Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast

Default At least ten dead at Batman Premiere

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1688464.html

You're a wannabe batman-fan if you don't shoot people to skip the line.

1000+

Someone rp'ed a bit too much me thinks.

Vapourware or reality? We'll know Soon™ !!

11,000+

And so it begins...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Strawman!
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

14 dead now and 50 injured.

Can someone please explain to me why this isn't being labeled an act of terrorism? Some articles even explicitly say "there is no evidence to suggest this was an act of terrorism". How is this not terrorism? Not enough airplane involved or something?
    Last edited by doomahx; 07-20-2012 at 11:46.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    14 dead now.

Can someone please explain to me why this isn't being labeled an act of terrorism? Some articles even explicitly say "there is no evidence that this was an act of terrorism". How is this not terrorism?
    Because nobody has issued demands. You can't just label every incident of mass murder as "terrorism", terrorism is quite a bit more specific than that.
    You are clearly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Because nobody has issued demands. You can't just label every incident of mass murder as "terrorism", terrorism is quite a bit more specific than that.
    I guess there are different definitions. I didn't realize demands had to be involved but it's quite possible the definition i saw was bad.

The one I pulled up first was "The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes"

Can someone please explain to me why this isn't being labeled an act of terrorism? Some articles even explicitly say "there is no evidence to suggest this was an act of terrorism". How is this not terrorism? Not enough airplane involved or something?
    Terrorism is about instilling fear into a population to press for there demands. This guy couldn't get a ticket to see Batman so went on a rampage. Mass murdering nutter is more like it.

11,000+

I guess there are different definitions. I didn't realize demands had to be involved but it's quite possible the definition i saw was bad.

The one I pulled up first was "The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes"
    Where does it say this guy used violence to "intimidate or coerce"? To me it just looks like random killings.
    You are clearly awesome.

Depends what your definition of terrorism is. For most people, it involved Arabs & Muslims trying to destroy us for our freedoms.

Whatever you label this, it's fucking appalling. Sociopaths literally have a section of their brain that is just turned off, or massively cut down in power. They don't feel empathy. They can cause pain without remorse. It doesn't mean you will go on a killing spree like this but damn..

Here's an interesting fact, about 3% of the population are sociopaths given what we've identified as the brain pattern for one. That's a bit scary.

Yummy.

in·tim·i·date (n-tm-dt)
    tr.v. in·tim·i·dat·ed, in·tim·i·dat·ing, in·tim·i·dates
    To make timid; fill with fear.

You're right, we cannot know what his motives were yet but regardless of his motives the outcome was that of mass fear and intimidation.

Like I said before, perhaps the definitions I am finding are wrong as there are MANY different definitions.
    Last edited by doomahx; 07-20-2012 at 12:13.

11,000+

in·tim·i·date (n-tm-dt)
    tr.v. in·tim·i·dat·ed, in·tim·i·dat·ing, in·tim·i·dates
    To make timid; fill with fear.

You're right, we cannot know what his motives were yet but regardless of his motives the outcome was that of mass fear and intimidation.

Like I said before, perhaps the definitions I am finding are wrong as there are MANY different definitions.
    That's the thing though, it's likely his intention wasn't to intimidate, he just happened to be intimidating.
    You are clearly awesome.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by pooviera View Post
    I think, what is it excellent idea.
    Haha, loving the bots sometimes.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

Terrorism is political/warlike in nature. This was just a sadistic/psychotic mass murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Good thing we can buy multi round mag fed semi-auto guns in AmeriKa!

USA!USA!USA! WERE NUMBER ONE!!

FUck did I say "guns" I mean hunting rifles.