Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

What do you mean "gun control at its best"? There is no gun control in the United States. Rednecks want their guns to be easy to get.

2000+

Doesn't every single person in Switzerland have a big ass gun in their house and yet they have the lowest crime rate in the world?

Also, don't they have the worlds largest shooting range?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrothath View Post
    Doesn't every single person in Switzerland have a big ass gun in their house and yet they have the lowest crime rate in the world?

Also, don't they have the worlds largest shooting range?
    The problem with people in the US wanting every individual with opposing thumbs to have guns or the absolute opposite to have no guns at all anywhere is that neither party stops to wonder what causes this form of violence in the first place.
    Why go people on shooting sprees more often? Why has it become seemingly worthwhile for more people to shoot someone whenever they feel like it?

The only difference guns make is that it is easier to harm more people in one go as opposed to someone who goes on a spree with a thee-spoon. However it doesn't change the fact that violence seems to escalating.
    Is to due to higher reporting or media coverage or is violence actually increasing?
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

I'm all for concealed handgun permits etc.. But in this instance there is nothing someone with a gun could have done. These guys fired off a few quick bursts and then took off. Even you with your vaunted gunkata(tm) skills would have been sorely pressed to take them down while you're chillaxing at a park and have no inclination that violence is about to happen.

I mean honestly, how fast do you react to a situation and bring heat to bear? Not to mention they sound like they were pretty far away and just firing into a crowd of people, so unless you're some crack marksman at distance with a pistol (very difficult), I seriously doubt you would have changed anything about this scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

1000+

So what's this supposed to be? Trying to create public opinion by constantly showing some of negative sideeffects of handing out guns?

I mean it's really not a secret that you have to options. Either pussy out,take weapons away from everyone and enjoy less risk getting shot or enjoy your freedom to do whatever you want with weapons at the risk of dying at some retards wim. Not that hard just decide and deal with it.
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

Quote Originally Posted by Ghias View Post
    So what's this supposed to be? Trying to create public opinion by constantly showing some of negative sideeffects of handing out guns?

I mean it's really not a secret that you have to options. Either pussy out,take weapons away from everyone and enjoy less risk getting shot or enjoy your freedom to do whatever you want with weapons at the risk of dying at some retards wim. Not that hard just decide and deal with it.
    I'll give you a simple insight into LOD-

Brown / slightly brown people are hella dangerous, unpredictable, and armed to the teeth. If you don't have a handgun, concealed handgun permit, and at least some throwing stars or knives strapped to your ankle (even while at the beach or pool), you're an idiot. Police can't help you, you need to be ready to sling iron at any second, anywhere, anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I play Halo and I'm autistic.

I find the implication that you can actually take weapons away from everyone to be exceedingly amusing.
    Last edited by Abaratican; 07-25-2012 at 14:54.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by [LoD] EE View Post
    There is only one group of people who need to worry about law abiding citizens owning guns and that is the criminals, not other law abiding citizens.
    Completely wrong.

There is another very large, more violent, agressive and ominous group. Government...on all levels, from cops to the president.

3000+ Long term follower

Countries like Canada and Germany don't have large violent ghettos like the south side of Chicago. These kinds of ghettos exist in just about every major American city and really schew America's violence statistics (what's life expectancy there for a black man? 40? as bad as African countries). America's problem is not guns per say, but the culture of violence and overall breakdown of society in these black inner city areas, it's a much larger issues than just GUNS, and has been an ongoing issue for like 60 years now.

Personally I blame the governments that have failed in their administration of the housing projects and schools that were supposed to provide shelter/order to communities and educate the younger generations to give them opportunity. Despite massive money spent, the housing and schools are all in shambles. The democratic party's machine politics that dominate these areas for decades has utterly failed these people. The best bet now is to reform the schools, cuz the public ones are run by unaccountable and corrupt unions, fortunately black parents are now behind school reform in the form of charter schools and/or voucher programs so at least future generations will have better education and thus opportunity to lead prosperous lives.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    I find the implication that you can actually take weapons away from everyone to be exceedingly amusing.
    well to be precise : everyone : everyone who gives a fuck about laws and is not military/police/... still plenty of people

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    Countries like Canada and Germany don't have large violent ghettos like the south side of Chicago.
    I don't know in general but german cities have also their regions where 99% are immigrants and regions where almost none is. Violent crime is also existent. Thankfully not with guns as most of those wangsters lack the means to aquire those. Which means chances for survival are higher. They fight with fistweapons, steel pipes etc. it just means that instead of death bodies you get cripples. Better than death but not like it's all sunshine here.

3000+ Long term follower

I don't know in general but german cities have also their regions where 99% are immigrants and regions where almost none is. Violent crime is also existent. Thankfully not with guns as most of those wangsters lack the means to aquire those. Which means chances for survival are higher. They fight with fistweapons, steel pipes etc. it just means that instead of death bodies you get cripples. Better than death but not like it's all sunshine here.
    There are some tough "ghetto" areas in european & canadian cities, but they are nowhere close to the scale of American ones, both in terms of size and intensity of violence/gang activity. We are talking orders of magnitude difference. Most non-americans (and even a lot of Americans from sheltered lives) have no concept how bad this is there, simply because it is very difficult to conceive!

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    There are some tough "ghetto" areas in european & canadian cities, but they are nowhere close to the scale of American ones, both in terms of size and intensity of violence/gang activity. We are talking orders of magnitude difference. Most non-americans (and even a lot of Americans from sheltered lives) have no concept how bad this is there, simply because it is very difficult to conceive!
    Americans with common sense avoid those areas. Those who know how to conceive them know so due to their own foolishness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

1000+

lol imagine if you could only have weapons that were around when the 2nd amendment was written.

Mofo's running around with 6' muzzle loaders slung over the shoulder. Bayonets n shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    intentional homicides in 2008

(1)United States (5.22/100,000)
    (2)Canada (1.67/100,000)
    (3)France (1.35/100,000)
    (4)United Kingdom (1.27/100,000) (multiple stats averaged)
    (5)Australia (1.23/100,000)
    (6)Germany (0.80/100,000)
    (7)Japan (0.45/100,000)

(fixed order from highest to lowest)
    % of Black People

(1)United States (13%)
    (2)France (8%)
    (3)Canada (2.5%)
    (4)United Kingdom (1.8%)
    (5)Australia (~1%) *
    (6)Germany (~.5%) *
    (7)Japan (No relevant statistics)

*= Countries do not keep racial statistics, information attained through means other than official census'

Interesting..... /pokerface

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx