Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    Religion is poison. But I don't hate religion as much as I love rationality and reason.

I couldn't care less if a person is religious or not, as long as their reasonable and rational people, however, the less people with religious dogma in their minds, the better.
    I'll take Inherent Contradictions for $800, Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    I'll take Inherent Contradictions for $800, Alex.
    I think he's saying he's against religion but accepts people to have one, which isn't a contradiction

You can be anti-religion and still support peoples right to have and practice it
    Last edited by Makgyver; 07-26-2012 at 18:24.

5000+

"People who check "None" for their religious affiliation are now nearly one in five Americans (19%)"

I see no reason to assume those people are atheists. Could be quite a lot of fundies and crazy religious people that would check none simply because they're not affiliated with a religious organization. And "none" would mean a-religious or not believing in organized religion, not not believing in god and you could still belong to a religion even though you are an atheist.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    "People who check "None" for their religious affiliation are now nearly one in five Americans (19%)"

I see no reason to assume those people are atheists. Could be quite a lot of fundies and crazy religious people that would check none simply because they're not affiliated with a religious organization. And "none" would mean a-religious or not believing in organized religion, not not believing in god and you could still belong to a religion even though you are an atheist.
    You have a point but you're stretching it when you say you see no reason to assume those people are atheists. I think you're being to litteral

Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    I think he's saying he's against religion but accepts people to have one, which isn't a contradiction

You can be anti-religion and still support peoples right to have and practice it
    Think what you want, I'm going to take him at his word until he changes it.
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post

This.

Like I said, I'm very confident in saying the world would be way better off without religion and other forms of dogma. But I support freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I respect their right to have those beliefs, but I don't respect the beliefs themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    Also, jedicake, check out http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...fareed-zakaria and jump 12m into it.
    good watch, Jon Stewart is great
    Last edited by Jedicake; 07-26-2012 at 19:10.

This.

Like I said, I'm very confident in saying the world would be way better off without religion and other forms of dogma. But I support freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I respect their right to have those beliefs, but I don't respect the beliefs themselves.
    What you said was that you didn't care but that you did care.....

It's all good though, was only zinging you a bit; you are free to think what you want.

5000+

The fact extreme religion is slowly being connected to mental health issues says more than anything.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

3000+

Survey finds 19% without religious affiliation
    That is a depressingly small number.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogenium View Post
    Same place humanity comes from: instincts and reason.
    Orly? And who defines said morality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    One thing's for certain, it sure isn't your jelous, insecure and petty god. And if you're going disagree then you clearly haven't read your own holy scriptures.

If you really are interested in knowing more about morality then watch the movies I linked earlier in this thread. Get edumacatored
    Last edited by Makgyver; 07-27-2012 at 15:30.

The social group are part of. That is why turning moral values by definition into laws is usually a bad thing, because they might not benefit the group under al circumstances. This also why moral values change from to group and within a group over time.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

Normal User

Lol, who defines morality? It's kind of obvious, you do!

It's not like there was a universal, absolute moral. What is moral and what is not depends on who you are and in what kind of situation you are in.

Share with us your idea of morality. What do you think it is? Where does it come from?
    Last edited by Holy_victory; 07-27-2012 at 15:42.
    Garou Lintermittent on NA1

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyayne View Post
    Garou is not, he is secretly a demon wearing a guise of kindness; he sucks thine soul while you think of how nice he is.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_victory View Post
    Share with us your idea of morality. What do you think it is? Where does it come from?
    Why even ask this? We all know the answer and nobody wants to give Rokstarr the platform to spew his bullshit yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Normal User

Default No no no

Quote Originally Posted by Reckun View Post
    Eh, its not really a big deal especially since those who aren't religious aren't necessary good quality people
    I find religious people to be below the par for quality.

Quote Originally Posted by palo god View Post
    Religious people in my experience tend to be much better people then none religious people in terms of holding themselves to higher standards and acting more humanitarian.
    BAH! Most are weak & stupid, many are sociopaths who are there just to gather the lynch mob into a feavered rage. Most of these "christians" are the dirties hypcritical hoes you will find "well I must remain a virgin & not use condoms so anal it will be - woops had sex, it was gods WILL and not my fault." Or "I'm a sinner so its okay to freely break my ethics whenever it suits me - I'll just ask for gods forgiveness later."

And how about breeding Starving Africans - there used to be 20million of them back in 1984 NOW there's 50million.
    That is unethical, you don't feed starving stray dogs - thinking "That will fix the problem."
    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis
    If you aren't grinding, you must be dying faster and more often than all the children in Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratos
    I was gonna focus, I suddenly get really sick, cant study at all. All I can do is play some darkfall to ease the pain. I am a degenerate.