Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
    Sounds like a hoot:

Part of the key to continue REALLY enjoying the game after Kingsmouth is to try looking things up on wikipedia. Most enemies are based on real mythology and that gives it a better immersion if you actually bother to see what they're based on.

I seriously doubt a review would say the quests devolve into 'kill X, fetch Y' for no reason.

For all you know the people saying how awesome the whole game is, are Funcom employees lol.
    cause no one gives a fuck about that. its just pvp pvp pvp

1000+

Im only casually playing it but so far its enjoyable.
    Skipping combat where i can, doing only story & puzzle quests as far as possible. For me story+riddle quests make it definitely worth the money.

edit: the game actually marks quests with symbols, so you know what kind of mission you accept. If you dont like combat/ courier / riddles type just dont accept them
    Last edited by Ghias; 07-26-2012 at 15:52.
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

13,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ghias View Post
    Skipping combat where i can, doing only story & puzzle quests as far as possible. For me story+riddle quests make it definitely worth the money.

edit: the game actually marks quests with symbols, so you know what kind of mission you accept. If you dont like combat/ courier / riddles type just dont accept them
    Like a point and click adventure no?
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Wait, they got point and click in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghias View Post

so why do u play a game with a month fee and ingame shop? for questing?
    thats strange!

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Like a point and click adventure no?
    Bit different tought the source of the dillema is certaintly a lack of it.

Adventure games are mostly about combining objects and applying them right place. The quests in the secret world are more like here is a riddle, figure out where to go from it / what sequence to push to open that door/ what the password might be / etc. while giving hints relying on real history or other external tools.

one required to translate a binary message from several satelite stations into letters to get the actual riddle which was based on the map
    one made use of ceasar chiffre, the encoding type was told in a riddle by itself
    once translated it hold 8 messages wich gave the order in which certain elements had to be activated

i don't know if i will run dry before i can make it trough but so far it's been interesting
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

I thought the game was solid to from beginning to end. The only complaint I had was the game seemed very light on content. You could finish all of quests in 2 weeks.

I think people just like to jump on Funcom. However if you don't expect the game to replace your life it's a nice diversion.

5000+

Game is going to be a carebear pile of shit why would you even fucking look into it?

EDIT: Rofl, red flags! red flags! Adun East supports this game you know it's going to be a pile of shit.
    Last edited by Makestro; 07-26-2012 at 19:25.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

13,000+

Need to play it before you can actually comment if it's bad or not. I bought it couple weeks after release as I was not bothered but was pleasantly surprised when I did play.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Need to play it before you can actually comment if it's bad or not. I bought it couple weeks after release as I was not bothered but was pleasantly surprised when I did play.
    lets see if you're saying that in a few months. At least with how shitty Darkfall was, I played it for 2 years.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

Quote Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
    EDIT: Rofl, red flags! red flags! Adun East supports this game you know it's going to be a pile of shit.
    haha so true

13,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
    lets see if you're saying that in a few months. At least with how shitty Darkfall was, I played it for 2 years.
    That's fair enough but I got my moneys worth for the first month atleast.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Forumfall: where mouthbreathing lemmings like naughty and makestro get their say! So please allow me to applaud your profound criticisms of the game:

"Hurr durr gam iz shitbad lol durr hurr!"

Whereas people who have enjoyed it were able to state simply why they have and moved on. I guess some people are just meant to be obnoxious apes while others have it in them to be normal human beings. Go figure.

Also, just curious to the both of you, is there literally a single player in Darkfall that would consider either of you anything but scrubs at the game? Because you both seem to be random noname shitters in every game you play and have a bone to pick about it as a result, i.e. being pieces of shit on different forums. Just an observation.
    Last edited by Adûn_East; 07-26-2012 at 20:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Chronic View Post
    Darkfall has been in a wonderful state for the last 2 years or so.
    Son, I don’t relish shooting a mosquito with an elephant gun, so why don’t you just shuffle along?
    I can't go on. I'll go on.

Wanderer
    (Guild Leader - The Wanderers)

I played/enjoyed it but I'm probably done. I like a lot of what they did but the main complaint of the OP is completely valid. Those investigation missions are superb - too bad they pretty much stop after the first area.

Supposedly they're going to be releasing a lot of content updates but there are just too many games coming for me to justify a sub. It's a damn shame they took a step back from AoC's combat.

Games aren't about subs. Developers want you to burn through content and come back with expansion they make more money that way.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!