Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5141516 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 252
  1. #211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    I don't recall the specific request. Here's an abstract related to bone health long term affect Fluoride has on the body. Note that the U shaped relationship means fluoride in a proper dosage makes your bones stronger.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11341339
    http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/...al-trials.html

    http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/...re/epi.html#df

    http://www.slweb.org/fluoride-bone.html#2

  2. #212
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Notice how it has no effect on hip-fractures which is really the only type of fracture that is a concern.

    "We found a small but significant increase in the risk of hip fracture in both men and women exposed to artificial fluoridation at 1 ppm, suggesting that low levels of fluoride may increase the risk of hip fracture in the elderly."

    This study counters PGs study and suggests that the worst type of fracture occurs more at the rate that PGs study suggests it decreases fractures.




    I don't know how you can mindlessly defend poisoning people.
    Last edited by Nunz; 08-02-2012 at 08:10.

  3. #213
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Just to be clear:


    PirateGlens study says that at 1ppm over-all fractures decrease but there is no decrease to hip-fractures.


    Damedius study goes on to show that hip fractures actually increase at 1ppm.


    This is also just one aspect of fluoride. There are studies that suggest your IQ is lowered. Cancer rates are increased. Build up in the pineal gland, in the brain. Contradicting studies on every positive aspect the corporations that sell this shit claim exist.
    Last edited by Nunz; 08-02-2012 at 08:22.

  4. #214
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Notice how it has no effect on hip-fractures which is really the only type of fracture that is a concern.

    "We found a small but significant increase in the risk of hip fracture in both men and women exposed to artificial fluoridation at 1 ppm, suggesting that low levels of fluoride may increase the risk of hip fracture in the elderly."

    This study counters PGs study and suggests that the worst type of fracture occurs more at the rate that PGs study suggests it decreases fractures.

    I don't know how you can mindlessly defend poisoning people.
    "After adjustment for potential confounding variables, fluoride
    exposures in the higher part of the range were, if anything,
    associated with a decreased risk of hip fracture and other
    non-spinal fractures. This result accords with our finding
    that fluoride in drinking water at a concentration of about
    1 ppm carries no important increase in the risk of hip fracture."
    http://www.junkscience.org/jan00/fluor1.pdf

    This is a later study than what you cited. I don't know how you can deny people important nutrients.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  5. #215
    Normal User Chalupas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    I don't know how you can deny people important nutrients.
    Troll on.

    Flouride = important nutrient?

    Not sure if or is appropriate here, since there isn't a cross-eyed and drooling emoticon.

  6. #216
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Haaaaah.


    So at the very least, we have contradicting Science, but people are stupid for being concerned?


    And I wonder what the adjustments were? The removal of osteoporotic woman from the study?



    These are just a couple notes on complications involving fluoride:


    "We report 11 fluoride-treated postmenopausal patients who developed spontaneous fractures of the femoral necks... [W]e believe that the available evidence strongly favors an association between spontaneous femoral fractures (stress and surgical) and NaF (sodium fluoride) plus Ca treatment under certain circumstances. "
    SOURCE: Gutteridge DH, et al. (1990). Spontaneous hip fractures in fluoride-treated patients: potential causative factors. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research 5 Suppl 1:S205-15.

    "Bone fragility during fluoride therapy for osteoporosis was observed in 24 (37.5%) of 64 patients treated with sodium fluoride, calcium, and vitamin D for 2.5 years who developed episodes of lower-limb pain during treatment. Eighteen (28%) of these patients had clinical and roentgenographic features of 41 stress fractures and 12 new spinal fractures. There were 26 periarticular, six femoral neck, three pubic rami, three tibia and fibula, one greater trochanter, and two subtrochanteric fractures. Vertebral fractures appeared first, then periarticular, then femoral neck, and lastly long-bone shaft fractures. All fractures were spontaneous in onset. The peripheral fracture rate during treatment was three times that in untreated osteoporosis. "
    SOURCE: Schnitzler CM, et al. (1990). Bone fragility of the peripheral skeleton during fluoride therapy for osteoporosis. Clinical Orthopedics (261):268-75.

    "In four of the six hip fractures in this study, the history strongly suggested that the fracture occurred before the patient fell. The spontaneous character of the fracture in our patients, and in other reports, suggest that fluoride treatment probably increases the risk of stress fractures. "
    SOURCE: Hedlund LR, Gallagher JC. (1989). Increased incidence of hip fracture in osteoporotic women treated with sodium fluoride. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research 4:223-5.

    "Thirteen cases of spontaneous fissure or fracture of the lower limbs observed in 8 patients under treatment with sodium fluoride are reported; 7 of these patients were being treated for osteoporosis... Fluor seems to be responsible for the fissures which cannot be avoided by calcium and/or vitamin D intake... When such fissures occur, fluoride therapy must be discontinued and the limb put at rest... "
    SOURCE: Orcel P, et al. (1987). [Spontaneous fissures and fractures of the legs in patients with osteoporosis treated with sodium fluoride]. Presse Med 16:571-5.

    "Two patients with moderate renal failure sustained spontaneous bilateral hip fractures during treatment with fluoride, calcium, and vitamin D for osteoporosis....As bilateral femoral neck fractures are very rare these data suggest a causal link between fractures and fluoride in patients with renal failure. "
    SOURCE: Gerster JC, et al. (1983). Bilateral fractures of femoral neck in patients with moderate renal failure receiving fluoride for spinal osteoporosis. British Medical Journal (Clin Res Ed). 287(6394):723-5.

    "Three or four of the fractures in the fluoride group appeared to be spontaneous hip fractures... We believe that the fluoride treatment here was probably partly responsible for the fractures in our cases. "
    SOURCE: Inkovaara J, et al. (1975). Phophylactic fluoride treatment and aged bones. British Medical Journal 3: 73-74.

    "Spontaneous fractures are fairly frequent. "
    SOURCE: Roholm K. (1937). Fluoride intoxication: a clinical-hygienic study with a review of the literature and some experimental investigations. London: H.K. Lewis Ltd.
    Last edited by Nunz; 08-03-2012 at 04:06.

  7. #217
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    And did you really just call fluorosilicic acid an important nutrient.

  8. #218
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalupas View Post
    Troll on.

    Flouride = important nutrient?

    Not sure if or is appropriate here, since there isn't a cross-eyed and drooling emoticon.
    Indeed if you care about the health of your teeth. The morons of the world seem to be willfully ignorant these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  9. #219
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Haaaaah.


    So at the very least, we have contradicting Science, but people are stupid for being concerned?


    And I wonder what the adjustments were? The removal of osteoporotic woman from the study?
    I see you've carefully omitted about 20 years of research on the topic. The science is pretty settled on the topic, but as we've seen before the idiots of the world care little for science. If it disagrees with their religion it means the NWO bought them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  10. #220
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    I see you've carefully omitted about 20 years of research on the topic. The science is pretty settled on the topic, but as we've seen before the idiots of the world care little for science. If it disagrees with their religion it means the NWO bought them.
    Science is not fucking settled at all. You're such a liar lol

    Oh, I'm sorry, you're study from 2001 is more accurate than my study from 2000?

    Is that how things work for you?


    It is ethically wrong to medicate a populace. In most cases, either unknowingly or against their will. Furthermore the chemical used in our tap water is illegal to put into the environment. But somehow, the corporations are able to sell it, rather than legally dispose of it, to the State. And then the product still finds its way into the environment.

    Never-mind the Science behind all this that proves it builds up in our brains, causes cancer, and does just about the opposite of everything you claim it does.
    Last edited by Nunz; 08-03-2012 at 09:18.

  11. #221
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Science is not fucking settled at all. You're such a liar lol

    Oh, I'm sorry, you're study from 2001 is more accurate than my study from 2000?
    Please, add more lols. Your sources are dated "1990, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1983, 1975, 1937." But It's hard to keep track of such things when you're just crapping out things you copied from the fluoride action network.

    Is that how things work for you?

    It is ethically wrong to medicate a populace. In most cases, either unknowingly or against their will. Furthermore the chemical used in our tap water is illegal to put into the environment. But somehow, the corporations are able to sell it, rather than legally dispose of it, to the State. And then the product still finds its way into the environment.

    Never-mind the Science behind all this that proves it builds up in our brains, causes cancer, and does just about the opposite of everything you claim it does.
    It would seem you are incapable of discerning studies that administer fluoride in higher quanitites than tap water for specific medical purposes and the impact that the amount in tap water has on the body. You also seem incapable of understanding how dilution acts upon environmental pollutants. It's rather depressing how your self-proclaimed skepticism lets you gobble up everything the fluoride action network tells you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  12. #222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    The only smart answer you could give if English isn't your second language is no answer.

    It's a loaded question.

    How so? Would it be any different by asking if Mandarin was your native tongue?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    So what you meant to say is that the question is a stupid one.

    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.


    Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Thanks for the quote.

    Being ironic takes skill, of which you have displayed none. Ignorance seems to be your specialty, as taking a quote out of context for comedic purposes on a small forum seems to be particularly entertaining to you. Somehow.


    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    In both instances you have to pay an additional cost to add or filter the additional substance. In this instance the people that have the greatest need for fluoridated water are the poor who are least capable and least likely to afford their children the fluoride that will protect their teeth. I don't see a need to avoid fluoridation when there's no evidence to support any real hazard at the recommended levels. It's either nutjobs convinced it's a mind control substance or other idiots who don't understand the difference between high and low levels of a substance having a different impact on the body.
    What about a build up of fluoride in the body? If water that is fluoridated is ingested every day as is needed, how does the body remove the excess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubby Bear View Post
    Its actually Maya game, not meta game. It comes from the ancient Mayan tradition of rubbing 2 phallic sticks together in a ritual simulating the bonding made by warriors battling in the grand arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    My mind is like a parachute. It only works if it's open.

  13. #223
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -=GiMiK=- View Post
    What about a build up of fluoride in the body? If water that is fluoridated is ingested every day as is needed, how does the body remove the excess?
    Excretion? Do you imagine you only excrete water?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  14. #224
    7000+ EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Excretion? Do you imagine you only excrete water?
    Orrr..


    It builds up in your brain? Google it.

  15. #225
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    Orrr..


    It builds up in your brain? Google it.
    I think google might be your problem. You get a bunch of bullshit sites instead of scholarly articles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •