Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Bainwalker View Post
    I hate agreeing with a guy that can be such an ass but Dota 2 is beastly. I have well over 500 hours into it without even noticing that much time having passed.

It's hard to explain, but if you're a competitive gamer it's the shit. Much better setup for E-Sports too. HoN had it's chance and failed... LoL is cool but isn't as "Hardcore".

You just need to try it for yourself really.
    But what makes it so much better? I'm a noob when it comes to MOBA games. I know that LoL is basically the most noob-friendly dota-clone because you can't deny and the early game is rather passive because towers do tons of damage so people won't dive earlygame. Other than that, they look similar to me. I keep hearing DOTA2 is awesome, but I haven't really had anyone explain why

Is it because of similar things I mentioned above? Does all those small things added together amount to a game with a higher skillcap and a more competative game? I mean, I want to understand what people see in it. Is there a new feature or overhaul on some areas? Not trying to bash, I'm curious

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by iza View Post
    This would have been a reason for me to switch from Dota to HoN if they did this months ago. Now that Dota 2 is here... don't see what HoN has to offer other than worse balance.
    Pretty much.

I'm fine with LoL and Smite but I can't see why anyone would choose HoN over Dota 2 other than familiarity. HoN is practically the most redundant of the MOBA games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Smite > Dota/LoL/HoN, imo.

Unless you actually enjoy the "skill" involved with maintaining 100+ click-spam apm. But for me? I'll take manually dodging melee & ranged attacks over RTS controls any day.

I just hope Hi-Rez doesn't fail to ratchet up the complexity ; more gods, more items, more game mechanics.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 07-26-2012 at 20:48.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

Lol is more casual because not everyone has CC..
    You have to play more strategically in DoTA or HoN or you might never move in a group fight or die with out doing any damage.

I also think the early game is more intense in LoL than in dota 2 or hon, but that's just how i play personally. i've seen it go both ways.

haven't played this genre in a while though :/

can't stop playing mindless shooters when i get the chance

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Unless you actually enjoy the "skill" involved with maintaining 100+ click-spam apm.
    I'm not a bad Dota 2 player by any means and I doubt my APM is anywhere near 100. I suck at RTS games, and I mean really suck.

As a lover of both Dota 2 and Smite I have to say that Dota 2 has tons more strategy involved and it's way less forgiving.
    You are clearly awesome.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    I'm not a bad Dota 2 player by any means and I doubt my APM is anywhere near 100. I suck at RTS games, and I mean really suck.

As a lover of both Dota 2 and Smite I have to say that Dota 2 has tons more strategy involved and it's way less forgiving.
    i played hon with a friend that never had more then 60 apm and he was close to 1900 rating (might actually be 1900 since i stopped playing and he kept going). apm doesnt mean anything at all in an MOBA, you can only push one unit so far.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah are the proud new owners of Eronetil.
    # 06:27:40 PM: Owh Wooah won the challenge against Sick Bastards!

5000+

APM doesn't matter in MOBA games, you have one unit and no structures to keep track of. Hell even in starcraft, Testie is a beast and he has a relatively low APM

The reason why dota is the best is because it takes an entire team effort of skill, countering, and strategy to win instead of utilizing current top tier efforts of one or two people to win.

The trick in dota is the fact it requires early game planning, effort, and complete focus in every aspect of what your team needs that evolves within instead of following a straight line in LoL or being completely overpowered in HoN.

Dota is also gets updates the most, and has been the most balanced which is why most games last 50+ minutes due to the fact comebacks are the most possible in the game with two teams fighting against each other. You can bounce back even being behind due to the nature of each heros abilities and item build, such as a support character getting just aghnaims scept for ult upgrade and dying 12 times, no kills will still win you the game, etc.

just all around completely more competitive, you WILL get fucked if you fail on keeping your momentum going.

@tenebrion
    You simply suck at moba games if you think you need high apm to win the game, if anything it's the complete opposite. After hi-rez ruined tribes into the ground, what makes you think smite is any better? they are going to ruin it micro-transaction style just like league of shit has been for the past year, what makes it worse is the fact smite is literally one of the worst videogames ever made. I can't believe I took the time to actually play it, balance is shit, mechanics are total garbage, and it's not even remotely fun for someone who sucks at moba games (as with most people who play smite, are) due to the fact more seasoned people will completely ridonksmash the fuck out of the other team making it just silly as shit to even try. Bad game is bad.

5000+

^Ok, thanks for the explanation. I wonder, will DOTA2 have microtransactions / a cashshop?

6000+

smite best moba game ever, hands down.

everybody with skills knows that
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    You can't educate people that do not want to be educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    Dunning-Kruger, showing the internet as a parody of the human race since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    ^Ok, thanks for the explanation. I wonder, will DOTA2 have microtransactions / a cashshop?
    they already have a shop, cosmetic only.

dota 2 will be completely free to play, with all the heroes. HoN just needs players really bad because all the people left the game after dota 2 came out (since it' s better)

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by -Jotun View Post
    they already have a shop, cosmetic only.

dota 2 will be completely free to play, with all the heroes. HoN just needs players really bad because all the people left the game after dota 2 came out (since it' s better)
    Sounds great, cash shops should always sell cosmetics only

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Jotun View Post
    @tenebrion
    You simply suck at moba games
    Yeah, just like everyone who dislikes WoW's tab targetting must suck at WoW.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

11,000+

Since when are games about skill rather than fun?

None of you are professional players guys, the amount of "skill" you have is meaningless.
    You are clearly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Since when are games about skill rather than fun?

None of you are professional players guys, the amount of "skill" you have is meaningless.
    since dota has existed?

???

good observation there, derp