solution would be to arm him and have him kill 3 people?

if only his pastor told him, "thou shall not kill, unless 3 people are robbing you while fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    In what fantasy land does your scenario become the 'most likely'?
    if only he had a flashlight and radio to go with a gun, he could've blinded them, shot them all, and called in an artillery strike

kinda wish he was armed, that would've been a nice trinket for the robbers to get their hands on

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    if only he had a flashlight and radio to go with a gun, he could've blinded them, shot them all, and called in an artillery strike

kinda wish he was armed, that would've been a nice trinket for the robbers to get their hands on
    Knight Sandy Vagina himself to rescue the damsel in distress. How quaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).