Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85
  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_victory View Post
    Do you know what could save your life more than a gun? A BULLET PROOF VEST. Why didn't anybody think of that? If you're worried you're gonna get shot in a park or in a theater, always wear a bulletproof vest under you're shirt. You never know, it could save your life.
    http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated...3936273195.jpg
    Last edited by Abaratican; 07-26-2012 at 16:40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
    Then you haven't looked at the statistics. If you want to lower your death rate from guns you need strong gun control laws. If guns weren't readily available then criminals would have a difficult time trying to get one.

    Gun-related deaths per year for a few major countries (ordered here by deaths per 100,000):
    United States - 11,127 (3.601/100,000)
    Canada – 165 (0.484/100,000)
    Germany – 381 (0.466/100,000)
    France – 255 (0.389/100,000)
    Australia – 65 (0.292/100,000)
    United Kingdom – 68 (0.109/100,000)
    Japan – 39 (0.030/100,000)

    So the statistics speak for themselves. Anyone who advocates more funding for the police for the specific purpose of fighting gun crime isn't a liberal, but someone in denial about the truth or perhaps even intellectually challenged.

    The second amendment was written in an age when men were believed to be divine. It turns out you give an ape a gun and the predictable happens: murder rates skyrocket, as well as incarceration rates for crimes that become more easily committed with the use of firearms.

    So, I'm all for the second amendment myself. Just don't complain when people die from gun crimes on a daily basis. This is the cost of your gun freedom and a culture that glorifies gun use.
    Why focus only on gun deaths? And why only focus on countries that have really low murder rates?

    Why, for instance, did you not include Mexico or Russia?

    And why didn't you point out the fact that the non-gun murder rate in the U.S. is 5 times the total murder rate in Japan? That can't be because of easy access to guns, can it?

  3. #48

    Default

    But hes not actually even wearing one

  4. #49
    Banned Chipatama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Le Faucigny
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_victory View Post
    More gun freedom has absolutely no advantage. Do you know what could save your life more than a gun? A BULLET PROOF VEST. Why didn't anybody think of that? If you're worried you're gonna get shot in a park or in a theater, always wear a bulletproof vest under you're shirt. You never know, it could save your life.
    Wear a bullet proof vest at all time,
    Not beeing a paranoid motherfucker.

    Pick one.

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chipatama View Post
    Wear a bullet proof vest at all time,
    Not beeing a paranoid motherfucker.

    Pick one.
    when you say not being paranoid, do you mean carrying a gun with you everywhere you go?

    better for people to run around armored than shooting each other up like the wild west

  6. #51
    5000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Scotland & Norway
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_victory View Post
    How useful would a gun be if you were to be fired at by a criminal? Do you think you've got the time to shoot back at someone when he's got the jump on you with your handgun?
    As statistics show, if the criminal knows you've got a gun, they're not likely to try. Risk vs profit.
    Old UO RP'er who misses CoY and ERPA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Come on, mate, you'll have better luck converting people door to door. Our souls are already marching to the eternal fire, we are forever tainted by too much internet porn and grand theft auto.

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusghuul View Post
    As statistics show, if the criminal knows you've got a gun, they're not likely to try. Risk vs profit.
    live far away from criminals

    if they know they have to drive to get to you, they're not likely to show up

  8. #53

    Default

    Bulletproof vests are hot and stuffy. I have lots of neato places I can conceal a weapon that can make a new hole in your face for you to breathe out of.

    Most of you namby pambies will rue the day you don't have a gun when you need one, then as most predictable hypocrite's you'll run out and get one the next day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
    Bulletproof vests are hot and stuffy. I have lots of neato places I can conceal a weapon that can make a new hole in your face for you to breathe out of.

    Most of you namby pambies will rue the day you don't have a gun when you need one, then as most predictable hypocrite's you'll run out and get one the next day.

    yes, let's create a bunch of zimmermans, good call

  10. #55

    Default

    us "culture" is a clusterfuck of cultures and it's been going down the shitter since 1492

  11. #56
    5000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Scotland & Norway
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    live far away from criminals

    if they know they have to drive to get to you, they're not likely to show up
    Then they win.
    Old UO RP'er who misses CoY and ERPA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Come on, mate, you'll have better luck converting people door to door. Our souls are already marching to the eternal fire, we are forever tainted by too much internet porn and grand theft auto.

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    yes, let's create a bunch of zimmermans, good call
    You're right; it would have been better for Trayvon to have beaten this man to death for keeping eyes on a suspicious individual until police arrived.

    (this is what the evidence indicates)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    why even ask me to post information or statistics if you're already set in your mind anyway?

    I also don't think it's in your best interest to admit that you would lie about something while you're trying to prove a point

    the solution to deter crime by arming everybody is a pipe dream, especially with the majority of gun nuts having a shoot first ask later mentality... most americans aren't cut out for being responsible enough to carry a firearm, and there is no effective screening process in place to prevent them from doing so
    If you would rather ignore rational arguments in favor of making personal attacks, enjoy. The reality is the "gun nuts" you speak of? The ones carrying right now? Have an absurdly low crime rate. People like George Zimmerman are the definition of miniscule minority compared to the other 99.999% of LTC permit holders. At no point did i claim to "arm everybody," i understand that it is easier to project a stereotype as opposed to facing the clear flaws in your argument, just try a little harder to conceal it next time ok? If you wish to ignore statistical evidence which countermands your stance, that is one thing, but you cannot in the very next breath accuse me of doing the same via a personal attack.

    P.S. There is without a shadow of a doubt an effective screening process to obtain an LTC permit, please please please actually look into something before running your mouth. Even the most lax states like Pennsylvania require fingerprinting, personal references, in-person interveiws, and a clean bill of mental health as well as criminal record.

    Edit: Also, LOL at the people discussing "bulletproof vests" who literally have zero idea what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Foxdie; 07-27-2012 at 01:29.

  14. #59
    Banned Chipatama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Le Faucigny
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    shooting each other up like the wild west
    That's beeing paranoid.

  15. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    You're right; it would have been better for Trayvon to have beaten this man to death for keeping eyes on a suspicious individual until police arrived.

    (this is what the evidence indicates)
    the evidence indicates a person with a violent criminal background who is willing to lie to the courts, ignoring guidelines and advice to not follow, getting angry that they(the criminals, which trayvon was not) always get away, finally catching up with the person he's been stalking and killing them

    how does somebody who has been arrested for two violent crimes pass a background check to get a carry permit? because the system that's in place is utter garbage and lets these people run around like they're the punisher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •