Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Default The Secret World - Tortage ALL OVER AGAIN!

Who didn't see this coming?

-Beginning areas, awesome!
    -Later areas - uninspired unfinished dogshit.

From the review (thank god I didn't waste money and time on this one, but then again - FUNCOM people)

"Raising the bar but dropping the ball"

Later zones' quest content becomes markedly less interesting, relying more on run-of-the-mill brawn than brilliantly inspired brains. And when TSW trots out traditional MMO kill/collect tropes, it goes all the way. Tier One: kill five zombies/sea monsters/ghosts/demons/evil clowns in a location. Tier Two: kill five zombies/sea monsters/ghosts/demons/evil clowns in another location. Tier Three: kill five zombies/sea monsters/ghosts/demons/evil clowns in yet another location. And so on. Worse, I encountered my fair share of glitches, including a few quests that were out-and-out broken. After copious corpse runs and uttering curses more vile than anything my supernatural foes were flinging, the last thing I wanted to find out was that all my hard work was for nothing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...t-world-review

Last edited by Napalm_Enema; 07-26-2012 at 14:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

failcom is fail

13,000+

Damn, I've been enjoying the first area a lot and will take sometime to finish it.
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    Class: Swing
    Roles: 1) Swing Approves
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Funcom fails at delivering what they promise, but they don't seem to fail at creating the same grind other developers get away with. They have to ensure monthly payment somehow.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

13,000+
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Sounds like a hoot:

Part of the key to continue REALLY enjoying the game after Kingsmouth is to try looking things up on wikipedia. Most enemies are based on real mythology and that gives it a better immersion if you actually bother to see what they're based on.

I seriously doubt a review would say the quests devolve into 'kill X, fetch Y' for no reason.

For all you know the people saying how awesome the whole game is, are Funcom employees lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

13,000+

The researching does help because likely if there is a weakness in a monsters mythology then it will translate ingame to give you an idea on how to tackle it.

I've still got hell of a lot to go through but I'm taking it easy and taking as much in as possible but really loving the game, Blair Witch but this time I have a shotgun to take that bitch down!
    The Swing - IMMORTALS
    2) JUST AS PLANNED
    3) No u
    4) Faka you mutha

of course it sucks, I knew it all along when I saw the first gameplay video, BUT it is OVERHYPED. Fucking media overhyping wrong games!

More mindless game bashing on Forumfall? Say it ain't so!
    More mindless game bashing by Napalm? I'm equally as taken aback.

Actually, TSW has pretty balanced content from beginning to end. The endgame zones are more geared towards... *gasp* ... the endgame. The rewards are QL10 signets, glyphs, and pure crafting mats, and require your char to be prepared for the more "martial" challenges of the game both via gear and skillset, whereas the earlier parts of the game are intentionally more experimental and ambiguous to give you an idea what TSW is about and how it differs from other games.

Every time I see your infantile spam you remind me of shamer_gamer, who was equally as smitten with his own profound retardation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Chronic View Post
    Darkfall has been in a wonderful state for the last 2 years or so.
    Son, I don’t relish shooting a mosquito with an elephant gun, so why don’t you just shuffle along?
    I can't go on. I'll go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    More mindless game bashing on Forumfall? Say it ain't so!
    More mindless game bashing by Napalm? I'm equally as taken aback.

Actually, TSW has pretty balanced content from beginning to end. The endgame zones are more geared towards... *gasp* ... the endgame. The rewards are QL10 signets, glyphs, and pure crafting mats, and require your char to be prepared for the more "martial" challenges of the game both via gear and skillset, whereas the earlier parts of the game are intentionally more experimental and ambiguous to give you an idea what TSW is about and how it differs from other games.

Every time I see your infantile spam you remind me of shamer_gamer, who was equally as smitten with his own profound retardation.
    comes from that guy who hyped earthrise as SUPERDUPER SANDBOX MMO YO!

you remind me of shamer_gamer, who was equally as smitten with his own profound retardation.
    As retarded as shamer is.... your suggestion threads and ideas that you tended to argue against him were painfully retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

It's a lot of fun.

Egypt was very good like kingsmouth.

I'm only half way through Transylvania, but the quests are definitely less interesting (but i'm not as interested in that particular branch of mythology as I was the first two areas). However, as Adun rightly points out, the combat is more interesting and challenging, and different mobs require different approaches. The gear manager is a little buggy which can be frustrating, but switching between decks on the fly for a given situation is a lot of fun.

Game is growing on me more the longer I play it.
    Last edited by Rokstarr; 07-26-2012 at 15:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by naughty View Post
    comes from that guy who hyped earthrise as SUPERDUPER SANDBOX MMO YO!
    I understand going through life being autistic can be difficult, but please do try to make your posts worth reading on like at least a 1:50 ratio. I personally believe you can do it if you set your mind to the task! Try again with your next one.
    Son, I don’t relish shooting a mosquito with an elephant gun, so why don’t you just shuffle along?

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    As retarded as shamer is.... your suggestion threads and ideas that you tended to argue against him were painfully retarded.
    We've never seen eye to eye, Nacitar, so it doesn't surprise me you hold that opinion. Like back in the day when I would argue in favor of archery in DF, most of what I was saying being painfully obvious shit that was later repeated by the masses, I distinctly remember you saying at the time "what retarded suggestions".

Oh you, forumfall.

We've never seen eye to eye, Nacitar, so it doesn't surprise me you hold that opinion. Like back in the day when I would argue in favor of archery in DF, most of what I was saying being painfully obvious shit that was later repeated by the masses, I distinctly remember you saying at the time "what retarded suggestions".

Oh you, forumfall.
    so why are u still hanging around here? TSW has no forum?