Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    5000+

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Since when are games about skill rather than fun?
    They are not mutually exclusive

None of you are professional players guys, the amount of "skill" you have is meaningless.
    Meaningless in what context? Meaningless in regards of having fun? Nope
    Last edited by Makgyver; 07-26-2012 at 22:15.

I really don't understand why as gamers we cannot just get along. Not everyone likes the same damn thing.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Unless you actually enjoy the "skill" involved with maintaining 100+ click-spam apm.
    Shit, I didn't even know that's what you did in MOBA games. Remind me to never play a MOBA game.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    Shit, I didn't even know that's what you did in MOBA games. Remind me to never play a MOBA game.
    Well, his statement is not correct. APM does not matter in a MOBA game, at all.

11,000+

Tenebrion doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Jedi it's no where near that. I have cerebral palsy and can play Dota 2 competitively... so yeah, nothing like SC levels of APM.

8000+

Oh. Okay.

5000+

You can buy beta access here http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetai...9587?appid=570 25 euro
    Last edited by Makgyver; 07-26-2012 at 23:10.

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bainwalker View Post
    Jedi it's no where near that. I have cerebral palsy and can play Dota 2 competitively... so yeah, nothing like SC levels of APM.
    The point is less about the APM number, and more about the actual control mechanics - using a ranged character is all about repeated clicking or mouse moving to maximize your ability to move in, get a shot, and duck back out of range or LOS, while using RTS controls like hold position and force move as you also move your camera to get a broader view. This is while frequently clicking between lanes to see what's going on in all three areas at once.

In contrast, SMITE is more about free-form movement, reacting to dumb-fire projectiles and attacks (instead of character-locking auto attacks and abilities), using mobs as shields, and being able to view the entire battlefield without needing to shift your view away from your character's immediate surroundings.

Again, the similarities between the two game types of MOBA and the two types of MMOs is striking - like I've said before, Dota is basically WoW, whereas Smite is Darkfall. Some people like tab targeting, but me personally - I'll always prefer non-tab target combat ; just like I always prefer Smite's control setup to Dota's.

And it's not even that Dota isn't fun for me - it's just less fun, especially now that I've played Smite.

I used 100 apm as a relatively low figure that I thought most people here were capable of meeting. I didn't expect that a low figure like 100 apm would be seen as some herculean feet beyond the ability of Darkfall players - especially the ones talking about "competitive gameplay" - but I guess I was mistaken.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 07-26-2012 at 23:42.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

5000+

I used 100 apm as a relatively low figure that I thought most people here were capable of meeting. I didn't expect that a low figure like 100 apm would be seen as some herculean feet beyond the ability of Darkfall players - especially the ones talking about "competitive gameplay" - but I guess I was mistaken.
    it seems you're forgetting that apm doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    it seems you're forgetting that apm doesn't matter
    Oh, hey, neat - it looks like you missed it the first time. Let me post it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion
    The point is less about the APM number, and more about the actual control mechanics - using a ranged character is all about repeated clicking or mouse moving to maximize your ability to move in, get a shot, and duck back out of range or LOS, while using RTS controls like hold position and force move as you also move your camera to get a broader view. This is while frequently clicking between lanes to see what's going on in all three areas at once.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 07-26-2012 at 23:42.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

5000+

Oh, hey, neat - it looks like you missed it the first time. Let me post it again.
    I saw that, it looked as if you first say "well guys I know apm doesn't matter" and then your last paragraph you act as if you never typed that first line

I saw that, it looked as if you first say "well guys I know apm doesn't matter" and then your last paragraph you act as if you never typed that first line
    it's okay, this is the same guy that's defending smite after hi-rez ruined tribes into a moneygrindfestleagueoflegendscopycatwann abe

how people even mention smite as a game and have the audacity to hate on LoL or Dota or even HoN is beyond retarded.

Not at all. I'm responding to the reaction of 'You can be good in Dota without having ridiculously high APM' by saying that I was using an arbitrary figure to illustrate the point of the control system being measurable in the ability to juggle direct-input actions (click to move, click to dodge, click to hold, etc), similar to WoW's control system being measurable in the ability to juggle a targetting priority & "skill rotation"

Quote Originally Posted by -Jotun View Post
    it's okay, this is the same guy that's defending smite after hi-rez ruined tribes into a moneygrindfestleagueoflegendscopycatwann abe.
    I'm sorry you either don't have either the time or the money to unlock things in Tribes. I hope that changes for you in the future.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 07-26-2012 at 23:51.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

Not at all. I'm responding to the reaction of 'You can be good in Dota without having ridiculously high APM' by saying that I was using an arbitrary figure to illustrate the point of the control system being measurable in the ability to juggle direct-input actions (click to move, click to dodge, click to hold, etc), similar to WoW's control system being measurable in the ability to juggle a targetting priority & "skill rotation"

I'm sorry you either don't have either the time or the money to unlock things in Tribes. I hope that changes for you in the future.
    lol, u srs bro? played since alpha and have everything unlocked, the game is fucking garbage at this point, and it's clear hi-rez didnt give a fuck about balance right after the plasma gun debacle. shit.