Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    Religion is poison. But I don't hate religion as much as I love rationality and reason.

    I couldn't care less if a person is religious or not, as long as their reasonable and rational people, however, the less people with religious dogma in their minds, the better.
    I'll take Inherent Contradictions for $800, Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  2. #32
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    I'll take Inherent Contradictions for $800, Alex.
    I think he's saying he's against religion but accepts people to have one, which isn't a contradiction

    You can be anti-religion and still support peoples right to have and practice it
    Last edited by Makgyver; 07-26-2012 at 18:24.

  3. #33
    5000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    "People who check "None" for their religious affiliation are now nearly one in five Americans (19%)"

    I see no reason to assume those people are atheists. Could be quite a lot of fundies and crazy religious people that would check none simply because they're not affiliated with a religious organization. And "none" would mean a-religious or not believing in organized religion, not not believing in god and you could still belong to a religion even though you are an atheist.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

  4. #34
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    "People who check "None" for their religious affiliation are now nearly one in five Americans (19%)"

    I see no reason to assume those people are atheists. Could be quite a lot of fundies and crazy religious people that would check none simply because they're not affiliated with a religious organization. And "none" would mean a-religious or not believing in organized religion, not not believing in god and you could still belong to a religion even though you are an atheist.
    You have a point but you're stretching it when you say you see no reason to assume those people are atheists. I think you're being to litteral

  5. #35
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    I think he's saying he's against religion but accepts people to have one, which isn't a contradiction

    You can be anti-religion and still support peoples right to have and practice it
    Think what you want, I'm going to take him at his word until he changes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  6. #36
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    8,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
    I think he's saying he's against religion but accepts people to have one, which isn't a contradiction

    You can be anti-religion and still support peoples right to have and practice it
    This.

    Like I said, I'm very confident in saying the world would be way better off without religion and other forms of dogma. But I support freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I respect their right to have those beliefs, but I don't respect the beliefs themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    Also, jedicake, check out http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...fareed-zakaria and jump 12m into it.
    good watch, Jon Stewart is great
    Last edited by Jedicake; 07-26-2012 at 19:10.

  7. #37
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    This.

    Like I said, I'm very confident in saying the world would be way better off without religion and other forms of dogma. But I support freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I respect their right to have those beliefs, but I don't respect the beliefs themselves.
    What you said was that you didn't care but that you did care.....

    It's all good though, was only zinging you a bit; you are free to think what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  8. #38
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,999

    Default

    The fact extreme religion is slowly being connected to mental health issues says more than anything.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

  9. #39
    3000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    Survey finds 19% without religious affiliation
    That is a depressingly small number.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogenium View Post
    Same place humanity comes from: instincts and reason.
    Orly? And who defines said morality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

  11. #41
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    Orly? And who defines said morality?
    One thing's for certain, it sure isn't your jelous, insecure and petty god. And if you're going disagree then you clearly haven't read your own holy scriptures.

    If you really are interested in knowing more about morality then watch the movies I linked earlier in this thread. Get edumacatored
    Last edited by Makgyver; 07-27-2012 at 15:30.

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    Orly? And who defines said morality?
    The social group are part of. That is why turning moral values by definition into laws is usually a bad thing, because they might not benefit the group under al circumstances. This also why moral values change from to group and within a group over time.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

  13. #43
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Québec
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    Orly? And who defines said morality?
    Lol, who defines morality? It's kind of obvious, you do!

    It's not like there was a universal, absolute moral. What is moral and what is not depends on who you are and in what kind of situation you are in.

    Share with us your idea of morality. What do you think it is? Where does it come from?
    Last edited by Holy_victory; 07-27-2012 at 15:42.
    Garou Lintermittent on NA1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyayne View Post
    Garou is not, he is secretly a demon wearing a guise of kindness; he sucks thine soul while you think of how nice he is.

  14. #44
    11,000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, obviously
    Posts
    11,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_victory View Post
    Share with us your idea of morality. What do you think it is? Where does it come from?
    Why even ask this? We all know the answer and nobody wants to give Rokstarr the platform to spew his bullshit yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

  15. #45
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    online
    Posts
    273

    Default No no no

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckun View Post
    Eh, its not really a big deal especially since those who aren't religious aren't necessary good quality people
    I find religious people to be below the par for quality.

    Quote Originally Posted by palo god View Post
    Religious people in my experience tend to be much better people then none religious people in terms of holding themselves to higher standards and acting more humanitarian.
    BAH! Most are weak & stupid, many are sociopaths who are there just to gather the lynch mob into a feavered rage. Most of these "christians" are the dirties hypcritical hoes you will find "well I must remain a virgin & not use condoms so anal it will be - woops had sex, it was gods WILL and not my fault." Or "I'm a sinner so its okay to freely break my ethics whenever it suits me - I'll just ask for gods forgiveness later."

    And how about breeding Starving Africans - there used to be 20million of them back in 1984 NOW there's 50million.
    That is unethical, you don't feed starving stray dogs - thinking "That will fix the problem."
    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis
    If you aren't grinding, you must be dying faster and more often than all the children in Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratos
    I was gonna focus, I suddenly get really sick, cant study at all. All I can do is play some darkfall to ease the pain. I am a degenerate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •