Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

i can attest that tribes has become a complete pile of steaming shit.

Having never played a moba before playing HoN i've been playing that pretty consistently since it launched. I've since played both LoL and Dota 2.

Firstly there is no point even comparing HoN to LoL as they are completely different.

Now comparing HoN to Dota 2 is much easier as they are both more of less straight dota ports. At launch HoN played much more like Dota 2 as mainly, its heroes were ports.

Since then though HoN has changed considerably. The general gameplay of HoN is faster due to S2's focus on ganking heroes and more early mid game dominance whereas Dota 2 plays much more slowly but for me at least has a greater emphasis on team play.

Of the few general gameplay changes HoN has implemented i like the removal of the secret shops and the addition of the observatories. However i really do miss the 0:00 runes.

Now while i enjoy HoN as a game more than Dota 2 the community and general playerbase is well beyond dogshit.

After Dota2 releases i will probably change over completely. It's shaping up to be a better game in the near future and with Valve behind it, it's not exactly going to fail even if for me it's a bit of a step back as far as moba evolution goes.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by HmmMaybe View Post
    Having never played a moba before playing HoN i've been playing that pretty consistently since it launched. I've since played both LoL and Dota 2.

Firstly there is no point even comparing HoN to LoL as they are completely different.

Now comparing HoN to Dota 2 is much easier as they are both more of less straight dota ports. At launch HoN played much more like Dota 2 as mainly, its heroes were ports.

Since then though HoN has changed considerably. The general gameplay of HoN is faster due to S2's focus on ganking heroes and more early mid game dominance whereas Dota 2 plays much more slowly but for me at least has a greater emphasis on team play.

Of the few general gameplay changes HoN has implemented i like the removal of the secret shops and the addition of the observatories. However i really do miss the 0:00 runes.

Now while i enjoy HoN as a game more than Dota 2 the community and general playerbase is well beyond dogshit.

After Dota2 releases i will probably change over completely. It's shaping up to be a better game in the near future and with Valve behind it, it's not exactly going to fail even if for me it's a bit of a step back as far as moba evolution goes.
    I didn't realise HoN had changed so much, I always considered it a weaker version of DotA. At least now I know it's not completely redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    I didn't realise HoN had changed so much, I always considered it a weaker version of DotA. At least now I know it's not completely redundant.
    The second they removed the secret shop it was love at first sight man I hated that thing.
    https://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=406999&date  line=1396801665

MoBa games suck...
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    MoBa games suck...
    Why uncapitalise the "online" and "arena"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Normal User

I like Smite too

I played Hon during beta and I just find that having to farm creeps for 15min, because last hit is so important, is boring me. (maybe it has changed though)

at least in smite, you start focusing on gods and jungle managment right from the start.

1000+

How can I get a dota2 beta key?

I signed up through steam but can someone send invite or something?
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah are the proud new owners of Eronetil.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah won the challenge against Sick Bastards!

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Wooah View Post
    How can I get a dota2 beta key?

I signed up through steam but can someone send invite or something?
    25 euros in the dota2 store for beta access

1000+

Ew, hate those pay2beta system nowadays x.x

Thanks for the info though, anybody plays it a lot NA time?
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah are the proud new owners of Eronetil.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah won the challenge against Sick Bastards!