Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 678 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 131
  1. #91
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/116140.html

    The Post-Aurora 'Rampage' Few Have Heard About
    Posted by William Grigg on July 22, 2012 10:20 AM

    One day after a lethal shooting rampage in Aurora, Colorado left twelve people dead and scores injured, another eruption of criminal violence left one dead and several others injured in Anaheim, California. The perpetrators of the second assault were officers from the Anaheim Police Department, who used "non-lethal" rounds — such as rubber bullets, which are reliably lethal at close range — to disperse a spontaneous protest that coalesced after the "officer-involved shooting" of a young man in the neighborhood.

    Cell phone video of the police assault shows a wall of officers in riot gear directing "non-lethal" fire at a group of unarmed and terrified civilians — including several small children, who were shielded by a man who appeared to be their father. Another officer unleashed a police dog, which immediately attacked a stroller containing an infant. A bystander who interposed himself — and was mauled by the dog for doing so — probably saved the child's life.

    Those acts, in which private citizens protected the innocent from criminal violence at the hands of the State's armed servants, were just as heroic as those of the three men in Aurora who died protecting their girlfriends during the shooting rampage.

    Local news accounts, which retailed the department's version of events, described the crowd as "unruly" and the protest as a "near-riot" in which angry citizens "encircled" the officers and "began throwing things, including bottles and possibly rocks, at them," in the words of a Los Angeles Times report.The police also claimed that "several fires" had been started in trashcans. None of those claims have been been corroborated by video evidence or eyewitnesses. Nor have the police explained why the police gunned down the young man, referred to only as "Stomper," after he and two others fled when approached by the cops.

    Immediately after the shooting, several residents confronted the police to demand answers. The Anaheim PD — sensing an ominous tremor of righteous outrage on the part of a neighborhood that has endured seven "officer-involved shootings" this year — reverted to type as an army of occupation: Within a matter of minutes, the unarmed protesters were outnumbered by heavily armed cops in body armor.

    In the wake of the Aurora massacre, the public has been encouraged to believe that because of private gun ownership, every public gathering place can be transformed into the scene of a massacre. The Anaheim police rampage illustrates how quickly the State's armed enforcement caste — which, according to "gun control" activists, should have a monopoly on firearms — can turn any neighborhood into an urban war zone.
    Here is food for thought to gun control nuts.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  2. #92
    5000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/116140.html



    Here is food for thought to gun control nuts.
    LOL, people are afraid of gathering in groups now because risking massacre? Good. Even if it was a significant risk, most of it would apply to pre-announced and prolonged congregations, especially of homogeneous groups which significant parts of the population despise. And even then, the risks posed by unintentional contagions and the likelihood of getting trampled or assaulted by someone in your own crowd are probably worse, just not as frightening. Maybe James Holmes is a hero, saving thousands of lives every year of people are more careful and aware. Would have been an even greater hero if he had shot up anti-vaccers or something though.
    Last edited by Weeking; 07-23-2012 at 14:07.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

  3. #93
    1000+ psychosiszz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Empire
    Posts
    1,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    LOL, people are afraid of gathering in groups now because risking massacre? Good. Even if it was a significant risk, most of it would apply to pre-announced and prolonged congregations, especially of homogeneous groups which significant parts of the population despise. And even then, the risks posed by unintentional contagions and the likelihood of getting trampled or assaulted by someone in your own crowd are probably worse, just not as frightening. Maybe James Holmes is a hero, saving thousands of lives every year of people are more careful and aware. Would have been an even greater hero if he had shot up anti-vaccers or something though.
    Maybe James Holmes is the Hero America needs. They will hate him for it, but either you die a Hero or live long enough to become the Villain.

    Jokes aside. People like this guy dont have any empathy, part of there brain is disconnected to the rest. People are always going to gather for social/entertainment/political events its not going to change. You cant let fear stop you from living.
    Last edited by psychosiszz; 07-23-2012 at 14:44.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bulleteus View Post
    And tomorrow it will have thinned out to a lone gunman again.

  5. #95

    Default

    http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2012...-they-related/

    quite interesting reading the guy makes some good points

  6. #96
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bulleteus View Post
    Was just reading about that then say this comment-

    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread863163/pg12

    To the OP, and I know this has probably been posted, forgive but my time is limited so I couldn't go through it all ..

    However.. police stated early on that they found the exit door propped open.. I think we'll find, and it's already a pretty popular idea.. that the shooter himself was in the audience, faked like he got a phone call, got up and walked to the exit.. propped it open, went to his car to put on his gear and then re-entered via the propped open door.

    Why fake a phone call? .. it's less suspicious than just walking out the exit.. if you fake a call then you look like you're just trying to be courteous .. his car was in fact parked by the exit and from what I've read, he's said he purchased a ticket for the movie so it stands to reason it was him .. it makes perfect sense.
    Seems to be what probably happened. Occam's razor.

  7. #97
    5000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychosiszz View Post
    People like this guy dont have any empathy, part of there brain is disconnected to the rest. People are always going to gather for social/entertainment/political events its not going to change. You cant let fear stop you from living.
    That's not literally how it works and it's a learned skill the military f ex learns, not a disease/abnormality/inferiority. On the contrary, most people are pathetic freaks of nature having, or acting like they have, empathy and sympathy for complete strangers, unlike just about every other wild animal.

    And you should let fear stop you from putting yourself in unnecessary danger. That's what it is for.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

  8. #98
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    There are very few who would do it in a way similar to this Batman shooter. You have to make distinctions between a crime of passion, (which far more people are capable of) and people like this man who kill out of a rare dysfunction of some kind. Events like this are very rare indeed.

    Btw wasn't insinuating that a school shooting was a crime passion, just giving an example of common motivations. Those events are very rare too.
    You do not know anything about this man personally. You only know what you have been told/read. These event are not as rare around the world(just maybe not as well thought out). Also the reason people do not do this sort of thing more often is because of the society we live in and the "rules" everyone is scared to break. I agree specifically that movie shootings are rare but not the fact that there are plenty of these people out there. Most of them do not have the means, the motivation or are held back by the possible consequences.

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/116140.html



    Here is food for thought to gun control nuts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIwjU...layer_embedded

    in the video its clear that the suspect was handcuffed...so the question is was he shot while handcuffed which counts as execution or he was handcuffed after being shot and if yes why would anyone handcuff a corpse

  10. #100
    2000+ The Grixxitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NOLA 70116
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bulleteus View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIwjU...layer_embedded

    in the video its clear that the suspect was handcuffed...so the question is was he shot while handcuffed which counts as execution or he was handcuffed after being shot and if yes why would anyone handcuff a corpse
    You handcuff a suspect that has been shot because the act of doubletapping to make sure they're dead is generally frowned upon among law enforcement types and the civilians who employ them.

    - The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post
    You handcuff a suspect that has been shot because the act of doubletapping to make sure they're dead is generally frowned upon among law enforcement types and the civilians who employ them.
    thx for clearing that up for me

  12. #102

  13. #103
    1000+ psychosiszz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Empire
    Posts
    1,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    That's not literally how it works and it's a learned skill the military f ex learns, not a disease/abnormality/inferiority. On the contrary, most people are pathetic freaks of nature having, or acting like they have, empathy and sympathy for complete strangers, unlike just about every other wild animal.

    And you should let fear stop you from putting yourself in unnecessary danger. That's what it is for.
    Actually you couldn't be anymore wrong. Empathy isn't a learned skill its part of our evolution its how we came to together to create settlements, culture etc. Also it cant be unlearned, it can be hammered over and repressed but it will come back maybe years into your life. If your born without it, then it is abnormal.

    Now I can say I feel bad for these people but theres no emotional connection there for me to really care. However if I was there and saw children and adults getting shot, then I think I would have a great deal of empathy for them.

    Also Empathy is within the animal kingdom ever own a dog? hell even a strange dog would comfort a human because of the symbiotic relationship we have formed with them over thousands of years. Animals can even die of depression for example when there mate dies, heres the wolf King of Currumpaw (Lobo) Blanca his mate.

    "Despite the danger, Lobo followed Blanca's scent to Seton's ranch house where they had taken the body. Seton then set more traps, using Blanca's body to scent them. On January 31, 1894, Lobo was caught, with each of his four legs clutched in a trap. On Seton's approach, Lobo stood despite his injuries, and howled. Touched by Lobo's bravery and loyalty to his mate, Seton could not kill him. He and his men roped Lobo, muzzled him and secured him to a horse, taking him back to the ranch. Lobo refused to acknowledge his captors; they secured him with a chain and he just gazed across the prairie. Lobo died that night, although Seton knew he died of a broken heart."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobo_the_King_of_Currumpaw

    Animals aren't as one dimensional as your making out.

    If you feel no empathy... well then something must be wrong.

    and I should let fear stop me from having a social life? even though the chance of me being killed in these extremely rare attacks (in England atleast) is probably billion to 1. I'll take my chances. Fear does keep you alive but there are some fears you need to overcome.

  14. #104
    2000+ The Grixxitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NOLA 70116
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychosiszz View Post
    Actually you couldn't be anymore wrong. Empathy isn't a learned skill its part of our evolution its how we came to together to create settlements, culture etc. Also it cant be unlearned, it can be hammered over and repressed but it will come back maybe years into your life. If your born without it, then it is abnormal.

    Now I can say I feel bad for these people but theres no emotional connection there for me to really care. However if I was there and saw children and adults getting shot, then I think I would have a great deal of empathy for them.

    Also Empathy is within the animal kingdom ever own a dog? hell even a strange dog would comfort a human because of the symbiotic relationship we have formed with them over thousands of years. Animals can even die of depression for example when there mate dies, heres the wolf King of Currumpaw (Lobo) Blanca his mate.

    "Despite the danger, Lobo followed Blanca's scent to Seton's ranch house where they had taken the body. Seton then set more traps, using Blanca's body to scent them. On January 31, 1894, Lobo was caught, with each of his four legs clutched in a trap. On Seton's approach, Lobo stood despite his injuries, and howled. Touched by Lobo's bravery and loyalty to his mate, Seton could not kill him. He and his men roped Lobo, muzzled him and secured him to a horse, taking him back to the ranch. Lobo refused to acknowledge his captors; they secured him with a chain and he just gazed across the prairie. Lobo died that night, although Seton knew he died of a broken heart."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobo_the_King_of_Currumpaw

    Animals aren't as one dimensional as your making out.

    If you feel no empathy... well then something must be wrong.

    and I should let fear stop me from having a social life? even though the chance of me being killed in these extremely rare attacks (in England atleast) is probably billion to 1. I'll take my chances. Fear does keep you alive but there are some fears you need to overcome.
    I don't really want to validate Weekling's sociophobic statement but I believe you're confusing animals that mate for life with actual emotions.

    - The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

  15. #105
    2000+ The Grixxitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NOLA 70116
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Also (just throwing it out there), if there was a crazy fucker with an assault rifle shooting at me from one side, and 3 poorly trained vigilante civilians with pistols shooting past me at said crazy fucker from the other side, I would be more concerned about the randoms shooting the pistols (in the dark, in a crowd, scared out of their wits...)

    - The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •